• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Wednesday, July 27, 2016

6 hours ago, Drasvin said:

...maybe 168 hours has some mystical significance in EGS...more likely it's just an impressive way to say a week though...

I'm sure someone would say something legalistic in Dan's direction if he started talking about 525,600 minutes.

6 hours ago, Drasvin said:

...maybe 168 hours has some mystical significance in EGS...more likely it's just an impressive way to say a week though...

Maybe Dan play Traveller and thinks of things in terms of Jump time.

In my games, all space faring races have a unit of time that works out to 168 hours.  Normally called what ever the local term for "jump" is.  Other than the Terran Commonwealth.  They say "a week".

7 hours ago, Drasvin said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Interesting that Pandora slept for roughly the same length that Greg spent watching Anime after getting dumped by his previous girlfriend.

Wouldn't explain Greg, but personally I find more normal to say H hours, M minutes than A weeks, B days, C hours, M minutes ... although, I would probably prefer D days, H hours, M minutes to both alternatives in this case (so 7 days, 32 minutes, 23 seconds).

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wouldn't explain Greg, but personally I find more normal to say H hours, M minutes than A weeks, B days, C hours, M minutes ... although, I would probably prefer D days, H hours, M minutes to both alternatives in this case (so 7 days, 32 minutes, 23 seconds).

In Greg's case, if Justin had said that Greg watched anime for a week, one would assume that there might have been breaks for sleep, food, etc. But to say that Greg watched anime for 168 straight hours, then that's saying no breaks for anything.

Though oddly enough, if one were to say "I slept for a week", someone would just assume that it was an entire week spent sleeping.

On 29/07/2016 at 3:29 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Unfortunately, that color-change option doesn't appear to be there in the edit window, which means having to remember to change the color of your text every time you post, just in case you need to edit it later.

Odd.  Button shows up for me when editing:

owg4om.png

(disclaimer that my GM script is running so that's not why the text is showing up)

(I have updated my page on the matter in response to this new information)

3 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Anyone wanna bet what Catalina likes to dress up as for Halloween?

Hmm, maybe this is when she gets her Mark?

I can see Catalina saving up and splurging on one of those biofeedback cat-ear rigs that move the ears in response to the wearer's moods...or maybe being given a pair by her girlfriend!

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
21 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Odd.  Button shows up for me when editing:

I am on my iPad, that may have something to do with it.

As far as I've seen, the text color button doesn't show up on mobile versions of the editor