• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Aura Guardian

Story Friday August 5, 2016

4 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Perhaps the Emissary is Edward's subconscious mind. Edward must be gaining some inkling of what Tedd really is by now. When he wakes up from his and Grace's shared dreams, he forgets that he is the Emissary. From a meta perspective, the idea is efficient in terms of character development and plot, and Edward is Gandalf-Merlin, which fits the Emissary's outfit.

Doubtful.

Pandora mentions it would be easy to find the Emissary's physical form now. Presumably she already knows Edward's aura or whatever, so if he were the Emissary she'd have been able to recognize him.

How would Edward be gaining an idea of what Tedd is? I don't think he even knows of that "rare type of Wizard," or it would have been considered as a possibility when Tedd showed no potential.

Tedd has been producing wonders of magical technology. Edward doesn't know from lore that Tedd is a rare type of wizard; he is in the process of discovering that a rare type of wizard exists, and Tedd is one of them.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Tengu modified his own body.

Not_Tengu was not a vampire, he was just some jerk that learned he could enchant people to be his slaves and could also shapeshift. He never mentioned anything about needing to feed.

Not only that, it was directly said in Q&A that he wasn't aberration.

12 hours ago, Arcanimus said:
15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Here now! With that sort of attitude, you could just walk into Danish Parliament and start killing from one end of the assembly to the other, and...

...I'm sorry, I thought I had a point but I forget where I was going with it.

The same thing could be said with most politicians' offices.

Also, in most cases would people applaud.

9 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Perhaps the Emissary is Edward's subconscious mind. Edward must be gaining some inkling of what Tedd really is by now. When he wakes up from his and Grace's shared dreams, he forgets that he is the Emissary. From a meta perspective, the idea is efficient in terms of character development and plot, and Edward is Gandalf-Merlin, which fits the Emissary's outfit.

I third the objection. Edward doesn't seem to have enough informations AND Pandora would likely notice.

Bringing this here because it's relevant:

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
On 8/6/2016 at 9:01 PM, Vorlonagent said:

I think Magic could depower the world's supply of Immortals if It so desired.

I don't think so. Magic is likely bound by some rules - either it's own rules, or rules based on some agreement with Immortals or something, but in any case can't act freely, just like immortals can't act freely and even half-immortals are limited.

Maybe not completely depower, but based on Pandora's recall of the event, Immortals apparently felt the change, how it actually effected them though is unknown. Maybe they are interwoven with Magic that they changed with it so they didn't suffer any negative effects. Or maybe there was a short time where they were out of sync with the system and maybe they had to reset themselves in order to get updated, Disco Wizard did compare a magic system change to changing the OSes on everyone's computers, so to continue that analogy, Immortals would have needed to update their drivers. ;)

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe not completely depower, but based on Pandora's recall of the event, Immortals apparently felt the change, how it actually effected them though is unknown. Maybe they are interwoven with Magic that they changed with it so they didn't suffer any negative effects. Or maybe there was a short time where they were out of sync with the system and maybe they had to reset themselves in order to get updated, Disco Wizard did compare a magic system change to changing the OSes on everyone's computers, so to continue that analogy, Immortals would have needed to update their drivers. ;)

Hmmmm ... I like the analogy, although I don't think it really makes that much sense.

Note that I was doubting Magic being able to JUST depower immortals. Depowering immortals as part of magic switch is something else: they wouldn't be affected as much as people (who can basically lose access to magic) but might have problem working inside new "system" for some time ...

To "fix it"  could take a lot of time.  Even for Pandora.

But if she has some means to remove the clog that caused the Moperville Magic Buildup...

How quickly would Magic return to "normal" levels?  If the Vampires and other "monsters" left, that would tend to make the paranormal groupies leave as well.

Well, this page tells us why "Question Mark" had to happen when it did. In-story, not even eight hours have passed since Pandora left Sarah after explaining Sarah's new spell, and now Pandora has had her entire plan called into question.

The Clog won't be defeated easily. The Shive is strong within it. It's such a useful plot device we can hardly imagine EGS going on without it. All those Tedd watches would stop working. Plus, dealing with the clog gives a wonderful excuse for The Circle of Eight to hang in Moperville after they graduate from high school, presuming they ever graduate.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

a wonderful excuse for The Circle of Eight to hang in Moperville after they graduate from high school, presuming they ever graduate.

They will graduate.  Eventually.  This is Moperville, not Riverdale.

54 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They will graduate.  Eventually.  This is Moperville, not Riverdale.

It would be interesting (as an update reader. Probably not so interesting to see it once the plots are done and archived) to see what the characters do with themselves careerwise.

