• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

That's one way of going about it, but with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, it's developed resistance to so many antibiotics that doing it that way would be a crap shoot. What the CDC and others recommend is taking cultures and testing them out against antibiotic agents until you find an agent that works. I'm not looking forward to having a second round of cultures taken, since that probably means opening up my foot again.

I'll find out more at 2pm CDT today.

10 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

That's one way of going about it, but with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, it's developed resistance to so many antibiotics that doing it that way would be a crap shoot. What the CDC and others recommend is taking cultures and testing them out against antibiotic agents until you find an agent that works. I'm not looking forward to having a second round of cultures taken, since that probably means opening up my foot again.

I'll find out more at 2pm CDT today.

That sounds horrid.  Good luck with getting that under control.

Crisis averted - the abscess was below the bones of my amputated toe, not on the bottom of my foot. The podiatrist says he got all of the pocket of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa in my toe, but he's put me on Cipro just in case.

Fingers crossed!

18 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Crisis averted - the abscess was below the bones of my amputated toe, not on the bottom of my foot. The podiatrist says he got all of the pocket of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa in my toe, but he's put me on Cipro just in case.

Fingers crossed!

Whew! I am very relieved to hear! Do take good care of yourself, prof!

TMI post below

As you may recall for previous posts of mine, I poop about once every 3 or 4 days.  I'm now on day 5 and have no need to poop as far as I can tell. 

Because I know this isn't healthy I've started to eat 2 metamucil "wafers" every day in an attempt to get something like regular.  I'm only on my 2nd day of the wafers, so I don't expect them to have any effect as yet, but this shit, so to speak, has got to stop.  Actually it needs to start, not stop.

40 minutes ago, mlooney said:

TMI post below

Reveal hidden contents

More TMI

Well, I just had a bowel movement.  Not sure if it was because of the wafers or not.  Almost plugged up the low flow toilet

About 8:30 or 9:00 I took 5mg of Adderall, the first I've take in about 2 weeks.  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  I'm still wired for sound and it's been15 hours more or less now.  Going to take a two benadryl and see if that helps. 

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

About 8:30 or 9:00 I took 5mg of Adderall, the first I've take in about 2 weeks.  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  I'm still wired for sound and it's been15 hours more or less now.  Going to take a two benadryl and see if that helps. 

Well that didn't work.  I'm taking a dose of ibuprofen PM and see if that works.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

It just dawned on me, this might not be a reaction to the Adderall, but in fact be a hypomanic episode.  Good thing I'm talking to my shrink Tuesday. 

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

It just dawned on me, this might not be a reaction to the Adderall, but in fact be a hypomanic episode.  Good thing I'm talking to my shrink Tuesday. 

I ended up getting enough sleep that I don't think it was a hypomanic episode, so it must have been an Adderall reaction.   Thanks for those people that reacted, I appreciate that. 

If it ain't one thing, it's another.

I've had a sudden 7 pound weight gain, thanks to edema (swelling), in this case suspected water weight gain. I've ballooned up in my feet, legs, and ankles. I  take Lasix (40 mg) for edema, but I fear that it's either not doing its job or I need a higher dose. A doctor's visit may be in order, but I can't arrange for my wife to drive me there: we've got constructors, an electrician, and floor replacement people all coming in at the same time Monday, and someone's got to be here to watch over all of them. Urgent care is out, since this is not the kind of situation you take to someone who doesn't know your medical history. I don't know if Uber is an option to get me to a doctor.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

TMI Post below

While I'm still only having a bowel movement every 3 days or so, when I do have it, it's soft and easy to pass.  I've been on the MetaMucil wafers for about 10 days now and I think they are the reason why.  I'll take that as a win and keep on the wafers.

Follow-up on the edema/swelling in my legs/feet/ankles - my doctor and his medical assistant diagnosed things over the phone. They've doubled my Lasix dose from 40mg to 80mg a day. I predict much outgoing water in my future. :icon_confused:

21 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Follow-up on the edema/swelling in my legs/feet/ankles - my doctor and his medical assistant diagnosed things over the phone. They've doubled my Lasix dose from 40mg to 80mg a day. I predict much outgoing water in my future. :icon_confused:

Good thing that with social distancing and stay-at-home orders, you weren't planning on going far from your toilet anyway.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It's amazing what they can do over the phone now.  I suspect that there will be a lot more tele-medical stuff in the future, regardless of how the current pandemic works out.

TMI Report below

I've keep up my Metamucil wafers and I'm proud to say that I'm taking a poop every other day, down from every 3 or 4 days.  If this keeps up I might even be "regular" some day.

You may return to your normal daily activities at this time.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

TMI Report below

Hide contents

I've keep up my Metamucil wafers and I'm proud to say that I'm taking a poop every other day, down from every 3 or 4 days.  If this keeps up I might even be "regular" some day.

You may return to your normal daily activities at this time.

What about the wafer taste? Is it palatable? I'd say why, but I can't figure out how to do the "hide contents" TMI bit.

8 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What about the wafer taste? Is it palatable? I'd say why, but I can't figure out how to do the "hide contents" TMI bit.

The apple flavored ones, at least, are like a crunchy cookie.  I've got a set of the cinnamon ones, but I haven't tried them yet.

I got them via amazon   

19 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

but I can't figure out how to do the "hide contents" TMI bit.

You say [ spoiler ] without the spaces.  Then [ /spoiler ] to close, again without the spaces.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

The apple flavored ones, at least, are like a crunchy cookie.  I've got a set of the cinnamon ones, but I haven't tried them yet.

I got them via amazon   

I ordered a set today. Let's see how they work.

I'm using them for opiod-induced constipation. 'Tis truly a pain in the tortuous colon.

6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I ordered a set today. Let's see how they work.

Reveal hidden contents

It took about a week to have any real effect on me.  But I haven't had a hard BM after that.

I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to get out of bed. I put weight on my right foot and felt a shooting pain come from my arch, bad enough to knock me off balance. I almost fell over. I've been having trouble walking on my right foot ever since. There's no pain when I'm just sitting down with no weight on my right foot, but my pain level goes up to 8.5 when I try to put weight on it. I hope it clears, because if it doesn't, I'm going to have to call my damned podiatrist Monday.