• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Pinup: August 1, 2016 (Sarah and Susan: EGSCon #2)

Now that I think about it, Sarah suggested getting Ellen to zap them before going to the next con, but this doesn't look like Ellen's work, Sarah seems taller than the standard V5 and Susan's hair looks normal length for Susan (the fact that she's not blonde would be misleading considering her awakening made her dark blue colour permanent). I'd say Susan's form is a tweaked version of one of the watch forms she got during "Playing with Dolls"

I find Susan so much more appealing in this sketch than any double-FV5 could be.  Combine that with the fact that this outfit is relatively skimpier than Sarah's when compared to their respective usuals, and how she's blushing but still going for it.  I do like Sarah's getting to live out her fantasies of being taller and having bigger boobs, and her happy expression reflects that.

On 8/2/2016 at 3:19 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan obviously needs to spend more time in the sun because she is starting to burn while Sarah isn't even tanning.

Susan looks both pleased and embarrassed all at once.  If she's worried about burning, she should put on sunscreen.  :)

Sarah was the surprise  She's turning into quite the Tedd...

We know Susan didn't like being tall and lanky looking, so this probably feels more comfortable to her. Sarah was jealous of both Nanase and her own sister for having bigger boobs, so her form makes her feel more confident.

On 08/02/2016 at 3:28 AM, Scotty said:

Hmm is Susan blushing because she knows she's got some explaining to do the next time she goes into work?

I think she's blushing all the time, but it IS possible she noticed Tensaided ...

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Best of the set, but that's not saying a lot.

I think it would get good score even globally.

On 08/02/2016 at 4:28 PM, Scotty said:

I'd say Susan's form is a tweaked version of one of the watch forms she got during "Playing with Dolls"

... interesting they don't have watches ... so probably TF Gun.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... interesting they don't have watches ... so probably TF Gun.

They shouldn't need any TF stuff with them.  Sarah and Susan would only need watches or a TF Gun if their enchantments needed to be renewed before comicon was over.  Neither should be needed just to maintain the effects.

12 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

They shouldn't need any TF stuff with them.  Sarah and Susan would only need watches or a TF Gun if their enchantments needed to be renewed before comicon was over.  Neither should be needed just to maintain the effects.

And we know that the effect will last up to 15 hours if you want it to.  The time out effect is based on you not thinking about when it's going to go "un-boing"

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

And we know that the effect will last up to 15 hours if you want it to.  The time out effect is based on you not thinking about when it's going to go "un-boing"

TF Gun enchantments have had quoted durations of up to 30 days.  No reason to assume the watches are different even though they run on earth-magic, not uryouom magic. 

Tedd's "Grace" enchantment ran 15 hours but there's nothing to say that's the max his watches could do.

When an enchantment's preset time runs out, it probably means that its initial charge of energy has been depleted, at which point it then has to switch over to being powered by the transformee's own energy supply, which the transformee can (usually) sustain or cut off as they wish once they are aware of the possibility of doing so.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Note that when Tedd said he'd been in Grace form for 15 hours, he didn't just immediately turn back to normal, he had to use the watch to change back, so Tedd could have gone even longer if he wanted to. Not saying there isn't an absolute limit to the duration of an enchantment, just doesn't seem like 15 hours is it, Tedd did also say that transformed clothing transform back after a day when not benefiting from a person's resistance, so considering clothing doesn't actively resist enchantments giving a 24 hour duration, I would expect that a person not actively resisting an enchantment should also make it last 24 hours. The TFG having a 30 duration is likely because it uses a form of Uryuom Power which is different than Magic so it would likely have it's own rules of resistance.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, mlooney said:

Note that when Tedd said he'd been in Grace form for 15 hours, he didn't just immediately turn back to normal, he had to use the watch to change back, so Tedd could have gone even longer if he wanted to. Not saying there isn't an absolute limit to the duration of an enchantment, just doesn't seem like 15 hours is it, Tedd did also say that transformed clothing transform back after a day when not benefiting from a person's resistance, so considering clothing doesn't actively resist enchantments giving a 24 hour duration, I would expect that a person not actively resisting an enchantment should also make it last 24 hours. The TFG having a 30 duration is likely because it uses a form of Uryuom Power which is different than Magic so it would likely have it's own rules of resistance.

