• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday August 17, 2016

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

A "copy Cheerleadra" plan has been mentioned on the forums before, but it wouldn't do anything to draw attention away since even though it would make people look at Ellen instead of Elliot, the main 8 as a whole would still likely have to deal with the fallout.

A better plan would be to get someone they know, but aren't always seen hanging around with them, to play the part of Cheerleadra. Greg might be a good candidate for it, we know he's cosplayed as Chun-Li, so he might not be opposed to getting zapped with a Cheerleadra form. The real trick would be making sure he acts the part well enough.

A TFG-made Cheerleadra copy wouldn't have any of her powers.  Nanase can float, so she might be able to pull it off as long as no trouble starts requiring a super-hero, but what are the odds of that?

It would make much more sense to have someone else transform into Elliot, and let all three if them (Elliot, Ellen, and Cheerleadra) be seen at once.  Only question is, who could mimic his mannerisms well enough?

21 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

A TFG-made Cheerleadra copy wouldn't have any of her powers.  Nanase can float, so she might be able to pull it off as long as no trouble starts requiring a super-hero, but what are the odds of that?

It would make much more sense to have someone else transform into Elliot, and let all three if them (Elliot, Ellen, and Cheerleadra) be seen at once.  Only question is, who could mimic his mannerisms well enough?

Immediately made me think of Sara. She knows him very well but might not be able to act like him if, or rather when things go wrong.

Nanase or knows him well, but might be to hot headed to not do something irrational when things go wrong.

In the end I think Justin is most suitable to act as Elliot. He knows him well, has rather subdued powers, nothing as flashy as flying, floating or throwing beams around, and has had the same martial arts training as Elliot. When things go south he can be as athletic as Elliot has been shown to be but still not show superhuman traits.

Remember, the girls created a bunch of male forms for the TG gun in a previous canon NP arc, and Ellen was an enthusiastic part of the team. Who knows, maybe The Shive had this very situation in mind when He created that arc? 

The easiest solution would be for Ellen to be "Elliot" and Elliot to be Cheerleadra. Talk about natural casting. Or maybe supernatural casting.

(Penguin ducks flying produce)

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

The easiest solution would be for Ellen to be "Elliot" and Elliot to be Cheerleadra. Talk about natural casting. Or maybe supernatural casting.

Yeah, Ellen would be the easiest choice if she was comfortable with it, we still haven't had confirmation that being male would be bad for Ellen, just speculation from Grace that's a old information now. And then you'd need to have someone play Ellen, which I guess Nanase could probably do well enough.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, that's easy.

Elliot -> the superheroine

Ellen -> Elliot

Nanase -> Ellen (not necessarily required)

The problem with this is that they'd really prefer to not be associated with the superheroine at all. They don't want to be known as her friends, because then they become both a way of contacting her and a target for those who want to harm her but can't find her (or otherwise aren't able) to do so directly.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

The problem with this is that they'd really prefer to not be associated with the superheroine at all. They don't want to be known as her friends, because then they become both a way of contacting her and a target for those who want to harm her but can't find her (or otherwise aren't able) to do so directly.

They wouldn't have to act like friends of Cheerleadra, they'd just have to be seen with her enough to establish them as three separate people.  If they only put Elliot and Cheerleadra together, then people will instantly think of Elliot's sister.  They really do need to have all three involved to head off the most likely questions and hassles.  (Although, if it's known that Ellen has a steady girlfriend, or even "best friend," she would probably be next in line for suspicion, so ideally Nanase should be with Ellen....)

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

They wouldn't have to act like friends of Cheerleadra, they'd just have to be seen with her enough to establish them as three separate people.  If they only put Elliot and Cheerleadra together, then people will instantly think of Elliot's sister.  They really do need to have all three involved to head off the most likely questions and hassles.  (Although, if it's known that Ellen has a steady girlfriend, or even "best friend," she would probably be next in line for suspicion, so ideally Nanase should be with Ellen....)

