• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

***The Edema Chronicles for March 21, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 11:47 a.m., was 314 lbs.

Verified by multiple weighings. I spent almost all of yesterday with my legs elevated, so I was hoping for a decrease. Didn't expect one this drastic. Not complaining.

I have a migraine that is _really_ not responding to drugs.  That's 2 in the last week.  I'm going to assume that the weather has has a lot to do with them, plus the start of tree sex season.  That being said, if I have another in the next 5-6 days I'm going to clinic for something that isn't OTC and isn't a NSAID.  I'm really less than gruntled by this.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I have a migraine that is _really_ not responding to drugs.  That's 2 in the last week.  I'm going to assume that the weather has has a lot to do with them, plus the start of tree sex season.  That being said, if I have another in the next 5-6 days I'm going to clinic for something that isn't OTC and isn't a NSAID.  I'm really less than gruntled by this.

Consider that 'tree sex season' line stolen. North Carolina has a very vibrant tree sex season, vivid paint-like chartreuse everywhere. It's not the tree jizz that you see that gets ya, though. It's the ones you don't see that make it hard to breathe. Ragweed has its own little orgy going on, too. No wonder the dwarves hate them.

I do my part by consuming their offspring when I can. Become a vegan, thwart the evil designs of the plant life!

***The Edema Chronicles for March 27, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 4:00 a.m., was 321 lbs.

Had some problems with palpitations and low blood pressure yesterday that required the intake of salty food and extra fluids to counteract. That has apparently affected my weight.

Saturday's weight was 318 - I just don't remember when I took it.

I wound up calling my insurance company's free Teladoc service last night due to extreme pain in my torn right rotator cuff. My pain level peaked around 8:30pm at between a 9.5 and a 10, stretching from my shoulder down midway through my bicep. After exchanging some details, the doctor online suggested I go to the emergency room.

Of course, after cleaning up and getting ready to go, my pain subsided significantly. It went back to its normal, tolerable 8. It's been bouncing between that and an 8.5 all night long. So, no emergency room visit. However, if it gets bad again, I'm going without hesitation. Mrs. Prof was next to me on the call, and she heard the recommendation. 

I got up to take a shower prior to heading out for a lab test this morning. Headed down the hall, and the walls started tilting on me. Whoa. Shower and lab test postponed.

As a result, I wound up sleeping solid from noon until around 11pm. No breaks.

Prior to that, though, the clinic called back and asked me how I was doing. They were worried that my anemia was acting up. I'm supposed to call them if it happens again, even if it happens after hours.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I got up to take a shower prior to heading out for a lab test this morning. Headed down the hall, and the walls started tilting on me. Whoa. Shower and lab test postponed.

As a result, I wound up sleeping solid from noon until around 11pm. No breaks.

Prior to that, though, the clinic called back and asked me how I was doing. They were worried that my anemia was acting up. I'm supposed to call them if it happens again, even if it happens after hours.

That sounds more than a little frightening. I am glad nothing bad happened. I am also glad you got some obviously badly needed sleep.

Please take care.

***The Edema Chronicles for March 30, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 5:58 a.m., was 321 lbs.

This was without my jacket. My weight, taken with my jacket on about an hour earlier, was 320 lbs.

I need a new scale.

I saw my orthopedic surgeon today, with the intent of having a pre-op appointment to get ready for my right shoulder rotator cuff surgery. He examined me and was happy with my progress. After the exam, I expressed some fears I had about what would happen to me after the surgery. You see, I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to push off my right arm to help myself get out of a chair (which I need due to my bad knees) for 6 weeks. "Four months," he corrected me, making an already bad situation worse. I laid out some other concerns, and finally asked if I could go into a rehab hospital after the surgery. "There's nothing to rehab in your shoulder," he said, and told me no. I asked him what my options were. He said that I probably shouldn't have the surgery.

Oh, great.

Well, maybe all is not lost. He mentioned a couple of more conservative, non-surgical treatments we could try. One of them wasn't covered by insurance, so that one was right out from the start. The other, a cortisone shot into the joint, guided by an ultrasound scan, would be covered. I told him to go for it, and he did, on the same day. It hurt a bit, but hot as bad as others I've had. The shot should take about a week to kick in, if it's going to help at all.

The pros to this are that I'm not going to have to deal with a year or more of rehab, and extraordinarily painful rehab at that. The cons are that I'm never going to completely get rid of this pain, but then again I may never have gotten rid of it even with the surgery. We'll see what happens.