• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Monday, July 25, 2016

October, last year?  Ah, Dan, it's your comic and all, but don't we have a couple of "main line" stories hanging fire, like Sarah and Sam's and/or Justin and Luke's date?  Just saying.

ObPerv:

Naked cloud Pandora is strangely hot.  She has to be naked, you can see her belly button.1  Which of course begs raises the question why would an immortal have a belly button, much less while in cloud form?

1What?  I've said I'm a pervert before, I see naked where I see naked.

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

October, last year?  Ah, Dan, it's your comic and all, but don't we have a couple of "main line" stories hanging fire, like Sarah and Sam's and/or Justin and Luke's date?  Just saying.

Naked cloud Pandora is strangely hot.  She has to be naked, you can see her belly button. Which of course begs raises the question why would an immortal have a belly button, much less while in cloud form?

I'm sure we'll get to the dates in the main comic once we get there. They're still something like six days away in comic time.

As for the other question, why wouldn't she have a belly button? I've seen no evidence that immortals reproduce any differently than humans do. A better question is,"Why does Grace have one?"

5 minutes ago, Wixelt said:

Wait, is this "previous year during the timeskip" or "previous year 'Holy carp this predates Goo'"?

I'm assuming this is during the time skip. If it was before Goo, it would have been 2 Octobers ago.

2 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

I'm assuming this is during the time skip. If it was before Goo, it would have been 2 Octobers ago.

True, true.

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Which of course begs raises the question why would an immortal have a belly button, much less while in cloud form? 

Ehr... She was born?

As far as I can remember there's been nothing said to suggest that immortals are some kind of eternal beings. So they were most probably born just like they are able to give birth, something Pandora has done at least once.

24 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

As for the other question, why wouldn't she have a belly button?

It was in the cloud form that had me scratching my theoretical head

16 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

As far as I can remember there's been nothing said to suggest that immortals are some kind of eternal beings. So they were most probably born just like they are able to give birth, something Pandora has done at least once.

Well, there is their name.  I, in general, would assume that something called immortals would be, well, you know immortal, as in not dying.  And if that's the case, even 1 birth per female per 100 years, well, math.  Lots of immortals.  Lots and Lots of immortals. Fibonacci Sequence gone crazy number of immortals.  If the fannon about why Helena and Demetrius is right, "death" by means other than willing your self to die/reset doesn't prevent you from returning.   That would point to an eternal being to me.  I could be wrong, and the fact that  they can hide in what ever  plane it is they hide in so well that other immortals can only see them if they want to be seen might in fact mean there are trillions of them hanging around.

Now isn't that a scary thought?  With numbers that large even .01% deciding not to reset at 200 years would result in millions of beings like Pandora.

Magic itself probably decides when an Immortal can mate with fertility.  It certainly could.

Which sort of begs the question of how Immortals got started...

I just found an on line Fibonacci number generator and made a couple of assumptions.

1. The earth, was in fact, created around 6000 BC
  2. There were only 2 immortals then
  3. They have a child every 100 years.
  4. They don't ever really die.

This gives us, as of 2016, 801 generations of non dying immortals.   That number of them, based on simple math is a number that is 168 digits long
11210238130165701975392213120400810703294324980243 98917379911096096424176870242714672419719090010009 28433174016012202680530522970872221529003044406006 693244742562963426

So yeah, either immortals aren't immortal, or they don't reproduce like humans

If we adjust to 1 birth per 1000 years we get 23,416,728,348,467,685.

I'm not even going to try this using the actual age of the earth.

Edited by mlooney
grammar check

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I just found an on line Fibonacci number generator and made a couple of assumptions.

1. The earth, was in fact, created around 6000 BC
  2. There were only 2 immortals then
  3. They have a child every 100 years.
  4. They don't ever really die.

This gives us, as of 2016, 801 generations of non dying immortals.   That number of them, based on simple math is a number that is 168 digits long
11210238130165701975392213120400810703294324980243 98917379911096096424176870242714672419719090010009 28433174016012202680530522970872221529003044406006 693244742562963426

If we adjust to 1 birth per 1000 years we get 23,416,728,348,467,685.

I'm not even going to try this using the actual age of the earth.

Best guess, if we continue to say Immortals first came to be 8000 years ago, They may have had a period of maybe 1000-2000 years of breeding among themselves. realized that their Immortality would cause overpopulation issues and decided to abstain. There may have been a period afterward where Immortals mated with Humans instead which lead elves. That might have gone on for a couple thousand years until there was an issue with Humans and Elves not getting along, more rules with them put into place which limited Elves and while they do have long lifespans, they are mortal so they would have eventually died down after another couple thousand years, there may have been a small population still in existence in Abraham's time, and probably just a handful of Elves in the present time including Adrian.