This sounds to me like a good way to set up a Little Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly scenario. :(

6 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

In the end I think Justin is most suitable to act as Elliot. He knows him well, has rather subdued powers, nothing as flashy as flying, floating or throwing beams around, and has had the same martial arts training as Elliot. When things go south he can be as athletic as Elliot has been shown to be but still not show superhuman traits.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Elliot -> the superheroine

Ellen -> Elliot

Nanase -> Ellen (not necessarily required)

While the chain of Elliot->Ellen->Nanase->Grace->Tedd-> ... is tempting, I think the idea of keeping Ellen playing herself and make Justin pretend to be Elliot while Elliot is Cheerleadra have bigger chance for success.

They can actually do something like "meddling teenagers are helping Elliot to prove he's not Cheerleadra case" - say that it took them while to find Cheerleadra but they managed it due to their experience. That MIGHT not make them someone to contact when Cheerleadra is required.

On the other hand, perhaps it would be better to not try and Elliot to admit he's Cheerleadra.

I just thought of a truly horrifying result of Elliot being undeniably exposed as Cheerleadra: Upsetting Justin's love life. Will Luke cancel the date? Will Luke be jealous of Elliot? Well Greg lose yet another potential student? Will we ever even see Luke again? Or ever see that guy (or maybe not a guy) Luke was talking to on his phone? Will we miss out on seeing Luke turned into a girl at Grace's next birthday party? (We know Sam will be there.)

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I just thought of a truly horrifying result of Elliot being undeniably exposed as Cheerleadra: Upsetting Justin's love life. Will Luke cancel the date? Will Luke be jealous of Elliot? Well Greg lose yet another potential student? Will we ever even see Luke again? Or ever see that guy (or maybe not a guy) Luke was talking to on his phone? Will we miss out on seeing Luke turned into a girl at Grace's next birthday party? (We know Sam will be there.)

Why on earth would Luke react that badly to finding out Cheerleadra is Elliot?  First off, so far as I can recall, Luke hasn't ever met Elliot and has no idea that Justin knows is friends with him.  For all he knows, Justin was telling the truth when he said that Cheerleadra came into the shop for costume advice, and the trouble just happened to come then.  If anything, I think this would make Luke even more eager to learn more.

4 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Why on earth would Luke react that badly to finding out Cheerleadra is Elliot?

Considering he and his friend(s) are obsessed with Cheerleadra, they've got to have seen all these cameraphone videos multiple times, and probably the ones taken by at least four people with their cameraphones at the mall. Even if he refrains from charging over to the Dunkel home, his friend(s) won't and, if Luke is the good guy we think he is, he'll feel ashamed of being part of this even they don't drag him along.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Even if he refrains from charging over to the Dunkel home, his friend(s) won't and, if Luke is the good guy we think he is, he'll feel ashamed of being part of this even they don't drag him along.

You're making some pretty big assumptions about people we've never even met yet.  I'm sure there will be people tracking down Elliot Dunkel, mostly reporters at first, bu likely later on more of the weirdness groupies who have apparently been coming to Moperville since Pandora's photo-bombing the newscast.  We don't know enough about Luke's friends, or even Luke himself, to know whether they'll be among them.  Luke, at least, seems like he'd be smarter than that, and use the contacts he already has to try to get a message to Elliot/Cheerleadra rather than be one more shouting face in the annoying crowd.

37 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

weirdness groupies who have apparently been coming to Moperville since Pandora's photo-bombing the newscast.

Pandora's next photo-bomb could make the first one look like a firecracker.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

A "copy Cheerleadra" plan has been mentioned on the forums before, but it wouldn't do anything to draw attention away since even though it would make people look at Ellen instead of Elliot, the main 8 as a whole would still likely have to deal with the fallout.

A better plan would be to get someone they know, but aren't always seen hanging around with them, to play the part of Cheerleadra. Greg might be a good candidate for it, we know he's cosplayed as Chun-Li, so he might not be opposed to getting zapped with a Cheerleadra form. The real trick would be making sure he acts the part well enough.

Have Ellen copy Cheerleadra, Elliot TF'd as Ellen, and like... Tedd or someone into Elliot. Don't draw attention to it, but have all three out and about in separate locations just doing everyday stuff and "accidentally" run into each other partway through where cameras can see it.

