• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
PSadlon

Story: Wed, Aug 10, 2016

For maximal giggle fact, Arthur J Arthur would be my best choice.  Followed by Principal Verrückt

Also, a roughly 600+ year old Immortal throwing a temper tantrum while looking like her not creepy child form?  Both cute and scary.  Not sexy however.   The cute part is a give, as it not possible for Dan to draw female that's not an Eldritch Horror and she not look cute.  Scientific fact.

54 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2225

She didn't so much bend the rules as fold them.

Any bets on whom she empowered?

I'm thinking Magus.

27 minutes ago, WR...S said:

...does this mean the energy clog only dates back to the end of Sister II?

Can't be Magus, and I don't think it only dates back to Sister II. The whale said that the clog has been around for much of Tedd's life. The whale also said that it recently got worse though.

Well, as I was saying in the previous comic's thread, there's no way that fixing this problem is going to be as easy as this one conversation. With what Pandora said today, it's probably safe to predict that whoever she is going to get to fix it probably won't want to cooperate.

1 hour ago, WR...S said:

I suspect as much. In fact, I think that she created it the very moment she appeared on public TV. It would be a double whammy -- revealing the existence of magic on TV and setting up what she probably intended to be a snowballing effect of stronger and stronger magic.

This comic also reveals an interesting tidbit about Immortal law. They're not allowed to directly depower.

2 hours ago, PSadlon said:

I'm thinking Magus.

The energy clog is empowering Moperville. Nothing about Immortal law as we know it says they have to stick to empowering people.

The Disco Wizard was selected by "The Will Of Magic" to be a spokesperson.  Like a lot of "Official Spokespeople" at uncomfortable press conferences the person doing the talking knows a LOT less than those who are asking the questions.

With that in mind, the title of "Emissary" was probably an overstatement.  I wouldn't be surprised if "Magic" handed out the title in lieu of more tangible forms of payment.

1 hour ago, Waspinator said:

With what Pandora said today, it's probably safe to predict that whoever she is going to get to fix it probably won't want to cooperate.

Who would have something to gain by a major upheaval in magic where almost every human who currently has magic would no longer be able to use it?

Almost everyone...

With the exception of a rare type of wizard who never had spells in the first...

If the upheaval goes through, Tedd would be the last human with magic and would be the major player in how human understanding of magic was rebuilt.

What if that is how Lord Tedd came to power in his world?

How General Shade Tale came to manipulate Lord Tedd is still another story...

58 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
2 hours ago, WR...S said:

I suspect as much. In fact, I think that she created it the very moment she appeared on public TV. It would be a double whammy -- revealing the existence of magic on TV and setting up what she probably intended to be a snowballing effect of stronger and stronger magic.

The whales told Tedd that Magic had been unusually high for much of his life, and even Andrea stated that for a long time, the flow of magic was slower, which would mean that something slowed the flow of magic. I still think Pandora did something years ago that affected the flow and then just after her meeting with Adrian and declaring the "destruction" of the world, she completely blocked off the flow. I'm wondering why she needs someone else to help unclog it though, and this whole "de-powering Moperville"...does she mean removing all the marks she's given, or removing everyone's ability to use magic altogether? Ellen was created by magic, what would happen to her?

3 hours ago, PSadlon said:

I'm thinking Magus.

I think she was using "empowered" in large scale terms, like city wide empowerment.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'm wondering why she needs someone else to help unclog it though, and this whole "de-powering Moperville"...does she mean removing all the marks she's given, or removing everyone's ability to use magic altogether? Ellen was created by magic, what would happen to her?

She needs help to unclog the energy flow because immortals are allowed to "Empower and Guide" but not to depower. They can't take away power unless that power fundamentally belongs to the immortal (like when Jerry took back the power for the hammer artifact). And by "depowering Moperville" she means that unclogging the energy flow would reduce the available power in Moperville. No one that has abilities would lose them (though they might lose access to them if they don't have enough magical potency, like Sarah)

Also, while Ellen was born via magic, she is flesh and blood. She's more intune with her magic due to the method of her birth, but she is still made of regular old flesh, blood, bone, and everything else that makes a person.

Panel-by-panel Reaction Time!

Panel 1: Disco Wizard does not understand.

Panel 2: And now he does. Pandora tantrum for the win.

Panel 3: That's the million-dollar question. He's asking the one who caused the energy problem.

Panel 4: As far as we know, Immortals can only empower and guide mortals. De-powering is the opposite of empowering, so she's stuck. And now we know the plot.

Tedd can remove enchantments. Is...wait. Magus can amplify abilities. Is Pandora gonna track Magus down, have him amplify Tedd's power to Anti-Magic levels, and send Tedd around town so he'll depower Moperville by proximity?

Panel 5: Obviously. Duh, dude. It was like, super obvious.

Panel 6: Seriously, Disco. Pay attention.

Commentary: Aw. But Dan, I want a cookie.

Forum: ...eh. Nothing new to contribute.

And it is a very good thing for Grace (whose mind is still hosting them) that Pandora has not chosen a more destructive manner for her tantrum. Pandora may in fact be holding back for this very reason, and will more properly vent herself when she is safely isolated from anybody who might be injured.

I'm just saying here have been incidents of ta dimensional shift causing runaway energy conditions in literature before. I am willing may not have been the factor or even the only factor however.

Honestly I doubt it would surprise any of us.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

And it is a very good thing for Grace (whose mind is still hosting them) that Pandora has not chosen a more destructive manner for her tantrum. Pandora may in fact be holding back for this very reason, and will more properly vent herself when she is safely isolated from anybody who might be injured.

I'm guessing she's chaotic neutral

Maybe, she doen't actually seem evil though she's a helluva a lot further into the chaotic range than she started out either way.

So immortals can't break the rules because the other immortals would punish them for it, not because of some physical limitation. But what if almost every immortal agrees that the rules needs to be broken? Are the rules so important to them that they wouldn't agree on making an exception no matter what's at stake?

3 hours ago, Zorua said:

Tedd can remove enchantments. Is...wait. Magus can amplify abilities. Is Pandora gonna track Magus down, have him amplify Tedd's power to Anti-Magic levels, and send Tedd around town so he'll depower Moperville by proximity?

As far as we've seen, Magus has only amplified emotions and getting them to act on something they normally wouldn't. Like Tedd zapped Elliot originally because Magus amplified Tedd's annoyance that Elliot couldn't tell if he was a guy again, Tedd was probably thinking "I oughta zap you". Ellen was annoyed by the "dream" she had about sleeping with Archie and didn't like the idea of Nanase being a guy and just wanted to have a V5 party where she zapped everyone, so Magus amplified that to try to get her to zap Elliot. Abraham was feeling guilty about having to kill Ellen, Magus tried to amplify that to stop him but I dunno if Abraham was resisting really well or if it was something else.  Edward was mad that his niece was hurt and nearly killed Abraham for it, Pandora wanted Magus to amplify that even more so that Edward finished the job, but thankfully Magus refused.

I'm pretty sure those were the only cases so far of Magus' amplifying.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

I have often felt the need for more of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

/me gets out the list.

/me squints at The Old Hack.

/me makes a notation.