• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday July 29, 2016

So we get another indication that as crazy as she is, Pandora is still making efforts to stay within Immortal law. Which does mesh with her number-one commitment: Protecting her family. Obviously she's taught Adrian a lot about Immortal law.

Fitting in with the more-or-less official EGS timeline, Halloween would fall on a Thursday. If this is "the week before Halloween", it could anywhere in the week preceding the week Halloween falls in. I'd guess it's no earlier than the Friday before, at the beginning of the weekend when the most serious Halloween shoppers will be out and about, blabbing about their plans, giving Pandora good opportunities to eavesdrop.

Okay, here's what possibilities I see coming after this latest three panels:

• If Pandora does go trick-or-treating, maybe she'll meet up with Akiko, who's well within the age-range for trick-or-treating.
  • Any Halloween shop Pandora visits may resemble an OfficeMax in Naperville IL because that "Offic" looks like it's using the same font their logo uses.
  • Besides real vampires mixing in with all the fake ones, Halloween sounds like an ideal time for the "Haunted Locker Room" prank that led to Nanase and Ellen getting invited to Rhea's New Year's Eve party.
  • I wonder if Grace went trick-or-treating. After all, she can morph, and it's another experience she missed out on.
  • On a related note, Halloween would be a pretty good time for Hedge, Guineas, and Vladia to visit Grace; they wouldn't stand out so much.
  • I'm sure all of us would like to find out how and maybe why Pandora marked Luke and whoever Luke was talking to on his phone.

5 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Pandora trick-or-treating... isn't she a little old for that?

And that's relevant to Pandora how? She's too old to not reset, and she ignored that.

According to the commentary, Pandora could get in trouble if she were to TP a house.  But she could show a group of trouble making kids the house of someone who deserved to get pranked (guide), and then provide those kids with eggs and toilet paper while coaching them in the best way to aim and throw those missiles (empower).

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Besides real vampires mixing in with all the fake ones, Halloween sounds like an ideal time for the "Haunted Locker Room" prank that led to Nanase and Ellen getting invited to Rhea's New Year's Eve party.

Great way to tie up loose plot threads I forgot were dangling.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

According to the commentary, Pandora could get in trouble if she were to TP a house. 

Hm. Apparently Immortals have different rules than the Egyptian Gods did. I understand mummification was invented after Osiris TPed the then reigning Pharaoh as a prank.

On 07/28/2016 at 1:46 AM, hkmaly said:
On 07/28/2016 at 6:44 PM, Tom Sewell said:

Pandora can make way better costumes than anything store-bought, doesn't have a house to decorate, and we've never seen here eating or drinking.

So what? It's not that SHE will be buying something. She will be looking at others buying stuff. Probably trying to predict what will they buy and hope they will surprise her or something like that.

Or it's because it will be good opportunity to mark someone.

Called it. It IS good opportunity to mark someone.

Although I didn't predicted the "far less subtle spells" angle - I though that other time of year would be harder to mark them with ANYTHING. But seems Pandora is choosing what to mark people with.

11 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Pandora trick-or-treating... isn't she a little old for that?

You are never too old for trick-or-treating.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Besides real vampires mixing in with all the fake ones, Halloween sounds like an ideal time for the "Haunted Locker Room" prank that led to Nanase and Ellen getting invited to Rhea's New Year's Eve party.

They solved that - there was nothing supernatural on it.

I wonder if Grace went trick-or-treating. After all, she can morph, and it's another experience she missed out on.

She went - we got it as strip ... wait ... this one I meant. Sure, it's sketchbook, but it still may be canon :)

'm sure all of us would like to find out how and maybe why Pandora marked Luke and whoever Luke was talking to on his phone.

We know why. It was fun and it helped her in her quest to reveal magic.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

According to the commentary, Pandora could get in trouble if she were to TP a house.  But she could show a group of trouble making kids the house of someone who deserved to get pranked (guide), and then provide those kids with eggs and toilet paper while coaching them in the best way to aim and throw those missiles (empower).

She could provide them even with Molotov cocktails and it would still be within the rules. Not nice thing to do, of course, but within the rules.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Hm. Apparently Immortals have different rules than the Egyptian Gods did. I understand mummification was invented after Osiris TPed the then reigning Pharaoh as a prank.

Presumably, that was also a distant inspiration for the pyramids?

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:
16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

They solved that - there was nothing supernatural on it.

I'm under the impression that the haunted locker room case happened after Halloween. I don't see the invitation to a New Years party being given 2 months in advance.

1 hour ago, RainbowWizard said:

Dang, adult body Pandora's got legs for days!

When she's not being a child or an eldritch horror, there is no question that Pandora is the hottest of the non teenager characters.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

When she's not being a child or an eldritch horror, there is no question that Pandora is the hottest of the non teenager characters.

That's really rude, you know. I have it on good authority that nine out of ten elder gods consider her one of the hottest eldritch horrors around. :demonicduck:

3 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

Dang, adult body Pandora's got legs for days!

She can alter her appearance however she want. Why SHOULDN'T she have hot legs? Or any other parts of body.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

That's really rude, you know. I have it on good authority that nine out of ten elder gods consider her one of the hottest eldritch horrors around. :demonicduck:

Good time to get this back in the forums:

hotpandora.png

I thought I lost this when the server crashed because it was in the 910cmx gallery, turned out it was just saved in a different folder on my PC. :)

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She can alter her appearance however she want. Why SHOULDN'T she have hot legs? Or any other parts of body.

Yes, she can alter her. Which none of the other immortals we've seen doing. Can they? All the other shapechangers are either Our Heros or the vampire Susan killed. That could support that the shapechangers are actually more powerful than the Immortals, except for Pandora, at least on the material plane of the Moperverse.

But getting back on subject, since Pandora can look like anything, I really appreciate her choice of legs and other parts and would like to see...

Just thinkin' about baseball.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Which none of the other immortals we've seen doing. Can they?

The French immortals did changed during the time they observed Elliot, it's just hard to be sure it was shapechanging or change of style :)

Nevertheless, just because we didn't saw them do it doesn't mean they can't.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

That could support that the shapechangers are actually more powerful than the Immortals

... I don't think so, even if the shapechangers would be unlimited - and they are NOT. Even Grace can only combine forms she get from TF gun. Only one who can apparently change shape freely is Elliot.

Also, note that Adrian Raven can transform - he uses this ability to hide his age. Of course we don't know if it's normal ability of elves or spell, or how limited his shapeshifting is.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:15 PM, RainbowWizard said:

Huh. Interesting bit of commentary below this. paraphrased: 'All they can do is empower and guide... But that's incorrect, to some extent'

THIS SEEMS IMPORTANT EEP

Unprovoked attacks against Mortals are definitely forbidden, and it's probably forbidden to directly kill a Mortal outside of specific circumstances (though as has been said, "you'd be surprised what you can live through"). It's very likely also that taking direct control of a Mortal's body or thoughts is forbidden, though making the Mortal more suggestible seems to be a loophole (e.g. with Dex). As a general principle, perhaps it is that an Immortal may not directly force or compel a Mortal to act in a certain way, but nearly anything goes in terms of influencing Mortals to do things as long as the Mortal can reasonably be considered to have chosen the action. Pandora could give you a gun, and could say all sorts of things to persuade you to use it, but the actual trigger-pull is your own action.

12 hours ago, ijuin said:

Pandora could give you a gun, and could say all sorts of things to persuade you to use it, but the actual trigger-pull is your own action.

That's pretty much what she did with Sarah, gave her a mark and access to a spell, warned of possible dangers of having it, and then said go nuts.