• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Friday, Aug 12, 2016

24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, putting the body together or recreating it fast enough might be hard. But it won't actually kill them.

Yes, that's how I came to the idea that the flesh is not the Immortal's True Essence, and thus their Astral Selves remain intact even if their fleshy bodies are destroyed.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

While her burning out might've occurred, remember that burning out is usually temporary. It's unlikely she was burned out for 18 years. It's more likely she just decided to stop using magic. For the same reason she's saying she don't have any sister.

Yes, but magic likes drama. If she retired from monster hunting and had kids, it's possible that she has experienced no moments dramatic enough to bring her magic back.

Would it not make an excellent story line on EGS: something menaces the Kitsunes, there is a thrum of doom, and Mrs. Kitsune's magic comes back in the nick of time?

1 hour ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Would it not make an excellent story line on EGS: something menaces the Kitsunes, there is a thrum of doom, and Mrs. Kitsune's magic comes back in the nick of time?

That's why I said she'd probably beat any dragons she had issues with.

I picture the sisters having similar powers, but Noriko was the pretty sister. Mrs. Kitsune may have planned to go back to work when Nanase was big enough to get along without her constant presence, but then, maybe at about the same time, Akiko came along and Noriko deserted Edward and Tedd.

10 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I picture the sisters having similar powers, but Noriko was the pretty sister. Mrs. Kitsune may have planned to go back to work when Nanase was big enough to get along without her constant presence, but then, maybe at about the same time, Akiko came along and Noriko deserted Edward and Tedd.

I was under the impression that Noriko left Edward when Tedd was around 4 years old, Nanase is the same age as Tedd and while we don't know when they're birthdays are, the fact that Nanase hasn't compared her and Tedd to Diane and Susan, likely means they were born months apart. Nanase would have been 10 when Akiko was born which would have been 6 years after Noriko would have left.

Now I can't remember if it was actually said that Tedd was 4 when Noriko left, I'm mainly basing it on the fact that her leaving was the main cause of Tedd being withdrawn for years. Ellen referred to Noah as being "third grade Tedd awkward" meaning that Tedd would have been in that state when he was 7-8 year old, so it's possible he'd become withdrawn around that time as well, but the fact that Adrian hadn't seen Pandora for 14 years before she visited him at the hospital suggests that the event that Adrian blames himself for causing Edward and Noriko to split up likely happened 14 years ago as well which would place Tedd at roughly 4 years of age.

It makes sense really, Adrian had for years ecouraged Edward and Noriko to focus on their training and such, Noriko, knowing about her family lineage, becomes obsessed with carrying on that tradition, when Tedd apparently seems like he's incapable of doing so, Adrian attempts to steer Noriko into being a mother for Tedd rather than being master to apprentice. This comes to a head a when Tedd's 4. There's an argument over magic potential and stuff between the three of them that Pandora overhears, she slows the magic flow to the other half of the world in order to bump up the ambient energy around moperville in the hopes that it would give Tedd an advantage.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ellen referred to Noah as being "third grade Tedd awkward" meaning that Tedd would have been in that state when he was 7-8 year old

Good reasoning. However, Noriko could have still been with Edward and Tedd would have been old enough to realize how disappointed his mother was that he wasn't gifted with her magic. Plus, Noriko and Tedd could have been fighting all the time. Actually, Noriko being around longer might have made it worse for Tedd. If Noriko had left when he was four, he might not have picked up on her disappointment yet and he would have been perhaps spared years of his parents fighting.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Good reasoning. However, Noriko could have still been with Edward and Tedd would have been old enough to realize how disappointed his mother was that he wasn't gifted with her magic. Plus, Noriko and Tedd could have been fighting all the time. Actually, Noriko being around longer might have made it worse for Tedd. If Noriko had left when he was four, he might not have picked up on her disappointment yet and he would have been perhaps spared years of his parents fighting.

It's also worth noting that Tedd has no idea that Noriko is a legendary monster hunter, he just stated that the last he heard, she was in Europe and apparently couldn't afford to come see him even at Christmas, we do know that Tedd was subjected to the magic analysis wand fairly constantly when he was a baby and conditioned a response from him when he heard it years later, so it's possible that even at the age of 4 if Tedd was within earshot of any arguments about him, he might have developed a sense that there was something wrong with him even if he didn't exactly understand why. Of course over the years he would have asked about his mom and Edward likely made up some excuses trying to minimize the damage. The conversation between Noriko and Adrian may have lost all context to Tedd since he was just a baby at the time, but that doesn't mean no emotional scarring occurred.

18 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

While her burning out might've occurred, remember that burning out is usually temporary. It's unlikely she was burned out for 18 years. It's more likely she just decided to stop using magic. For the same reason she's saying she don't have any sister.

Yes, but magic likes drama. If she retired from monster hunting and had kids, it's possible that she has experienced no moments dramatic enough to bring her magic back.

Magic LIKES drama but I don't think it INSIST on it.

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
18 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I repeat: we don't have any comparison for dragons, but do you think Kitsune would beat Dame Tara?

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

It's also worth noting that Tedd has no idea that Noriko is a legendary monster hunter, he just stated that the last he heard, she was in Europe and apparently couldn't afford to come see him even at Christmas, we do know that Tedd was subjected to the magic analysis wand fairly constantly when he was a baby and conditioned a response from him when he heard it years later, so it's possible that even at the age of 4 if Tedd was within earshot of any arguments about him, he might have developed a sense that there was something wrong with him even if he didn't exactly understand why. Of course over the years he would have asked about his mom and Edward likely made up some excuses trying to minimize the damage. The conversation between Noriko and Adrian may have lost all context to Tedd since he was just a baby at the time, but that doesn't mean no emotional scarring occurred.

Agree: if Tedd would be scarred at 7 he would know why. And I don't think Noriko would spent years arguing with Edward AFTER the point where it was bad enough to scar Tedd. So, she likely left before Tedd started going to school.

Hmmm ... possibly she left but still kept SOME contact for few years, so Tedd's state was worsening. Or he was in same state for all multiple years but Ellen referred to third grade because she remembered it best.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When did Elliot first attack the bullies tormenting Tedd?

When Tedd recalled the day Elliot rescued Tedd from Tony, it was 4th grade, so Elliot would have had to have seen Tedd in the classroom for at least a year before the fight with Tony.

If you considering Ellen's second life stuff, Tedd was there from the first day of school and was able to get to him before Tony had a chance to bully him, Elliot likely didn't really take notice of Tedd until Tony started picking on him and it might have been a while before Elliot couldn't take seeing Tony do that anymore.

Another thing to note is Tedd's behaviour when Ellen first met him in the second life, he didn't think he was any good. Edward and Noriko were apparently divorced in that world as well and he felt it was because of him and he would have been 5 at the time.