The important part of that research was that the enchantment which was designed to last 30 minutes took 15 hours. That doesn't mean he can't build watches which can make enchantment last hour or two. In fact, the dynamic height change watches were for one hour.

On the other hand, the TF gun have actual power source. The watches run on ambient magic. It's likely they can't do as strong enchantment as the TF gun.

On 08/04/2016 at 2:48 AM, Vorlonagent said:

Sarah and Susan would only need watches or a TF Gun if their enchantments needed to be renewed before comicon was over.  Neither should be needed just to maintain the effects.

Oh. Right.

Actually, they MIGHT have the watches somewhere for the renewing (on bottom of those bags, likely), but they don't need to wear them so we wouldn't see them.

EDIT: On second though, WHERE is that con? Watches wouldn't work outside Moperville, so using TF gun with long time would make more sense.

Odd thought.

If Susan and Sarah changed in Moperville before going to the con, then left the high magic area, I could see two possibilities.

The first thing I would expect is for them to change as soon as the ambient magic level dropped because they couldn't maintain the transformations.

The other possibility is that since there is nothing inherently impossible about those forms, they would remain in those forms until they reentered to an area with high ambient magic to power the return transformation.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, they MIGHT have the watches somewhere for the renewing (on bottom of those bags, likely), but they don't need to wear them so we wouldn't see them.

EDIT: On second though, WHERE is that con? Watches wouldn't work outside Moperville, so using TF gun with long time would make more sense.

This should be the San Diego Comicon, well away from the magic energy buildup in Moperville. 

Sarah probably could not make one of Tedd's watches work in San Diego, but Susan is a full-blown mage. Susan ought to be able to use a watch away from Moperville.  Further, Tedd *ought* to be able to build a watch that allows the user to cast a FV5 transformation not just on wearer (Susan) but someone else (Sarah) too.  Susan should be able to get away with a watch at the bottom of her purse "in case of emergencies".  (Tedd would all but insist on it)  But the girls probably wouldn't need to try to get a TF Gun through airport security.

Also note an enchantment's duration extends or shortens based on how much the target likes or resists the enchantment.  It's how Tedd extended his "Grace" enchantment to 15 hours and partly how the giant boar (Death Sentence) stayed enlarged.  It's safe to say Sarah rather likes her enchantment...  :)

Sarah might also be amused at the idea that she could extend/power the enchantment by eating food like the boar did and allow herself some indulgences she otherwise wouldn't.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The first thing I would expect is for them to change as soon as the ambient magic level dropped because they couldn't maintain the transformations.

The other possibility is that since there is nothing inherently impossible about those forms, they would remain in those forms until they reentered to an area with high ambient magic to power the return transformation.

Impossible or not, the enchantment is temporary by design. They would transform back the moment the magic in spell would get low enough it get JUST enough magic for changing back. If the change back actually requires any magic.

11 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Sarah probably could not make one of Tedd's watches work in San Diego, but Susan is a full-blown mage. Susan ought to be able to use a watch away from Moperville.  Further, Tedd *ought* to be able to build a watch that allows the user to cast a FV5 transformation not just on wearer (Susan) but someone else (Sarah) too.  Susan should be able to get away with a watch at the bottom of her purse "in case of emergencies".  (Tedd would all but insist on it)

True. It's possible the watches aren't designed to be used like this, AND Susan, while mage, might need some training in using watches that way. But both are certainly something Tedd and Susan can solve with few experiments outside Moperville.

But the girls probably wouldn't need to try to get a TF Gun through airport security.

... that sounds like bad idea, yes. On the other hand, the TF gun might not NEED to look as gun ...

Also note an enchantment's duration extends or shortens based on how much the target likes or resists the enchantment.  It's how Tedd extended his "Grace" enchantment to 15 hours and partly how the giant boar (Death Sentence) stayed enlarged.  It's safe to say Sarah rather likes her enchantment... 

But Susan might subconsciously resist. Also, don't con last several days?

Sarah might also be amused at the idea that she could extend/power the enchantment by eating food like the boar did and allow herself some indulgences she otherwise wouldn't.

... I don't think that would be THAT much effective. The boar might transform back sooner if not in Moperville ...

(Doesn't mean Sarah wouldn't try it.)

TFG transformations canonically can run to 30 days (and there's nothing in canon that explicitly says the limit can't be longer).

That's plenty of time to go from Chicago to Sandy Eggo and back for SDComicon.

