• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Monday July 25, 2016

46 minutes ago, Stature said:

Now you are just being contradictory. Sir, please leave the discotheque dreamscape if you do not want to be mugged by people wearing polyester leisure suits.

I fear not the polyester leisure suit, for I have stared in to that abyss and won.

I was even a bit bored by the whole thing.

School pictures, roughly 1975 or 76.

12990872_10154179304835559_7541910025189

18 hours ago, inqntrol said:

Being in Grace's mind for a longer time, the Disco Wizard may have some advantage over Pandora since he knows the surroundings and can use them against her. Though Pandora may also have something up her sleeve.

He probably have advantage against ordinary trespassers ... but this is PANDORA. He likely underestimates her.

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Still, the Disco Wizard DID give Mrs Raven something she wanted.

Panel Two Pandora is surprised.

True.

11 hours ago, Myranuse said:

I can see a battle of absurdity about to happen. You know, like Pandora shoots a magic beam at Disco Wizard and the beam turns into a stream of playing cards, which turn around and fly towards Pandora, about to give her a million paper cuts, before they turn into chickens and fly towards Disco Wizard, dropping eggs that explode on contact...

Could be funny if watched from far enough.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Grace very likely could take notice of Pandora because of this. There's a possibility of Grace learning about Pandora's connection to Adrian and even Tedd here.

Actually, it seems that Disco Wizard blocked Pandora from seeing Grace - which might also blocked Grace from seeing Pandora.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
9 hours ago, Schmorgluck said:

He's been picked by Magic itself to send a message to Grace through her dreams.

Or he's been picked by someone or something presenting him/her/itself as "Magic itself." And DW doesn't say he was picked directly; he said on behalf of.

Yup. Personally, I find hard to believe that he was actually chosen by magic itself. That would mean the "mind of magic" is too normal. Someone lying to him  - or HIM lying - seems more likely.

56 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I've thought of a suspect for the Advisor I hadn't considered before: Nioi. Nioi is the only one we know who has given people dreams (Ellen's second life).

Grace already know Nioi, if Nioi wanted to contact any of them again, she'd be more direct. Also I mentioned in another thread recently that I didn't consider Ellen's second life dreams as actual dreams, but memories of another Ellen being implanted into her mind while she slept.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Grace already know Nioi, if Nioi wanted to contact any of them again, she'd be more direct. Also I mentioned in another thread recently that I didn't consider Ellen's second life dreams as actual dreams, but memories of another Ellen being implanted into her mind while she slept.

A very good point, but why do Ellen's Second Life dreams start in a sub-section called Sleepy Time where the rest of the Circle of Eight are also having weird dreams? It seems kind of a big deal to me. Why did The Shive mix in Ellen's first Second Life dream among so many dreams that don't seem to relate to Ellen's?

Okay, the others didn't get nose beeps that we know of.

But... why would Nioi be focused on Grace instead of Ellen? Well, for one thing, Nioi is another squirrel lady, in case you forgot about the tail. Arguably, she might be Grace's counterpart in her home universe, wherever that is.

Grace knows there was something significant about her dreams, else why has she been keeping a notepad by her bed to write down what she remembers about her dreams when she wakes up? Which kind of suggests she's been having those dreams for a long time. That kind of sounds like she's asked Tedd's dad about them. Small detail, but it has to be there for a reason. Doesn't support Nioi as the busybody, but doesn't make it any less likely.

Also, Nioi is the only candidate I can think of who's not likely to be up to no good. The cuteness of the fire goo griffin kind of fits pretty well with Nioi, doesn't it?

Finally (for now), Nioi being from another universe might be another surprise to Pandora (although we have no idea yet whether she plays in other universes.)

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But... why would Nioi be focused on Grace instead of Ellen? Well, for one thing, Nioi is another squirrel lady, in case you forgot about the tail. Arguably, she might be Grace's counterpart in her home universe, wherever that is.

Grace's counterpart is General Shade Tail.  We saw him when Lord Tedd asked him whether he knew where Nioi was.  Also, I believe it was stated (commentary or post or somesuch) that Nioi is part-skunk, and her name translates to "scent."

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

A very good point, but why do Ellen's Second Life dreams start in a sub-section called Sleepy Time where the rest of the Circle of Eight are also having weird dreams? It seems kind of a big deal to me. Why did The Shive mix in Ellen's first Second Life dream among so many dreams that don't seem to relate to Ellen's?

Because Ellen's second life stuff started the same night everyone else is having their dreams. Dreams are a creation of the subconscious. What Ellen was doing wasn't her subconscious creating a fantasy, it was an outside source literally transferring memories into her, for about a week, she was Neo, getting 18 years worth of data downloaded into her, she got first 6 years the first night but she ended up sleeping 12 hours as well, the other 12 years were probably spread out thinner.

Nioi was in the prime universe looking for Dr Sciuridae in the hopes of find a way to deal with General Shade Tail whom she said was corrupting Lord Tedd. She happened to be peeping on our Tedd when she realized that Grace was General Shade Tail's counterpart, then she just happened to notice Ellen who was in the same situation as her own duplicate Kaoli who was also created when Nioi was messing with her magic and then touched the diamond without know what it would do. So Nioi didn't originally intend on focusing on neither Grace nor Ellen, she just stumbled upon them.

Grace knows there was something significant about her dreams, else why has she been keeping a notepad by her bed to write down what she remembers about her dreams when she wakes up? Which kind of suggests she's been having those dreams for a long time.

The time that we see Grace's conversation with Disco Wizard, it was the third time he'd tried to give her his message about the marks and magic and stuff, Grace had her sense of deja vu after the first or second attempt, where she them looked up the probability of being able to remember dreams, she probably found suggestions  for remembering while searching and one was to immediately write down as much as you can remember as soon as you wake up. so by the time the third attempt happened, she was somewhat prepared.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

memories of another Ellen being implanted into her mind while she slept.

Actually, memories implanted by the nose-beep which were only reindexed while she slept. Nioi wasn't even in EGS universe when Ellen "dreamed" her second life.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Dreams are a creation of the subconscious. What Ellen was doing wasn't her subconscious creating a fantasy, it was an outside source literally transferring memories into her

There is theory that dreams are subconscious trying to make sense from fragments of memories being transfered to long term memory. Apparently, in Ellen's case it wasn't fragments.