• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Monday, July 25, 2016

44 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

From what Jerry said about the fallout from immortals fighting one another

... what Jerry said about the fallout? You mean the likely to destroy ourselves and take a bunch of innocent beings with us? That might talk about mortals. Although it suggest that the crazy immortal is able to destroy (and not just kill improperly) himself, so it IS possible immortals can destroy each other ...

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... what Jerry said about the fallout? You mean the likely to destroy ourselves and take a bunch of innocent beings with us? That might talk about mortals. Although it suggest that the crazy immortal is able to destroy (and not just kill improperly) himself, so it IS possible immortals can destroy each other ...

Voltaire also suggested that Tara might have been able to hurt or kill him if not for the fact they he could "depart to another layer of reality" aka, phase back to the Immortal realm. Edward also mentioned that Immortals are significantly weaker in the mortal realm and he or any of the DBG agents would be favored to win in a fight, ASSUMING the immortal played fairly. The question is, would killing an Immortal in this manner force an improper reset? Helena and Demetrius' condition points to "Yes". Seem a bit flawed though because as Helena and Demitrius demonstrate, fragments of their previous incarnation remain, so while they don't know why they've been following Elliot, they know that they have to. If an Immortal that went insane is eventually killed by either humans, intelligent beasts or other Immortals, there is a chance that some part of what the Immortal was doing will carry over and they may end up repeating what they previously did. 

I'm also wondering if Immortals can choose to end their life without resetting, or maybe if they get so insane that they destroy themselves totally and never reset. I dunno if there's a consistency to how old Immortals get before their insanity destroys them, it's probably been soo long since the last Immortal refused to reset, but maybe it's natural for them to die in that fashion and the choice to reset is what truly makes them Immortal

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Voltaire also suggested that Tara might have been able to hurt or kill him if not for the fact they he could "depart to another layer of reality" aka, phase back to the Immortal realm.

Nothing about destroying him.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Edward also mentioned that Immortals are significantly weaker in the mortal realm and he or any of the DBG agents would be favored to win in a fight, ASSUMING the immortal played fairly.

Again, nothing about destroying the immortal.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The question is, would killing an Immortal in this manner force an improper reset? Helena and Demetrius' condition points to "Yes".

Yes, sounds very likely.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If an Immortal that went insane is eventually killed by either humans, intelligent beasts or other Immortals, there is a chance that some part of what the Immortal was doing will carry over and they may end up repeating what they previously did. 

The chance may not be that big - even if he tried to repeat it, there are 200 years for someone to convince him it's not so good idea. Also, imagine Pandora remembering that she didn't reset due to child. Which she now barely recognize. Doesn't look like reason to go crazy again, does it?

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

maybe it's natural for them to die in that fashion and the choice to reset is what truly makes them Immortal

That's possible. Although the people around them might be against this "natural dead".

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I dunno if there's a consistency to how old Immortals get before their insanity destroys them

It's interesting that Pandora is MUCH older than the recommended 200 years. Seems that those 200 years contain BIG safety margin.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Voltaire also suggested that Tara might have been able to hurt or kill him if not for the fact they he could "depart to another layer of reality" aka, phase back to the Immortal realm.

Nothing about destroying him.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edward also mentioned that Immortals are significantly weaker in the mortal realm and he or any of the DBG agents would be favored to win in a fight, ASSUMING the immortal played fairly.

Again, nothing about destroying the immortal.

The destruction bit is for when an Immortal is left on their own to get powerful and insane enough to bring about their own destruction, what actually happens at that point is unknown except for the fact that it would be very bad if it were to happen in a populated area, it'd likely be related to what the Immortal was doing at the time. Pandora doesn't seem like she's on the path of self destruction yet, I think the fact that Adrian's still alive is keeping her somewhat focused even if somewhat twisted. Hmmm...while it is unlikely to happen, considering the fact that Adrian's being targeted by Sirleck. If by chance Adrian did get killed, well, we did see how she reacted when he was hurt by Abraham.

Anyway I was mainly talking about it being possible to hurt or kill (forcibly reset) and Immortal, when I made those examples.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's interesting that Pandora is MUCH older than the recommended 200 years. Seems that those 200 years contain BIG safety margin.

