• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Wednesday, August 10, 2016

29 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Given the age range of the people she's asking, it's not surprising that they have sex on the brain, at least subconsciously.

New baseball team in town?

Pretty wild powers, I might say. Given, I am now anticipating Luke.

Yeah, Pandora's noticing a problem with her idea. These people seem to have a pattern they all follow.

-All the men she's encountering are wanting to be invisible, see through solid objects, or other perverted things.

-All the women are wanting to be attractive, change their physical forms, or other things involving their popularity.

She was probably expecting more interesting answers. Like Danny Phantom,(ghost spells) Ranma characters,(TF/TG spells) or so and so.

1 hour ago, Darkxemjas said:

All the men she's encountering are wanting to be invisible, see through solid objects, or other perverted things.

Or, to put it another way, all the men she's encountering are men.

14 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I thought she was one of the Q&A girls at first.

Nah, if Lily got marked with that spell, she wouldn't have gotten back from her honeymoon with Amanda in time for the last Q&A.

24 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Here is hoping GayDar boy show up again, would love to see how that reacts to Grace, Ted, etc. and Susan ;)

Also Diane and Lucy. I also wonder why Luke got his power instead of gaydar.

I wonder how long it will be before there's a gaydar app for iPhone and Android. Maybe the earring industry is suppressing the technology.

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

Given the age range of the people she's asking, it's not surprising that they have sex on the brain, at least subconsciously.

Yes, no surprise there.

11 hours ago, Darkxemjas said:

-All the men she's encountering are wanting to be invisible, see through solid objects, or other perverted things.

-All the women are wanting to be attractive, change their physical forms, or other things involving their popularity.

"Perverted" or "popularity", it's actually about sex. Although the women way seems at least little healthier for relationship. Well ... remember that it's subconscious. They probably control themselves better when you speak with them as opposed to reading their minds.

14 hours ago, Stature said:

Given, I am now anticipating Luke.

I'm still not sure why Luke didn't get the gaydar. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's what he really wanted.

18 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Pandora: taking names and... granting wishes?

She don't really like the spell ideas (not visible enough), but I still think she's marking them. At least the girl. She will be popular on any convention. Also, she may get actual transformation after awakening if she be cosplaying enough.

15 hours ago, Darkxemjas said:

These people seem to have a pattern they all follow.

Excuse me?  We've seen a grand total of three people, I think it's a little early to make generalizations, especially with only one woman replying so far.  And the second guy didn't want anything perverted, he just wanted to be able to tell who might return his interest if he expressed it.  Could we maybe hold off on sexist stereotypes until we see whether they actually hold true for more than one person each?

5 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Could we maybe hold off on sexist stereotypes until we see whether they actually hold true for more than one person each?

It's the theme of the strip: "Cursed Primary Biological Directive." Hopefully we'll move on to another gag, or some actual plot development.

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

It's the theme of the strip: "Cursed Primary Biological Directive." Hopefully we'll move on to another gag, or some actual plot development.

That tells me the theme of the strip is people in general having desires related to sex, finding a mate, etc.  It doesn't tell me anything about these alleged major differences between men and women.  That's strictly preconceived bias on the part of certain readers.  It may or may not match what Dan eventually shows us, but it is far, far too little data at this point to make those sorts of sexist generalizations!

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

That tells me the theme of the strip is people in general having desires related to sex, finding a mate, etc.  It doesn't tell me anything about these alleged major differences between men and women.

What I was trying to say is that this one strip's gags were really built around people's sex drive being the primary biological imperative, not the entire Moperverse. These three were chosen to fit the gag.

BTW, maybe it's just me, but all three of these characters look similar to three of the witnesses at the mall

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

What I was trying to say is that this one strip's gags were really built around people's sex drive being the primary biological imperative, not the entire Moperverse. These three were chosen to fit the gag.

Well, the rule of Evolution is "whoever dies with the most kids, wins". Contrary to popular belief, "survival of the fittest" takes a backseat, because it matters not one whit to Evolution if you live for ten thousand years or a week, if you leave no descendants behind when you die. Indeed, many species (e.g. insects) take the strategy of producing thousands of offspring per mother, even though 99% of those will die before reproducing. Humans are on the extreme opposite end of that spectrum, with (even in pre-modern times) up to half or more of offspring going on to reproduce themselves, yet we typically have no more than 6-10 children at most, even without contraception.

In short, everybody in the past who DIDN'T seek to mate, didn't leave any offspring. Everyone now alive is the result of an unbroken chain of mating going back to the Precambrian.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

What? You mean, if you like furries you are automatically evil?

No beside we eliminates the possibility of evil before. However if you are intending on causing chaos by giving out magic marks jumping from annoyed thoughts about cursed biological prime directives to wondering if there are furries around that fast. good is of the table. That leaves neutral in her chase chaotic neutral, very chaotic neutral.

11 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

However if you are intending on causing chaos by giving out magic marks jumping from annoyed thoughts about cursed biological prime directives to wondering if there are furries around that fast. good is of the table.

So, if you happen to sympathise with or be a furry, you cannot be a good person. Thanks.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

So, if you happen to sympathise with or be a furry, you cannot be a good person. Thanks.

Quit twisting words you bloody Dane Devil. No good would come of a furry falling into the clutches of someone on a mission to create chaos and annoyed with biological prime directives; not for the furries or anyone associated with them no matter how good or bad they were. It might be funny to watch but it won't be a good thing.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, the rule of Evolution is "whoever dies with the most kids, wins". Contrary to popular belief, "survival of the fittest" takes a backseat, because it matters not one whit to Evolution if you live for ten thousand years or a week, if you leave no descendants behind when you die.

I'm pretty sure that the "fittest" part of "survival of the fittest" is actually referring to fitness at reproducing, not the toughest or cleverest or whatever, although popular belief often gets that wrong.

On 8/11/2016 at 6:09 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are we sure the girl in panel two isn't actually Tedd?

If Tedd were saying it, I'm pretty sure her inner desire would have matched her outward statement.