• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

Saw a nurse practitioner at the cardiologist's office today. I told her about the palpitations I've been having that have been draining my energy. She put me on a two-week remote heart monitor and prescribed a low-dose beta blocker. I've already had to trigger the heart monitor several times since this afternoon. The beta blocker prescription will probably be ready tomorrow.

***The Edema Chronicles for Feb. 24, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 4:57 a.m., was 314 lbs.

We're holding the status quo. This is good news. I'd rather see a drop in weight back toward 306, but I'll take this over a gain any day.

I have learned that at the first sign of a migraine I need to take acetaminophen if I want any chance of stopping it. Just did, hoping for the best.

Colds suck.  I actually feel worse than I did during most of when I had covid.  If this doesn't clear up by tomorrow it's off to the clinic I go.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Colds suck.  I actually feel worse than I did during most of when I had covid.  If this doesn't clear up by tomorrow it's off to the clinic I go.

From all I've heard, that's pretty common. For a fairly-small fraction of people (a larger fraction than is typical for influenza), covid really really sucks, and for some of those people it sucks for a long time, but for everyone else...

I had one day of being a bit off-balance, at the start of five days of unusually-mild cold symptoms.

The second dose of the vaccine... if you have a steady sleep schedule, it'll be about 32 hours from when you go to bed one night to when you get up after the *next* night. After getting the vaccine, I slept for about 26 of those 32 hours and was semi-functional for the other six. Fortunately I had absolutely nothing that I *had* to do that day.

This is the only vaccine I've ever had any discernible reaction to. Even the ones where they tell you your shoulder will hurt for a day or two... maybe ten minutes.

***The Edema Chronicles for Feb. 27, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 3:59 a.m., was 316 lbs.

Hmm. A 3 lb jump. I know the doctor said I should call my primary care physician in this case, but I did a fair share of sitting upright yesterday instead of putting my legs up, so I know what the possible cause was. Give it a day.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

From all I've heard, that's pretty common. For a fairly-small fraction of people (a larger fraction than is typical for influenza), covid really really sucks, and for some of those people it sucks for a long time, but for everyone else...

I had one day of being a bit off-balance, at the start of five days of unusually-mild cold symptoms.

The second dose of the vaccine... if you have a steady sleep schedule, it'll be about 32 hours from when you go to bed one night to when you get up after the *next* night. After getting the vaccine, I slept for about 26 of those 32 hours and was semi-functional for the other six. Fortunately I had absolutely nothing that I *had* to do that day.

This is the only vaccine I've ever had any discernible reaction to. Even the ones where they tell you your shoulder will hurt for a day or two... maybe ten minutes.

If you've had the vaccines, COVID should not be life threatening; keep the boosters up because it is an evolving moving target. You will still get sick, it isn't fun, but it is in the range of 'cold and flu'. However, there are long term effects from COVID, and you may pick up some of those.

I reacted to my second COVID shot more than the first, and more than three subsequent boosters. It was like a mild flu.

Also keep up with your flu shots. They really make a difference. I was required to get them by the USAF, and after a few years, I noticed I was not getting sick nearly as often as my civilian friends were.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

I still feel like crap, but I'm 75% better than yesterday.  Not going to the clinic and not spending the day in bed.

***The Edema Chronicles for Feb. 28, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 7:05 a.m., was 318 lbs.

This is worrying. I don't remember drinking any more fluids yesterday than in previous days, but I *do* remember going to the bathroom a lot more. I'm going to consult with Mrs. Prof once she wakes up.

Just finished my "yearly" in home wellness check. Aside from mental health issues and my pulse rate being high I'm healthy. Did more test and asked more questions than they did last time.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I've decided to resolve my weight issues by growing taller. So far, I've made zero progress in this, so I figure things can only get better.

I've heard that people over 8 feet tall have a hard time finding clothes that fit.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I've heard that people over 8 feet tall have a hard time finding clothes that fit.

Numerous issues with being that tall. Stuff is not built for you. Cars, airline seats, door frames, . . . They also tend to die fairly young.

***The Edema Chronicles for March 2, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 3:57 a.m., was 316 lbs.

No light jacket this time. The Bumex diuretic has been working double overtime as well, offsetting all of the fluids I've been drinking.

I'm sorry if all of this weight tracking seems boring and silly to you folks, but it's a very serious matter for me. A gain over 320 lbs makes it hard for me to get around, and more than that becomes quite dangerous to my health, especially now that I've developed this HFpEF heart failure variant. If you want me to stop tracking it here, just say the word and I'll figure out some other way to track it without the public feature I mentioned at the start.

I have a headache and my neck hurts.  I've taken analgesics but if they don't kick in in the next 30 minutes or so, I'm seeing myself in bed WAY earlier than normal.