1 minute ago, Darkxemjas said:

Oh no.... IT'S NARAKU!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

........Oh, it's just Pandora pretending to be her own dream cloud. False alarm. Never mind.

Scary enough for me.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

I fear what negative impact she may cause on others through her shenanigans.

Starting with the snarls of monsters that I am hearing.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

I fear what negative impact she may cause on others through her shenanigans.

7 minutes ago, Stature said:

Starting with the snarls of monsters that I am hearing.

Frankly, I'm halfway between terrified/horrified and turned on right now...I guess that counts as negative impact?

In my defense, Pandora is very beautiful. Also crazy, and sometimes turns into jail-bait, other times turning into monsters.

But I've always been attracted to Femme-Fatale types so I've always found Pandora to be fun to date. I mean can you imagine dating someone who is adventurous, is fun-loving, is interesting, is intelligent, is considerate, and cares about family and innocent civilians? I mean she is quite crazy but so what? That's like 7 goods to 1 bad, so there!

I can't believe I took 30 minutes to come up with excuses on why I should have a right to think Pandora is hot, I might need help...

6 minutes ago, rhjason said:

I can't believe I took 30 minutes to come up with excuses on why I should have a right to think Pandora is hot, I might need help...

It took you that long?  First time I saw her not as a creepy child or an eldritch horror I thought she was pretty hot.   Of course I have a thing for elven girls.  Back in my stripper dating days I was accused, more than once of having an elf fetish.  I did not defend against this.  Fey, if about normal body size and look at least human teen age, tend to be hot.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Which of course begs raises the question why would an immortal have a belly button

For the same reason she has head and two eyes (although she MIGHT have four eyes in this form). Her default form was certainly based on humans.

7 hours ago, Howitzer said:

A better question is,"Why does Grace have one?"

Being born from egg doesn't mean there was no placenta. Also, her having belly button in HUMAN form isn't really relevant, as the form she was born in was half-squirrel.

1 hour ago, rhjason said:

But I've always been attracted to Femme-Fatale types so I've always found Pandora to be fun to date. I mean can you imagine dating someone who is adventurous, is fun-loving, is interesting, is intelligent, is considerate, and cares about family and innocent civilians? I mean she is quite crazy but so what? That's like 7 goods to 1 bad, so there!

Note that Blaike didn't seem to complain. Of course, she wasn't crazy back then.

9 hours ago, Howitzer said:

As for the other question, why wouldn't she have a belly button? I've seen no evidence that immortals reproduce any differently than humans do. A better question is,"Why does Grace have one?"

When I was young, we did a science fair project on hatching chickens from eggs.  Shortly before hatching, the chick will absorb the yolk into their stomach, giving them a nice meal to tide them over until they're ready to find food in the big wide world.  Perhaps Uryuom eggs also have a yolk, and the belly button is the site through which the yolk was absorbed shortly before the half-squirrel form emerged from it.

(See, this is why I wish my favorite TV shows would take me on as Unpaid Scientific Advisor...and if you get that reference, you know what one of them is!)

Edited by CritterKeeper

Tut, Tut.  It looks like rain.

Isn't it obvious what is happening?

Pandora is impersonating a rain cloud.
The only reason to impersonate a rain cloud is to fool the bees.
The only reason to fool the bees is to get the hunny.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The only reason to fool the bees is to get the hunny.

Christopher Robin?? Oh, bother. (which, I only realize, is actually more of a signature one-liner)

Then again, is Moperville (or the cloud) one hundred acres large? 

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Then again, is Moperville (or the cloud) one hundred acres large? 

Since there are 640 acres in a square mile I would guess that Moperville covers more than several hundred acres.

The forested area near the river where the Griffon hid may be a Hundred Acre Wood.

First: that is some awesome wake-up-yawning. Just stretching her human arms and squinting her human eyes wasn't enough; she had to form two giant hands and two giant mouths and two giant squinting eyes squeezing out giant sleepy-tears.

Okay, since the file is tagged "Marker-01" I think we can safely assume this is going to feature some magic marking not using a Magic Marker (which is a trademark of the BIC corporation.)

On den 25 juli 2016 at 10:02 PM, mlooney said:

You're probably right on both accounts. As for immortality there's lots of examples in myths where immortal means that you will not die by age or disease, and most ordinary wounds are little more than a nuisance. You might even be able to regrow that chopped off arm, but loose your head, heart or what ever vulnerability you've got and it's game over. Vampires has been called both undead and immortal depending on the author, and yet in all versions I've heard of they are very much possible to kill. Even gods are sometimes disposed of, usually by other gods but occasionally by uppity mortals who dare to take out some (usually) minor deity. So depending on what Dan wants, these immortals can be anything from impossible to just incredibly hard to kill, for a human at least.