Short of an asteroid impact or the equivalent, I can't see any way the Dunkel residence isn't going to become a zoo of reporters, curiosity seekers, and lifestyle geeks. It should provide ample opportunity for comedy.

As for giving Elliot plausible deniability about being Cheerleadra, all that's required is them being seen at the same time. There doesn't have to be any long interaction with others or with each other. That minimizes the chance of mistakes. Given the TF gun, multiple persons can be used to portray Elliot, Ellen, and Cheerleadra. Examples:

Cheerleadra (Nanase) has agreed to do a signing at Salty Crackers. Elliot and Ellen join the line to get her autograph. Justin and Grace are working the counter.

Cheerleadra (Grace) has agreed to do a similar signing at Tensided's video store. Elliot has resumed temporary employment to help with crowd control. Susan is working, too.

Cheerleadra (Elliot) is seen in the park talking to Ellen, Nanase, and Elliot (Tedd).

No one yet knows much about Cheerleadra's personality or habits, so anyone who can hover a bit should be able to portray her. They could conceivably play an impressive shell game, just as long as they don't get too cute. No long speeches. No press conferences.

2 hours ago, exterminator said:

What if Pandora decides to portray Cheerleadra when Elliot is in a public place?

How about when Elliot is being interviewed? Pandora would then have the complete attention of the media and could just say anything she wanted. Lying certainly doesn't seem to be prohibited, and telling half-truths fits right into what Pandora was doing when she met Blaise. Even if Pandora doesn't particularly care about Elliot, he is Tedd's friend, and deflecting the media from Elliot lessens the chances the newshounds will pick up Tedd's scent.

But given the last panel of 8-19-2016's story installment, Pandora may be more focused on finding the interfering Immortal. And I kind of think the Will of Magic section has ended and we won't see Pandora again for awhile. Unless The Shive really wants to quash Elliot's exposure quickly.

Once Pandora does this, Helena and Demetrius are going to know Pandora's involved for sure. Whether they will interfere or co-operate with Pandora's fixit plans is anyone's guess; quite probably both. If they decide to challenge her during the interview like they did at the mall, media frenzy will ramp up again, and Roswell will lose whatever is left of it's crackpot tourist traffic.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But given the last panel of 8-19-2016's story installment, Pandora may be more focused on finding the interfering Immortal. And I kind of think the Will of Magic section has ended and we won't see Pandora again for awhile. Unless The Shive really wants to quash Elliot's exposure quickly.

Pandora could even do that to help Elliot in a "he's Tedd's best friend and all this new attention could be bad for both him and Tedd" kinda way, but yeah the main thing would be to lure out the Immortal that was messing with Elliot. Probable not likely to happen before Sirleck makes a move on Adrian though.

10 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The fix for Elliot = Cheerleadra issue.

Don't.  Go to Tony Stark "I'm Iron Man" route.

We do not need the equivalent of the "Civil War" happen in the Main Eight.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Pandora could even do that to help Elliot in a "he's Tedd's best friend and all this new attention could be bad for both him and Tedd" kinda way, but yeah the main thing would be to lure out the Immortal that was messing with Elliot. Probable not likely to happen before Sirleck makes a move on Adrian though.

Well, in a way we do already.  DGB vs Main 8.  How many secrets are they keeping from each other now?

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, in a way we do already.  DGB vs Main 8.  How many secrets are they keeping from each other now?

Would be hard to count before they have chance to say something about last two days. I mean, sure, Tedd wants to keep something secret, but they still have lot of things which they presumably WOULD like to share. At least with Edward.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

How would THAT lure out the Immortal? Public appearance are more likely to scare him off. At least as far as Pandora knows - of course, WE know that Voltaire already knows Pandora is involved.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

If they decide to challenge her during the interview like they did at the mall, media frenzy will ramp up again, and Roswell will lose whatever is left of it's crackpot tourist traffic.

Even without the challenge, after what happened in the mall hardly anyone would remain in Roswell.