• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

It's shrink day.  She's not happy with my sleep hours so one drug, imipramine goes down to 50mg, Ablilify stays at 40 and I can take Adderall again.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

Eww, I took imipramine in middle school, and it made me drowsy pretty much 24/7.

Well, I would say I barely notice it, but I have been sleeping like 10-12 hours a day, so there is that.

I just got some bad news from my podiatrist's office.

I had a bone scan run on the infected middle toe of my left foot on Wednesday. Just got the results a few minutes ago - it's osteomyelitis, a bone infection. The same thing that cost me the second toe of that same foot back in December of 2018.

We're not screwing with the IV antibiotics this go-round. They did no good last time, and they'll do no good this time. We're going straight to partial amputation. It's scheduled for some time in the morning of Friday, April 26th.

The news keeps getting worse.

I had a face-to-face appointment with my foot doctor yesterday. Not only do I have osteomyelitis in the middle toe of my left foot, I've got signs of it in the metatarsal (the long bone) that leads to the middle toe. So, when he does the partial amputation of my toe, he's going to do a bone biopsy of my metatarsal.

I'm kinda scared of the possibility of losing part of my foot proper due to a bone infection. How will it affect how I walk?