• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday March 9, 2016

1 hour ago, Circe said:

I'd love to see Tedd there as Tess with the other three MV5'd.  That would make for a fun sketchbook entry!

I agree with Mackus; we probably won't actually see a non-binary form.  It may be discussed a little more, especially if/when Sam and Sarah become a storyline.

I hope Dan will address Ellen turning into a male form.  She should be past establishing herself as an individual now, so if she's avoiding a gender change I have to wonder why.

According to Dan, part of the issue is that Dan himself for some reason feels uncomfortable about having Ellen turn male. Which is rather meta but nonetheless perfectly valid. A storyteller often does well to trust their instincts.

38 minutes ago, LivewareProblem said:

EGS: After Dark?

It would be a nice thread to see pulled, but alas, it's part of the category of things Dan has made clear he is uncomfortable writing about/illustrating (though I'm surprised he's doing pinups as part of Patreon awards now).

Aren't Uryuoms non-binary? If it's just a matter of making someone look androgynous, then Dan has already accomplished that with Tedd. I guess it could be more a case of if it's possible to draw an androgynous form in a pinup sense. Dan might feel that the results could look creepy. It's one thing to have pinups where there's a clear "they're female, they're male" or even "that's a male/female in female/male form" but probably an entirely different thing when it's "I'm not sure what they are."

A part of me want the comic to thread carefully with regards to this, another part of me, one that's less PC, want to see Tedd's reaction to Grace (who's out of sight) modeling a morph she's designed after stumbling onto a Rule 34 archive on the web...

This would probably have to take place rather early in their relationship, while Grace was really naive, and before Tedd got comfortable with having Grace around

It won't happen, and that's probably a good thing, but I can't help but imagining him  looking scared, slowly backing away, and asking where she got the idea for that form.

We know Grace looked up what transgendered meant for "reasons", so it's possible she came across some "other" stuff, especially if the safe search filter was off.

I wonder if Tedd will eventually figure out how humans can self-reproduce...

That just made me think...

What if you artificially inseminate yourself with your own sperm? Will you give birth to your clone??

13 minutes ago, NaYa said:

What if you artificially inseminate yourself with your own sperm? Will you give birth to your clone??

The genes reassort themselves in different ways with each individual sperm or egg.  That's why siblings aren't identical.  You'd end up with two copies of one side and none of the other for more than enough genes to result in a different individual.  The offspring also migt be prone to genetic abnormalities from recessive genes being duplicated.

If the TFG was designed for helping out entire species who have too few of one sex versus the other, it probably has some sort of safeguard against, say, abnormalities within the genome of the transformed self, but I don't know that it would be able to leave any sort of lingering magic that would fix problems in the next generation!  You'd probably have even more chance of problems than siblings would.  (In the real world, twins who are able to reproduce together means one boy and one girl, thus they cannot be identical and are no more related than any other sibling pair.)

The main thing that concerns me with the TF Gun combo testing is that it's doubtful it'll have anything to do with the main plot beyond establishing that they are doing science to produce an archive of different forms to choose from.

This will help Tedd's ties to the uryoms, right, mske them more beholden to him? I believe that was the point of giving him a TF Gun? So he can build human forms for the aliens? More variety is good.

A thought arises that it's likely that some 'humans' in Moperville are in fact transformed Uryoms.

With a lot of the fun worldbuilding and fluff growth in EGS like periods of TF Gun usage (where limits are defined on the magitech item), I always wonder 'how will this pay off later'. We'll see, eventually, I suppose.

Well, Will and Gill said they'd likely be back when their kid is old enough to go to school so they could get a human form for him/her, and then their kid would get a chance to change that form if they desired before going to highschool, so that's at least 2 more visits. Also, they're not aliens, they were born in the US. Will could run for president, which heh, even though at the time he said he'd lose by a landslide, given the choices now.... I'd say he'd have more of a chance. ;)

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, Will and Gill said they'd likely be back when their kid is old enough to go to school so they could get a human form for him/her, and then their kid would get a chance to change that form if they desired before going to highschool, so that's at least 2 more visits. Also, they're not aliens, they were born in the US. Will could run for president, which heh, even though at the time he said he'd lose by a landslide, given the choices now.... I'd say he'd have more of a chance. ;)

Someone please ask him to move to Denmark. Right now I'd vote for Gul Dukat over the PM we currently have.

Neither are shoo-ins, but they can sure be drafted by the people.

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Someone please ask him to move to Denmark. Right now I'd vote for Gul Dukat over the PM we currently have.

Quick! Give me their release and citizenship papers!

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Give USA chance first. They not only needs Will more, but (sanity of) president of USA is important for whole world. Denmark doesn't have nuclear weapons, right?

26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Give USA chance first. They not only needs Will more, but (sanity of) president of USA is important for whole world. Denmark doesn't have nuclear weapons, right?

Okay, fair enough, but I am still not happy with having an incompetent and corrupt tax-evading drunkard that spends government money on partying while he is supposed to be at work for our prime minister.

Okay, that's it!  Even Thom was making political snipes in another thread.  Hack, go recreate your Politics thread.  I'd do it myself but I don't think I can recall all of your guidelines.