However, it's likely that there's a fairly large comicon somewhere in/near Chicago. Possibly two (or more) of them.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Impossible or not, the enchantment is temporary by design. They would transform back the moment the magic in spell would get low enough it get JUST enough magic for changing back. If the change back actually requires any magic.

I would expect changing back is free and/or covered by whatever energy is left over once available energy drops below the ability to sustain the enchantment.

True. It's possible the watches aren't designed to be used like this, AND Susan, while mage, might need some training in using watches that way. But both are certainly something Tedd and Susan can solve with few experiments outside Moperville.

There's every reason to expect the watches will work perfectly anywhere...if they are provided the energy to do so.  IIRC, Tedd's watches are identical to wands.  It's just their small size means they hold a negligible amount of magical energy to help with the casting of its spell.  The difficulties in operating them outside the Moperville Buildup are as far as I remember entirely energy-related. 

But Susan might subconsciously resist. Also, don't con last several days

Susan might resist to a degree.  It goes against her feminist principles and probably embarrasses the carp out of her.  Though in fairness she was rather taken with her FV5 form when she had Ellen zap her privately.  Her expression seems to say to me that she more likes her enchantment than not.

9 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

IIRC, Tedd's watches are identical to wands.  It's just their small size means they hold a negligible amount of magical energy to help with the casting of its spell.  The difficulties in operating them outside the Moperville Buildup are as far as I remember entirely energy-related. 

Not negligible. NONE. Unlike normal wands, the watches have NO "battery" to hold magic. But, as I said, Tedd is now aware of the problem and can make few experiments outside Moperville to learn how to make "normal" wands.

Though in fairness she was rather taken with her FV5 form when she had Ellen zap her privately.

The FV5 is affecting mind. Not as strongly as Elliot's alternate identities, but I think it wasn't just her look which made her lost in mirror ...

12 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Her expression seems to say to me that she more likes her enchantment than not.

Her expressions says she has mixed feelings about the enchantment. Which may not be best for extending the duration ...

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Not negligible. NONE. Unlike normal wands, the watches have NO "battery" to hold magic. But, as I said, Tedd is now aware of the problem and can make few experiments outside Moperville to learn how to make "normal" wands.

...The upshot being that the energy requirement is the only issue using them outside Moperville.  Susan ought to have that covered.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The FV5 is affecting mind. Not as strongly as Elliot's alternate identities, but I think it wasn't just her look which made her lost in mirror ...

I acknowledge your point's validity and can only say it didn't seem to me that Susan was in a TF-Gun-altered mind state when I last read the comic.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Her expressions says she has mixed feelings about the enchantment. Which may not be best for extending the duration ...

DEFINITELY mixed feelings.  Totally agreed there.  But the slight smile on Susan's face suggests to me that the conflict in her mind is breaking somewhat for the enchantment.

I'd tend to assume Susan's conflicted mindset would neutralize out both resistance and reinforcement to her enchantment.  It should last about its expected length.  The SD Comicon lasts 4-5 days.  A watch enchantment in Moperville ought to be good for that long, all other things being equal. 

(and a watch in Susan's purse if all other things aren't equal.  I spin several "Susan reverts early" scenarios...)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

The important part of that research was that the enchantment which was designed to last 30 minutes took 15 hours. That doesn't mean he can't build watches which can make enchantment last hour or two. In fact, the dynamic height change watches were for one hour.

On the other hand, the TF gun have actual power source. The watches run on ambient magic. It's likely they can't do as strong enchantment as the TF gun.

Tedd was probably basing "the enchantment should last x long" prior to knowing about resistance, but there was the side effect that if you told the person your enchanting that the enchantment would last 30 minutes, then the person would be more likely to be like "Ok 30 minutes is up!" and disenchant themself without realizing all they had to do was resist it.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Odd thought.

If Susan and Sarah changed in Moperville before going to the con, then left the high magic area, I could see two possibilities.

Well I would imagine that once they left Moperville, Sarah would be the first to revert to normal because she doesn't have enough of her own energy pool to maintain it, Susan has used magic for a couple years now so would have a bigger reserve but I don't think it'd last more than a few hours.

As for where the Con is located?

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=121

San Diego would seem like a good guess.
All we know for certain is that Sarah claimed the line for the Con was long enough that you could see Mexico while standing in the queue.
Unless she was exaggerating.  In that case the farther north the con, the better the joke.