• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Aura Guardian

Story Friday August 5, 2016

Dangit. I was in the middle of making this thread. Stupid Wi-Fi signal...

So...show of hands. Who here thinks Tedd "more dangerous rarity" Verres is this rare type of wizard?

Back before the Crash, I speculated that Magic changing has to do with werewolves being a thing in the past but not the present.

Did not expect a simple conversation in Grace's dream to have such great plot relevance...
Okay maybe it wasn't a simple conversation.

23 minutes ago, Zorua said:

So...show of hands. Who here thinks Tedd "more dangerous rarity" Verres is this rare type of wizard?

Raises hand.

23 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Back before the Crash, I speculated that Magic changing has to do with werewolves being a thing in the past but not the present.

I would say that probably has more to do with active hunting and destruction, possibly involving a certain wizard ;)

42 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Yep. He who sees the power can manipulate the power, no matter in what form it exists.

Huh.  So just by explaining to her why her plan is a bad idea, Pandora changes her mind and decides to fix the whole thing.  Who knew the crazy immortal could be so reasonable? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ranma_2k8 said:

Huh.  So just by explaining to her why her plan is a bad idea, Pandora changes her mind and decides to fix the whole thing.  Who knew the crazy immortal could be so reasonable? :lol:

She is not actually being reasonable as she is being really annoyed. I actually recognise this -- I, too, have been IRRITATED into doing the right thing. :icon_eek:

42 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:
1 hour ago, Zorua said:

Raises hand.

Seconded.

Also, from Wednesday's reaction thread:

Another possibility would be that she realizes that what she's doing would likely end up doing more harm than good for Adrian and try to unclog the flow of magic and remove some of the marks she'd already given (if that's possible without awakening them). She might also have to find a way to destroy any of the research that had been gathered so far as well.

I'm giving myself all the cookies. :D

5 minutes ago, Ranma_2k8 said:

Who knew the crazy immortal could be so reasonable? :lol:

Gee, think it could be to protect her family?

1 minute ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

So, marking Sarah must be part of fixing it.

Why Sarah? Maybe because she's one of those rare wizards who would be unaffected because she didn't get spells in the first place. Which could also describe Tedd. And Grace. Yes, the Q&A before this arc began spent a lot of time explaining how it would be ridiculously hard for Grace to gain human-style magic spells...but that all depends on magic working in the way it is now, doesn't it?

You know, either Moperverse Earth has a radically different history or a really big reality quake that changed its past. Armies of fire-mages don't seem to have made it into our own history. Oh, it was in the other half of Earth? But wasn't it established by Lady Andrea that both halves share the same magic?

19 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

So, marking Sarah must be part of fixing it.

Umm, just had a thought: Pandora marked Sarah on Friday night. This is happening two days later. Pandora didn't know she had to fix it yet.

I don't know if she'll be able to unmark anyone without awakening them, but chances are, those that were marked, like Sarah, might not have enough of their own energy pool to be able to cast their spells after Pandora fixes the clog so they'll likely believe it was just some temporary thing (other than Sarah who had a fairly in depth discussion with Pandora about her spell and stuff). Justin's already been awakened, but it would really depend on how much of an energy pool he had developed in ASMA training.

I get the feeling though that it won't be easy for Pandora to fix this, and I'm wondering if Voltaire is pro-system change.

8 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Sarah found her mark Saturday morning. The conversation between Pandora and the Emissary is taking place the morning after Elliot and Ashley's date. Does anyone know offhand what night the date took place?

Chronological order:

Friday night: Sarah and Tedd were marked.

Saturday morning: Sarah discovers her mark, spends all day trying to figure out what spell she had.

Saturday night: Elliot and Ashley's date, Sarah's conversation with Pandora.

Sunday morning: Pandora enters Grace's dream and has her conversation with Disco Wizard.

She better start unmarking the people who got marks from her, there's probably lots of them, besides Tedd, Sarah, good Tom etc.

1 hour ago, lonjil said:

Blaike was killed by a werewolf, maybe Pandora made them extinct...

Beast doesn't equal werewolf.

All werewolves are beasts, not all beasts are werewolves.

And Pandora turns to the light side. I told y'all she wasn't evil, just chaotic

Ah ha, Tedd's "dangerous rarity" must mean that he's not only immune to a system change, but would likely be able to quickly determine what has changed and how to adjust.

I'm guessing people like Tedd are rare because they'd be a form of safeguard to prevent magic from being completely forgotten. I wonder if they are born at a certain interval, like 1 every century, or only when there is a possibility of a system change.

17 minutes ago, inqntrol said:

She better start unmarking the people who got marks from her, there's probably lots of them, besides Tedd, Sarah, good Tom etc.

If she can unmark people as simply as she marked them, problem solved. End of story arc. Kind of makes the marker NP arc sort of not-as-interesting, though. But unmarking will surely fix everything. Let's go bowling or something.

Oh, wait. There's that whole "raining Hell down on Moperville" thing. And maybe the only thing that makes marks go away is Awakening?

And so Magic gets what It was really after, a little sit down talk with Pandora via It's Emissary, showing that Pandora isn't the only one who can lay convoluted plans.

Of course, there is the matter of how will Pandora fix things?  She wants to give her family a changed world, where Magic is used openly, but Magic doesn't want many people using it.  So... let's eliminate a whole bunch of people?  Let's cause a crash in civilization so most people are too busy surviving to learn about magic?  I know, let's blind people so they can't read and release a whole bunch of carnivorous plants, oh wait, that was Day of the Triffids, different Immortal Tantrum.  Just saying, "fixing things" for an Immortal who is Chaotic and perhaps Insane might not be so fun.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ah ha, Tedd's "dangerous rarity" must mean that he's not only immune to a system change, but would likely be able to quickly determine what has changed and how to adjust.

I'm guessing people like Tedd are rare because they'd be a form of safeguard to prevent magic from being completely forgotten. I wonder if they are born at a certain interval, like 1 every century, or only when there is a possibility of a system change.

Nice thought, that one.  So Tedd would be like Magic's Archivist.

I really would like to know if Tedd can not just see and understand magic working, but manipulate it in the process of working. 

But, Pandora! You didn't predict this possible outcome! From your reaction, it looks like you didn't even consider the possibility! Doesn't that make you happy? ;D

Also, I agree with the Tedd is rare wizard dealie. :)

7 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Of course, there is the matter of how will Pandora fix things?  She wants to give her family a changed world, where Magic is used openly, but Magic doesn't want many people using it.  So... let's eliminate a whole bunch of people?  Let's cause a crash in civilization so most people are too busy surviving to learn about magic?  I know, let's blind people so they can't read and release a whole bunch of carnivorous plants, oh wait, that was Day of the Triffids, different Immortal Tantrum.  Just saying, "fixing things" for an Immortal who is Chaotic and perhaps Insane might not be so fun.

I am really questioning her sanity level here, not particularly how sane she is, but how insane she is. If she was as insane as we originally thought back when she announced that she was going to "destroy the world", she'd likely would have told Disco Wizard to shove it and continued with her plans, but instead felt what DW was saying was familiar, and recalled a point in her previous life where she experienced what DW was talking about, and realized that wasn't what she wanted to happen, I'd say she's sane enough still to begrudgingly agree to fix things. Of course as I said before, it may not be that easy with all that's going on.

I'm not saying that Pandora wouldn't try something else for Adrian though but maybe it wouldn't be as extreme.