• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Friday August 5, 2016

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

...and Good Tom said "Sense when puppies are in danger"?!?  :)

No, she assessed Good Tom's possible spell before she started asking people that question.

Damn! If only Sarah had been there to answer that question, her hot vampire form could have become canon!

...Except for the fact that this happened before the card games. And that Sarah doesn't really even like vampires, she just likes reading vampire smut. *sigh* Never mind...

23 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Damn! If only Sarah had been there to answer that question, her hot vampire form could have become canon!

...Except for the fact that this happened before the card games. And that Sarah doesn't really even like vampires, she just likes reading vampire smut. *sigh* Never mind...

Also, October. She was more shy back then. Even if she would choose vampire - and she would be MUCH more likely to choose "wizard Sarah" - she wouldn't specify "sexy". Probably.

Wait. Does "wizard Sarah" counts as transformation? I mean, she transform in her fantasy, but that would be hard to explain, as she's only get to be taller and more sexy.

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:

No, she assessed Good Tom's possible spell before she started asking people that question.

And questions are just her decoy.

Not questioning the "puppy eyes" look being given - normal kid Pandora IS eerily cute.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Also, October. She was more shy back then. Even if she would choose vampire - and she would be MUCH more likely to choose "wizard Sarah" - she wouldn't specify "sexy". Probably.

Wait. Does "wizard Sarah" counts as transformation? I mean, she transform in her fantasy, but that would be hard to explain, as she's only get to be taller and more sexy.

I wouldn't say Sarah was that much more shy in October than she is now. She had already spent her summer as Tedd's guinea pig, after all. But yeah, there's no way she would have chosen vampire over wizard.

I don't think "wizard Sarah" counts as a transformation. If Sarah had been around to tell Pandora she would like a spell that turns her into a wizard, that would have been

1) redundant, because she would have to already be a wizard or a mage to be able to use any spells

2) impossible, since wizards are born, not made

3) useless, if it meant she would only get a cool wizard costume whenever she used that spell.

Catalina's the first one I thought of, but Ashley has expressed interest in transformation and (unlike Sarah) has never been turned into a cat by Tedd. Yet.

But this is Halloween, and the day after The Date at the Mall has got to be at least ten weeks later. That's kind of a long time for anyone marked with a transformation spell not to use it. Unless it's Before the Goo, this wouldn't be the time for Rhoda, Dex, or Justin to get their marks because they were all shown to have marks before the time skip. Now Squirrel Prophet does take place after the time skip. Of the four people Grace knows or thinks she knows are marked, only Catalina hasn't been shown using her power--but she could have during the time skip.

So I guess there's a pretty good chance Catalina will get her mark "on camera" in Marker. Still, this question seems most likely to get Ashley to respond at length. Maybe she got the cloud, suggesting that she could morph something like Pandora herself? Or Plastic Man?

Since we have a whole weekend at least to wait for the next installment of Marker, I suggest proposing some other possible interviewees, their answers, and results of the interview:

Tony: I'm already irresistible to women. (Mark that makes him irresistible to gay guys)

Greg: Chun-li or Unusagi. Unusagi? Haven't you ever seen The Lucky Bunny Bounty Show? (Eventually lands lead in live-action movie)

Principal Verrucht: I'd just like more hair (Turns into an orangutan. No one but our gang notices.)

Matt Cohen: Well, I don't know...There's this girl I like. Maybe if I looked a little more...I don't know. (Turns into a doppelganger of Elliot)

George: Okay, how about a squirrel-human who can change sexes? (Morphs into a web cartoonist)

Lucy: Xena all the way! (No visible change)

Good Tom's Girlfriend: Maybe a puppy. My boyfriend is just obsessed with saving puppies now!

8 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

There's always next Halloween! 

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of the four people Grace knows or thinks she knows are marked, only Catalina hasn't been shown using her power--but she could have during the time skip.

Thing is, Catalina would be very likely to accidentally use her mark spell, Dex had his mark for a few days and it was more obvious being on his chest, but was also being manipulated into using the spell for other things. Justin and Rhoda had their marks on their backs so they wouldn't see them right away, they may have had them for weeks before the events that caused them to use their spells, Rhoda still seem oblivious to the fact that she cause the boar to get big and even after the time skip there's no indication that she's used it again. Catalina though, I just get the feeling she would notice pretty quickly that she can do things she couldn't do before and we would have seen something by now.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Lucy: Xena all the way! (No visible change)

For some reason, the old "Tells a chemistry joke: no visible reaction." comes to mind.  Probably because of the context I have most often heard "no visible change" in relatively recently.

I'm frankly surprised no one has thought to ANSWER this question for themselves yet.

Personally, no question here, I'd go with Bowser. 

An incredibly cool and snarky fire-breathing demon turtle king?  Heck yes!

On 08/06/2016 at 5:56 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Matt Cohen: Well, I don't know...There's this girl I like. Maybe if I looked a little more...I don't know. (Turns into a doppelganger of Elliot)

Not only that wouldn't help, Matt would likely realize that.

George: Okay, how about a squirrel-human who can change sexes? (Morphs into a web cartoonist)

Why? I mean, why George?

Good Tom's Girlfriend: Maybe a puppy. My boyfriend is just obsessed with saving puppies now!

He JUST got the mark. He will take weeks to become obsessed. ... unless he was already obsessed before, in which case she wouldn't say "now".

21 hours ago, partner555 said:

And this must be how Catalina was marked.

It's really most likely.

18 hours ago, lonjil said:

There's always next Halloween! 

She can't get second mark. Only way for her to get another spell now is to keep casting the one she has to awaken.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

Of the four people Grace knows or thinks she knows are marked, only Catalina hasn't been shown using her power--but she could have during the time skip.

