• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Monday July 25, 2016

I'm wondering if the Disco Wizard might have made a mistake here. If he is aware enough of Grace's dreams to have identified Pandora's intrusion so quickly. It would seem to me that he would have no problem remaining hidden in Grace's dreams from Pandora. But now he has shown himself and removed all doubt for Pandora about who or what has been feeding information to Grace.

It is common tactic to provoke an enemy to see exactly how they will respond. Did the Disco Wizard just stumble into Pandora's trap here?

Wee precarious (for both of them), eh?

Note to self: Dan has been tinkering at the workshop again. Must re-calibrate.

Being in Grace's mind for a longer time, the Disco Wizard may have some advantage over Pandora since he knows the surroundings and can use them against her. Though Pandora may also have something up her sleeve.

17 minutes ago, banneret said:

Perhaps the disco wizard has consent.

DW has the big advantage, courtesy-wise, that he is not spying. He came specifically to make contact with Grace and he made himself openly known. He knocked on the door, as it were. Pandora, on the other hand, entered with hostile or at least ambiguous intentions and solely to get knowledge from Grace, with no intentions of giving anything back.

In fact, if you look at the original comic, it is obvious that DW has no idea of what is going on before he makes himself known to Grace. "This dream again?"

Still, the Disco Wizard DID give Mrs Raven something she wanted.

Panel Two Pandora is surprised.

P.S. Is there any chance that Panel One Pandora is repeated by "clever" forum users when commenting on just about anything? Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

Two powerful entities are about to duke it out in Grace's mind. At least one of them will not feel bound by the Marquess of Queensberry rules.  Poor Grace.

Edited by Amiable Dorsai
Missing "m" in "them"

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

P.S. Is there any chance that Panel One Pandora is repeated by "clever" forum users when commenting on just about anything?

The quote? Or the panel itself in slay form? The quote I can see getting old fast considering what I've been seeing on twitter lately...

I can see a battle of absurdity about to happen. You know, like Pandora shoots a magic beam at Disco Wizard and the beam turns into a stream of playing cards, which turn around and fly towards Pandora, about to give her a million paper cuts, before they turn into chickens and fly towards Disco Wizard, dropping eggs that explode on contact...

That sort of thing.

Perhaps I'm channeling Ashley again, but so many questions.

• Is the Disco Wizard lying? (If he is, I think we can all guess his true identity.)
  • Is Grace going to catch on to this and get into the fray?
  • Is Disco Wizard crazy? Threatening PandoraNo one in the Moperverse has been shown to be more powerful than Pandora.
  • Is Disco Wizard's plan to manipulate Grace into attacking Pandora? Grace is so powerful she even scares Pandora's son.
  • Is it really an Immortal rule not to intrude into mortal dreams? Seems to me that would fall well within the "empower and guide" limits.

13 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

• Is the Disco Wizard lying? (If he is, I think we can all guess his true identity.)
  • Is Disco Wizard crazy? Threatening PandoraNo one in the Moperverse has been shown to be more powerful than Pandora.
  • Is Disco Wizard's plan to manipulate Grace into attacking Pandora? Grace is so powerful she even scares Pandora's son.
  • Is it really an Immortal rule not to intrude into mortal dreams? Seems to me that would fall well within the "empower and guide" limits.

We don't know if Disco Wizard is an Immortal. He might be a mortal wizard, he might be something completely different. Since he is working for Magic itself, or at least claims he does... he could be anything at all.

My personal guess is that he is Morgan Freeman in a really horrible wig. :danshiftyeyes:

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Disco Wizard being Voltaire? Doubt it. Everything Voltaire has done seems focused on Elliot, he tried to get Tara to kill Elliot, that failed, now he's trying to mess with Magus's plan by manipulating Sirleck, yeah he's gone and thrown Adrian into the mix which would likely pull Pandora's attention towards the matter but I think it's still a separate thread from what Pandora's trying to do with Grace.

Grace very likely could take notice of Pandora because of this. There's a possibility of Grace learning about Pandora's connection to Adrian and even Tedd here.

Pandora may not be as powerful in Grace's dreams as she would be elsewhere, Disco Wizard may have an advantage due to Grace having accepted his guidance.

I don't think he intended on Grace fighting Pandora directly, I don't think he actually knew it was Pandora doing this stuff though I think he hoped this would draw her out. There must have been a reason Dan chose to start the arc with backstory about Pandora, I'm thinking main characters are going to learn about it as well, Grace may learn it first....uh oh..she was in the middle of dreaming about having issues with fighting because anything she might have to fight could have some tragic story behind it, she'll have a very big issue with wanting to fight Pandora after learning she's Adrian's mom and that she started this path to insanity after losing Blaike.

There may not be an actual rule about it among Immortals, but Magic might still take offense to it, especially if it's trying to prevent causing a system change.

I bet on Disco Wizard in this particular setting. He's been picked by Magic itself to send a message to Grace through her dreams. Outside of dreams he probably wouldn't stand a chance against Pandora. Outside of dreams, he may even not be a wizard at all. But I'm sure he's got the uphand here. Probably not easily, because Pandora is generally too powerful for everyone's good, including hers.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Disco Wizard being Voltaire? Doubt it. Everything Voltaire has done seems focused on Elliot, he tried to get Tara to kill Elliot, that failed, now he's trying to mess with Magus's plan by manipulating Sirleck, yeah he's gone and thrown Adrian into the mix which would likely pull Pandora's attention towards the matter but I think it's still a separate thread from what Pandora's trying to do with Grace.

If Voltaire is an Immortal, his motives could be anything. What, he's not an Immortal? But he said he was an Immortal. He wouldn't be lying about that, would he? And he couldn't be deluded about being an Immortal, like Damien, could he?

Disco Wizard said he couldn't really remember what he did in the dreams he shared with Grace. Unless that's a flat-out lie, it means that Disco Wizard isn't an Immortal, he's the catspaw of someone else, Magic itself, or someone or something that's lying to him.

7 minutes ago, Schmorgluck said:

He's been picked by Magic itself to send a message to Grace through her dreams.

Or he's been picked by someone or something presenting him/her/itself as "Magic itself." And DW doesn't say he was picked directly; he said on behalf of.

Does anyone remember the very strange dream Grace had soon after defeating Damien? I don't have any idea how or if it could tie in to this, but maybe we'll be seeing some horned skulls soon.

Or maybe Grace will turn dream-Pandora into a foxy Rhoda.

6 hours ago, Zorua said:

Magic Itself is not amused.

5 hours ago, Stature said:

Disco is not amused, either. *does The Hustle*

Do not piss off either wizards or disco.   And never piss off the Disco Wizard.

(Of course as a 70's rocker I have to add the obligatory "Disco sucks" remark here)

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or maybe Grace will turn dream-Pandora into a foxy Rhoda.

That would be, well, screamingly funny.  Until Pandora gets free, then it would just cause screams.

Edited by mlooney
grammar check

21 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Until Pandora gets free, then it would just cause screams.

I don't think so. It would surprise Pandora, and Pandora likes surprises. Which is a big reason why Sarah is still alive after sassing Pandora.

Of course, having either Pandora or her son take a special liking to you is not necessarily entirely a good thing...

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Do not piss off either wizards or disco.   And never piss off the Disco Wizard.

(Of course as a 70's rocker I have to add the obligatory "Disco sucks" remark here)

Now you are just being contradictory. Sir, please leave the discotheque dreamscape if you do not want to be mugged by people wearing polyester leisure suits.