• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

I have the start of a migraine.  I'm supposed to take meds as soon as I feel one starting which should help, but acetaminophen often does squat.  Hoping this isn't one of those cases.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have the start of a migraine.  I'm supposed to take meds as soon as I feel one starting which should help, but acetaminophen often does squat.  Hoping this isn't one of those cases.

Not working.  Going to bed with sleep mask.

Migraines headache times are staying at 12-18 hours but postdrone (migraine hangover) are getting longer.  I still have body aches and feel slightly nauseous.  I think I'm going to go back to bed soon.

Woo hoo. I get to have foot surgery again.

I have a sesamoid bone on my right foot that has migrated out of place and is now between the bone that runs to my big toe and the ball of my right foot. As a result, it's putting pressure on the flesh and causing breakthrough ulcers and pain on the ball of my foot. I found this out at my podiatrist's office today - he took an X-ray which showed the migration. The only way to fix the problem is to cut off the sesamoid bone and pull it out through the left side of my foot.

I don't have a surgery date yet, since I just learned I'll need surgery today. I do know the surgery will be outpatient, and that I should be able to walk on my right foot the same day of the surgery. Once I get a date, I'll post it here.

I've been ill for the past 5 or 6 days with what my doctor's physician's assistant calls a nasty cold that's "headed in the wrong direction." I was having trouble breathing over the weekend and didn't spend any time on the computer. As a result of my appointment on Monday, I've been put on 10 days' worth of antibiotics (Augmentin) and have been told to take it easy. Easier said than done.

Oh, and my weight shot up to 328 lbs thanks to the damned gabapentin that was in the pain cream my pain management doctor gave me. I was hoping that the gabapentin wouldn't cause its usual side-effects on me since it was being applied externally this time, but noooooo....

I quit the cream, and now my weight's going back down. It was 326 lbs at the doctor today. My shoulder's hurting worse, too. Sigh.

Have you mentioned to the docs that when you use gabapentin you gain weight? They may have something else that is almost as good for the intended purpose but doesn't have that side effect.

I got my 1st shingles shot today. Several hours ago. The injection site hurts a lot more than the last set of shots I've gotten.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Have you mentioned to the docs that when you use gabapentin you gain weight? They may have something else that is almost as good for the intended purpose but doesn't have that side effect.

Yep. Gabapentin stands alone, unfortunately. Had a hard time getting my first pain management doctor to believe me about it. Every time I've been exposed to it since, I've gained weight.

***The Edema Chronicles for June 8, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 12:58 a.m., was 321 lbs.

Forgot to file my report this morning. I've been distracted by heart palpitations something fierce today. They've been acting up over the last 3 days, but today they're really bad.

19 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I've been distracted by heart palpitations something fierce today.

What is your average BPM when you get those. My resting pulse rate averages 100

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

What is your average BPM when you get those. My resting pulse rate averages 100

Right around 70-80. It's not my heart rate that causes me trouble. It's the out-of-sync beats that drive me crazy. They're worse than PVCs.

Just bashed the every loving crap out of my right knee.  I've already taken acetaminophen for a head ache, so I can take any more for 1 hour and 30 some odd minutes (yes, I have a timer on my phone).  Gonna go to bed to take some weight off of it.  This sucks.

Spoiler Body Functions

D&D game cut short due to diarrhea.   Taken drugs but they haven't really kick in yet.  Gut aches.   Can't win.  I'm either crapping bricks or have the trots

Foot surgery is scheduled at last! I'm set to go in for my pre-op appointment on June 26th, and then the actual surgery will follow on June 29th. I then have a post-op follow-up scheduled on July 5th. Now I can get rid of the cause of these ulcers!

On 6/14/2023 at 1:42 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Foot surgery is scheduled at last! I'm set to go in for my pre-op appointment on June 26th, and then the actual surgery will follow on June 29th. I then have a post-op follow-up scheduled on July 5th. Now I can get rid of the cause of these ulcers!

Good!  Hopefully this will result in less foot pain for you.

***The Edema Chronicles for June 24, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 5:35 a.m., was 316 lbs.

Sorry, but I've been sick with an upper respiratory infection again. Saw the doctor yesterday and got more Augmentin, plus some phenergan DM cough syrup.

I caught my illness from Mrs. Prof - she's been sick going on 3 weeks now. Hers turned into bronchitis.