Grace is pretty much guaranteed to work for the government as a Special Operative once she lets loose on some justifiably mauleable villans. Tedd is going to probably end up as Q for her. Also it is cute to imagine them making Bond jokes at each other as adults.

Elliot's kinda gotten into the superhero gig, so maybe he can sell insurance as a superhero themed mascot once magic is changed into something sustainable.

Mr Tensaided will continue to be the best character in EGS and continually be awesome, even in old age.

The question is whether they will graduate before the author dies of old age.

Anyway, I think all of the main cast will at least be offered jobs with DGB once they are old enough. They are a powerful, prosocial bunch.

5 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

The question is whether they will graduate before the author dies of old age.

I wouldn't mind if Dan would continue writing EGS from the other side.

5 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Anyway, I think all of the main cast will at least be offered jobs with DGB once they are old enough. They are a powerful, prosocial bunch.

Agree. DGB is not nearly enough overstaffed to let such big opportunities go.

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
6 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Agree. DGB is not nearly enough overstaffed to let such big opportunities go.

I still wanna see the main 8 start their own paranormal division. An extension of the Meddling Teenagers/Charlotte's Angels gig.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still wanna see the main 8 start their own paranormal division. An extension of the Meddling Teenagers/Charlotte's Angels gig.

"Charlotte's Angels Investigations, we help the helpless"  

I hear Charisma Carpenter is sorta looking for work.

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

An extension of the Meddling Teenagers/Charlotte's Angels gig.

Extension of "Meddling Teenagers" will be more like training session.

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still wanna see the main 8 start their own paranormal division.

I want them to take over the existing one.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I want them to take over the existing one.

Nah, then they'd have to deal with all the existing red tape. In this case, that seems to be a somewhat negative thing.

54 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

Nah, then they'd have to deal with all the existing red tape. In this case, that seems to be a somewhat negative thing.

As DBG has apparently been active for long time they probably has a secret number of vaults filled with secrets, in secret places, their existence and location only known to a secret number of peolpe who is very secretive about the issue. Add to that all the secret aliens and magical beings that DBG has hidden in plain sight and you have a lot of people depending on the DBG to keep their true nature secret.

Just cutting the Red Tape would either mean that all those secrets are lost to the organization, or they risk being exposed. Neither sounds like a good idea. So all that Red Tape, as cumbersome as it might be, does serve a purpose as it's keeping the DBG working slow, and minimizes the risk to society.

On 8/6/2016 at 11:22 AM, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Perhaps the Emissary is Edward's subconscious mind.

Interesting thought. The way DW explains it, he doesn't remember what he's doing in Grace's dreams when he's not in them. That kind of implies he's dreaming too.

I'm going to put an even bigger curve on that pitch: DW could be part of Pandora's subconscious. The battle of the flaming horde that Pandora vaguely remembers from a long-ago life could have been Pandora both giving the horde fire magic and then her subconscious realizing it was a big mistake. Which would mean that Pandora is "magic itself", at least in the Moperverse.

Long odds that The Shive has this in mind. Sounds like the kind of premise a psychology major would come up with.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm going to put an even bigger curve on that pitch: DW could be part of Pandora's subconscious. The battle of the flaming horde that Pandora vaguely remembers from a long-ago life could have been Pandora both giving the horde fire magic and then her subconscious realizing it was a big mistake. Which would mean that Pandora is "magic itself", at least in the Moperverse.

I think them meeting would not really work then. Although it WOULD be interesting.

8 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
9 hours ago, Matoyak said:

As DBG has apparently been active for long time they probably has a secret number of vaults filled with secrets, in secret places, their existence and location only known to a secret number of peolpe who is very secretive about the issue.

Edward might know most of that ...

Just cutting the Red Tape would either mean that all those secrets are lost to the organization, or they risk being exposed. Neither sounds like a good idea. So all that Red Tape, as cumbersome as it might be, does serve a purpose as it's keeping the DBG working slow, and minimizes the risk to society.

Agree.

As DBG has apparently been active for long time they probably has a secret number of vaults filled with secrets, in secret places, their existence and location only known to a secret number of peolpe who is very secretive about the issue. Add to that all the secret aliens and magical beings that DBG has hidden in plain sight and you have a lot of people depending on the DBG to keep their true nature secret.

Like the place with the Dewitchery Diamond in it?  :)

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

That was definitely hidden in plain sight :)

I also think it was set up for Tedd and Elliot to easily find. That guard was bribed to let them in, the bribe could have also included putting the diamond on display too. Once Elliot touched the diamond, the guard was no long obligated to sit back and watch.

Of course the building itself was minimal security and apparently not up to code as it didn't have actual windows on the second floor.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That guard was bribed to let them in, the bribe could have also included putting the diamond on display too.

Yes, and Sirleck paid the bribe. Gee, do you think that guard lived to testify?