Jerry was 208 when he reset, so there is some give to the rule, dunno how much give before someone goes "you really need to reset now" though. But yeah they probably at some point decided that once you get past 200 the rate of increasing power and instability starts to ramp up. Maybe Edward has a chart for this? ;)

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Christopher Robin Hood -- Robs from the rich to give to the Pooh

Great.  Now I am heading to bed trying to fit the residents of the Hundred Acre Wood into Sherwood Forrest.

For some reason, I just see Rabbit as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Pooh is Little John.

Eeyore as Friar Tuck.

Tigger as Prince John.

Piglet or Roo as Maid Marion.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:31 PM, mlooney said:

Well, there is their name.  I, in general, would assume that something called immortals would be, well, you know immortal, as in not dying. 

I don't know why.  How many of them do you think volunteered for extensive tests to see if something will successfully kill them?  And they've had the name a long time, so even that wouldn't be all that conclusive.  Things change.  "No weapon forged can stop me!  What's that do?"

2 hours ago, malloyd said:

I don't know why.  How many of them do you think volunteered for extensive tests to see if something will successfully kill them?  And they've had the name a long time, so even that wouldn't be all that conclusive.  Things change.  "No weapon forged can stop me!  What's that do?"

Don't mind me, running on literal English and role playing game logic at the same time.  Not a good combo some times.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Anyway I was mainly talking about it being possible to hurt or kill (forcibly reset) and Immortal, when I made those examples.

No disagreement then, it's definitely possible to hurt or force-reset immortal.

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe Edward has a chart for this? ;)

The properly phrased question is "How many charts for this does Edward have?"

While likely, we doesn't have confirmed that Edward knows about immortals reseting.

7 hours ago, malloyd said:

How many of them do you think volunteered for extensive tests to see if something will successfully kill them? 

Yup, not everyone is as crazy as Claire Bennet.

7 hours ago, malloyd said:

"No weapon forged can stop me!  What's that do?"

So far, none of our weapons is more likely to kill something than core of Sun. So, if immortals tested that Sun can't kill them ...

... of course, that's PHYSICAL weapons. With them being able to retreat to astral plane, magic weapons are more likely to work.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It has been a while since we have seen Pirate Grace in the Canon Cannon sketch.

When can we see Pirate Grace in another context?

Maybe suggest it in the next round of pinup surveys? ;)

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It has been a while since we have seen Pirate Grace in the Canon Cannon sketch.

When can we see Pirate Grace in another context?

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe suggest it in the next round of pinup surveys? ;)

I fully support this idea.

Along with young Pandora and Blaike during the 16 years they were adventurers together.  Ideally before Adrian enters the picture.

On July 27, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Great.  Now I am heading to bed trying to fit the residents of the Hundred Acre Wood into Sherwood Forrest.

Could be worse....

On July 27, 2016 at 9:08 AM, mlooney said:

/Me finds list.

/Me adds name with under line and stars

Oooh, look, I got a gold star!  mlooney really wants to encourage our puns!  :-)

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Could be worse....

Oooh, look, I got a gold star!  mlooney really wants to encourage our puns!  :-)

Who said any thing about gold?  More like a small blood red pentagram. Circled in runes comes next.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Could be worse....

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Who said any thing about gold?  More like a small blood red pentagram. Circled in runes comes next.

Heh.  After that first link, I'm picturing it circled in cute Elder signs.....

13 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Could be worse....

19 hours ago, mlooney said:

Heh.  After that first link, I'm picturing it circled in cute Elder signs.....

That's the 2nd ring.

On 26/07/2016 at 7:45 PM, Tom Sewell said:

First: that is some awesome wake-up-yawning. Just stretching her human arms and squinting her human eyes wasn't enough; she had to form two giant hands and two giant mouths and two giant squinting eyes squeezing out giant sleepy-tears.

Okay, since the file is tagged "Marker-01" I think we can safely assume this is going to feature some magic marking not using a Magic Marker (which is a trademark of the BIC corporation.)

Relevant: https://nethackwiki.com/wiki/Magic_marker