• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Pinup: August 1, 2016 (Sarah and Susan: EGSCon #2)

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for where the Con is located?

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=121

San Diego would seem like a good guess.
All we know for certain is that Sarah claimed the line for the Con was long enough that you could see Mexico while standing in the queue.
Unless she was exaggerating.  In that case the farther north the con, the better the joke.

San Diego I think is the big comic con which would likely draw the number of people that would create a line to Mexico, but there is a Chicago Comic Con that would be the more likely con that Sarah and Susan would go to, and it would fit the criteria for the joke.

Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis had similar super-long lines to get in.  Haven't been to Chicago ComicCon yet, despite proximity, but I do know it's a pretty huge event.  I guess the biggest question would be whether they drove there, or flew.  Despite being 18 now, when the first Con storyline was written I think they were both still minors.  I have trouble believing they were there without parents if it was across the country, whereas I could easily see them driving to another suburb for a Chicago-area con.

43 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Despite being 18 now, when the first Con storyline was written I think they were both still minors.

Not certain. Tedd was older outside continuity. But if this were their first con, or first big con, it would make more sense if it would be somewhere near. (It seems it was first con at least for Susan.)

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Unless she was exaggerating.  In that case the farther north the con, the better the joke.

... meanwhile, Susan seems too distracted to point out if it was exaggerating.

5 hours ago, lonjil said:

When did this take place? Tedd can make permanent transformation wands since the card tournament.

Him being theoretically able to make them doesn't mean he did and used them just so they don't need to worry about detransforming when visiting con ...

Susan has had a car ever since before "Night Out" (if not longer), so them driving to Chicago Comic Con (only a couple hours away) is far more reasonable than flying across the country for San Diego Comic Con.

The length of the registration line is a function not only of the number of people showing up, but also the efficiency of processing them and the number that can be processed simultaneously.

If you want long lines at a small con, have registration infrastructure that is assembled for the very first time an hour after registration is supposed to open, staff it with people who've never worked registration before, and only allow two people to be processed simultaneously. (Yes, I've seen it.)

On 08/06/2016 at 3:53 AM, SeriousJupiter said:

Susan's blushing. That alone makes her more attractive to me than Sarah. I'm glad Sarah seems to be enjoying herself, but let's just say that I'm also glad this isn't canon.

Technically, it's as canon as the first con storyline.

On 8/5/2016 at 7:04 PM, hkmaly said:

Not negligible. NONE. Unlike normal wands, the watches have NO "battery" to hold magic. But, as I said, Tedd is now aware of the problem and can make few experiments outside Moperville to learn how to make "normal" wands.

The TF Gun apparently has power cells capable of converting electrical energy into transformation-powering magical energy (though it is probably Uryuom-type magic instead of Human-type magic). If Tedd works on it, he may be able to create a power cell that works for Human-type magical energy. According to the Whale, a device that could store energy for transformations would be bulkier than the watches, but they could still be made into a portable device.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:
On 08/05/2016 at 4:04 AM, hkmaly said:

Not negligible. NONE. Unlike normal wands, the watches have NO "battery" to hold magic. But, as I said, Tedd is now aware of the problem and can make few experiments outside Moperville to learn how to make "normal" wands.

The TF Gun apparently has power cells capable of converting electrical energy into transformation-powering magical energy (though it is probably Uryuom-type magic instead of Human-type magic). If Tedd works on it, he may be able to create a power cell that works for Human-type magical energy. According to the Whale, a device that could store energy for transformations would be bulkier than the watches, but they could still be made into a portable device.

Hmmmm ... sounds like good idea to try. I suspect normal wands are recharged by storing magic in them, just like Tedd is recharging his gauntlet. But if Tedd can adapt the method TF Gun uses for recharging to earth-type magic ...

However, for this purpose, he can just use the same method he used in the gauntlet, which IS also portable.