• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Rereading the "Family Tree" (New Year's/Not-Tengu) arc, I just realized something that's either a completely new theory or perfectly obvious to everyone here. Either way, I tried to see if anyone else had commented on it, and found nothing, so here goes.

Sarah:

Agent Cranium:

So, what do y'all think? Probably right? Probably wrong? Completely obvious and discussed a hundred times already somewhere I didn't think to look?

36 minutes ago, Phi161803 said:

So, what do y'all think? Probably right? Probably wrong? Completely obvious and discussed a hundred times already somewhere I didn't think to look?

It has come up before a few times.  It is entirely possible.

On 10/06/2016 at 0:09 AM, hkmaly said:

When we though that immortals can't lie, there was discussion about how deliberately vague Pandora was. Note that it's quite likely the person strong-armed into government work Pandora speaks about is agent Cranium. She didn't looked THAT miserable to me.

On 12/03/2016 at 0:37 AM, SeriousJupiter said:

As for Cranium, we know she has at least one psychic ability (being able to see places without actually being there herself), so perhaps she is powerful in a different way from Edward and Wolf. Telekinesis, illusions, hypnosis, mind-reading, heck, maybe even Sarah's spell are all things I'd expect a magic user named Cranium to be able to use.

Those are only the post-Crash Forum sources… there was more extensive discussion pre-Crash.

Pre-crash Twitter sources remain intact, but I shan't quote them all: https://twitter.com/search?q=%40dantheshive+Cranium+Sarah&src=typd

So if Sarah is discovered by the Powers-That-Be, what will happen?

Men in Black break in to her house at midnight, she disappears, and everyone is "encouraged" to forget about her?

Sarah receives a generous scholarship offer to a small college no one knows anything about while all the other schools to which she applied send rejection letters?

Edward Verres approaches her about a Summer Internship at his office before she goes to the school of her choice in the fall?

7 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Probably one of the latter two--Mr. Arthur Arthur is going to send her a recruitment offer that she can't refuse.

A simple "ROTC" like full ride scholarship at the university of her choice, with a 6 year locked in job afterwards would be the logical thing to offer to a high school senior.

If that fails, well, that's when the black bags over the head and the water boarding starts.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sarah receives a generous scholarship offer to a small college no one knows anything about while all the other schools to which she applied send rejection letters?

Has to be IOU (Illuminati University--you're not cleared to know what the "O" stands for.) I think maybe Noah has already met the Dean of Metaphysics.(I would like to put in a link to the page where Noah is caught reading How to Sell Your Soul for Power, undoubtedly one of the best-sellers at the IOU campus bookstore. But I just can't seem to find it among the 2200 or so pages I've saved.)

Despite what Pandora said about what could happen if Sarah told Edward about the mark and spell, I'd think Edward would still do his best to protect her, he's apparently got enough pull in the FBI that they couldn't fire him after the incident with Abraham, so he should be able to go to the head guys and go "She's off limits unless she herself chooses to work here." Then Edward would likely warn Sarah that he wouldn't be able to do anything should she use her powers for bad stuff or decide to work for another group.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Despite what Pandora said about what could happen if Sarah told Edward about the mark and spell, I'd think Edward would still do his best to protect her.

I'm inclined to think Pandora is exaggerating a bit too.  This is basically a clairvoyance spell with some limitations.  Given that it isn't unique, is fairly useful even with its limitations, and wizards can learn spells from watching them cast, there are presumably quite a few people with it, unless there is a better version with fewer limits.  Edward may be able to cast it himself.  Since wizards apparently can keep secrets from each other anyway, there are presumably also defenses.  It's a security risk in a way, but hardly the only, or the worst, one magic opens up.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Ed Verres' form of protection might feel a lot like confinement to Sarah...

Edward: "Sarah, because of your spell, you're going to have to live at our house until we figure out what to do."

Sarah: "That's fine, people keep thinking Grace, Tedd and I should be together anyway."