• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday August 8, 2016

Ever go to a restaurant where you have never eaten before at a time when you aren't really hungry and nothing on the menu seems impressive?

This guy may very well have never before considered the question.  And without a pressing problem or strong desire he might not ever come to a good decision.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

This guy is almost as bad as Elliot is at choosing something. :)

To quote, "I am not indecisive. I just cannot decide."

8 hours ago, Stature said:

If you choose not to decide 
You still have made a choice

I just listened to that. I forgot what a freaking vocal range Mr. Lee has

4 hours ago, mlooney said:
12 hours ago, Stature said:

Reminds me the Q&A "What is worse, ignorance or indifference?" ... "I don't know and I don't care."

21 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Despite my newfound liking for Pandora's objectives (though not methods), I admit I find this a hilarious punishment of Pandora for her methods.

I'm more worried about how she will punish that person.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

I just listened to that. I forgot what a freaking vocal range Mr. Lee has

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Reminds me the Q&A "What is worse, ignorance or indifference?" ... "I don't know and I don't care."

I'm more worried about how she will punish that person.

I am making a possibly wrong assumption that you recognize my quote.  If you didn't get way the hell off my lawn before I smack you about the head and shoulders with a baseball bat screaming I will choose free will!

It depends on whether the ignorance is willful or not. If somebody is putting their head in the sand in order to maintain deniability, then it's their own fault, but if they don't know of something because it happens to be obscure (e.g. something that's only available in a language that they don't know), then I can't fault them for not knowing. Willful ignorance ("I don't want to know") is IMO worse than indifference, because one is deliberately avoiding forming a mental picture of the thing being ignored.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

So who or what would you choose? This being EGS, and me having knowledge the interviewee almost certainly doesn't have, I think I'd choose to be an Immortal.

I dunno. If I absolutely had to be bodyguard for an Emperor, I think I'd rather guard the good Pharaoh here. I'd be able to make snarky comments at him all day long.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

I am making a possibly wrong assumption that you recognize my quote.

Those google searches takes some time you know.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

screaming I will choose free will

I'm also bad at singing and even the singer seems to scream. Well, at least he can be understood over the music.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Those google searches takes some time you know.

I'm also bad at singing and even the singer seems to scream. Well, at least he can be understood over the music.

Geddy Lee has one of the most recognizable voices in heavy metal.  And I strongly suspect the widest vocal range.
Fun fact: Rush, as rock group, was given the Canadian honor's system that allows them to display heraldic arms.  A real world AoA for those SCA members out there.  Close, but not quite the same as being knighted in the UK.

...I'm sorry, but I can't focus on the actual comic.  All I can think is...

1. By "he wants the same," does she mean he wants to be Nick to his friend's Judy, or that he also wants to be Judy to his friend's Nick?
  2. In either case, what would their marks actually do?  (And darnit, Pandora, come across a pair like that and you'd better mark them...)

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

If I absolutely had to be bodyguard for an Emperor, I think I'd rather guard the good Pharaoh here.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I NEVER accept volunteers to work in my personal guard.  No armed soldiers know they will be working the Imperial inner circle until they are told to report to the inner circle.  And no one holds a position like that long enough to use that position for personal profit or political advancement.

Ask Caligula...

54 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While I appreciate the sentiment, I NEVER accept volunteers to work in my personal guard.  No armed soldiers know they will be working the Imperial inner circle until they are told to report to the inner circle.  And no one holds a position like that long enough to use that position for personal profit or political advancement.

Ask Caligula...

That's ridiculous. Then whom do you have to make snarky remarks about you all day long?

56 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That's ridiculous. Then whom do you have to make snarky remarks about you all day long?

Easy. The next person who overhears this conversation, who might be Nero.

16 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

So who or what would you choose? This being EGS, and me having knowledge the interviewee almost certainly doesn't have, I think I'd choose to be an Immortal.

I would pick dragon. I love dragons.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

European court tradition, at the very least, has a post dedicated to making snarky comments about the King.  No tedious weapons training or having to wear armor...

39 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

European court tradition, at the very least, has a post dedicated to making snarky comments about the King.  No tedious weapons training or having to wear armor...

Well yes, but given what happened to a lot of these, I personally feel that combining it with weapons training and armor might increase survivability.

7 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Well yes, but given what happened to a lot of these, I personally feel that combining it with weapons training and armor might increase survivability.

You're no fool....  :)