Thing is, Catalina would be very likely to accidentally use her mark spell, Dex had his mark for a few days and it was more obvious being on his chest, but was also being manipulated into using the spell for other things. Justin and Rhoda had their marks on their backs so they wouldn't see them right away, they may have had them for weeks before the events that caused them to use their spells, Rhoda still seem oblivious to the fact that she cause the boar to get big and even after the time skip there's no indication that she's used it again. Catalina though, I just get the feeling she would notice pretty quickly that she can do things she couldn't do before and we would have seen something by now.

I actually think that Rhoda DID realize she can make things smaller or larger during timeskip AND having friend who ALSO have some magic ability helped her to deal with it.

What makes you think they would be so quick to tell everyone? I think they will only tell Elliot after the Mall BECAUSE Catalina saw him as Cheerleadra and realized she can talk with him as he also have some magic.

2 hours ago, Intro said:

I'm frankly surprised no one has thought to ANSWER this question for themselves yet.

I would like to try dragon, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to Halloween. Maybe half-dragon?

Are you SURE you want to transform to something which would be target for ligitation from Nintendo?

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I actually think that Rhoda DID realize she can make things smaller or larger during timeskip AND having friend who ALSO have some magic ability helped her to deal with it.

I'm not so sure, because with Rhoda's personality, how do you think she would feel if she realized she was the cause of the boar getting big, and then brought attention to it which lead to getting it killed? I think we would have seen something about her behaviour change.

3 hours ago, Intro said:

I came to this forum specifically looking for this.  Dan gets to decide how his characters will answer the question, no matter what we think or want.  But only we get to choose what we want to transform into.  Rather than just one (albeit very good) imagination, I'd like to see what transformations a thousand imaginations unleashed can come up with.

Personally I love the idea of fairy dolls.  I'd probably go with an even smaller version of either Shanghai or Hourai from the Touhou series.  Flight, tiny size, and minor magical ability would be tons of fun.  I already enjoy building RC models for FPV (first-person view) adventures in a tiny world, but being able to sit in the cockpit of my Spitfire or Panzer III and actually fly/drive it myself would be SO much better.

That would be fun, but being able to morph away the fairy wings when needed would help with fitting into tiny spaces. But yes, being able to have a fairy doll avatar in first-person perspective and being able to choose/control the fairy doll's appearance would be awesome. I can live without the "persistence" part if that's too much trouble (i.e. the doll continuing to exist after I end the spell--according to Andrea this aspect is rare and takes a lot of power).

If Pandora asked me that question, I would probably not answer honestly.

I have always had trouble admitting what I want.  Even as a kid, I couldn't bring myself to tell Santa what I wanted.

But this made me realize something.

When Pandora asks the question, what the victim says is almost irrelevant.

The important thing is to get the subject thinking about the topic. 

Hmm, become anything I want.

Well, if it's a full-blown Transformation, like Grace turns into a actual Squirrel, I want to be a Lemur.

However, if it's a Half-Human Transformation, like when Tedd uses his TF Gun for animal forms, I'd rather be a Were-Cat.

1 hour ago, lonjil said:

Has it ever been stated that someone can't have more than one mark?

I don't think it's been directly stated, but the fact that people haven only been given one mark is probably a good indicator that a person can only be marked once. The amount of surface area the mark covers is apparently key though. It's hard to tell if Dex's, Justin's and Rhoda's marks are smaller than Susan's, but Sarah's does seems smaller. It might just be the shapes themselves though, but maybe the mark coverage is linked to how much ambient energy there is in the area. Like an energy collector, if you're going to be in an area with relatively low energy, a large mark would help gather energy for a spell easier, but an area saturated with energy wouldn't require a large mark? Tedd's mark is on his head so it might not be very big either, we'll have to wait and see if he morphs himself bald to see it though. ::shrugs::

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

(Well, in a universe such as ours it would literally take a lot of energy - several megatons equivalent.)

It would only take megatons if the matter were being created "ex nihilo". If instead the component atoms were drawn from the surrounding air and ground, then it would only require the chemical energy amount (a few thousand kilocalories/megajoules). If the Fairy Doll is 1/6 of Nanase's height, then it masses about 1/200 of her weight--about 250-300 grams (8-10 ounces). The chemical energy contained in a mammal of that weight with the fat/muscle proportions of Nanase is in the ballpark of two thousand kilocalories, and we can multiply that by a factor of three or so to reflect the energy cost of gathering and assembling the atoms.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think it's been directly stated, but the fact that people haven only been given one mark is probably a good indicator that a person can only be marked once. The amount of surface area the mark covers is apparently key though. It's hard to tell if Dex's, Justin's and Rhoda's marks are smaller than Susan's, but Sarah's does seems smaller. It might just be the shapes themselves though, but maybe the mark coverage is linked to how much ambient energy there is in the area. Like an energy collector, if you're going to be in an area with relatively low energy, a large mark would help gather energy for a spell easier, but an area saturated with energy wouldn't require a large mark? Tedd's mark is on his head so it might not be very big either, we'll have to wait and see if he morphs himself bald to see it though. ::shrugs::

It's also been strongly implied that "negative space" doesn't count as part of the mark area.

Susan's female symbol, in its simplest form, is a ring with a cross under it. Assuming the interior of the ring isn't filled in a lighter shade, it's going to have to be rather large relative to the area required, because that interior won't count. Filling the interior would make it harder for Susan to draw strictly-the-same symbol on a box. (But then we don't know just how strictly the same her drawing needs to be.)

If someone who looked like Pandora's form in that comic came up to me and asked that question, I'd probably answer something like, "Doctor Strange with a less embarrassing costume." Meanwhile, I'd be thinking something like, "Sqeeeeee! Isn't she just the most adorable thing?" Only Shive knows what the end result would be.