• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday August 17, 2016

At least this confirms that our favorite lying liar who lies believed he was acting within the limits of Immortal Law.  If he had any doubt, there would have been more interfering parties than just Les Immortels.

Although I am now imagining a situation after Dame Tara had been distracted by Ashley.  The Unfortunately-Named-Cheerleader-Themed-Super-Heroine was speaking and the Kentucky Fried Immortal made his dramatic entrance.  If the other immortals had forced him to reset there in the Mall, Tara might very well think that the Elliot had somehow incapacitated the immortal who had been guiding her.   If Tara was angry before...

Yup, Pandora was busy with Sarah while all of this was going down, and since she didn't bother paying attention to Carol when the elder sister left, or to the news broadcast made by Carol, she remains unaware of the events at the Mall.

Anyway, it seems that Arthur J. Arthur was correct in his assessment way back when the Masquerade was blown open--it was the method of getting Magic that is the true secret that must be kept from the general public.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At least this confirms that our favorite lying liar who lies believed he was acting within the limits of Immortal Law.  If he had any doubt, there would have been more interfering parties than just Les Immortels.

Although I am now imagining a situation after Dame Tara had been distracted by Ashley.  The Unfortunately-Named-Cheerleader-Themed-Super-Heroine was speaking and the Kentucky Fried Immortal made his dramatic entrance.  If the other immortals had forced him to reset there in the Mall, Tara might very well think that the Elliot had somehow incapacitated the immortal who had been guiding her.   If Tara was angry before...

I think Tara was already questioning Voltaire's motives just prior to his appearance there. If not, I would think that Helena would have still made her appearance to make sure Tara was informed of Voltaire breaking Immortal law and being forced to reset. Helena did say that Voltaire was pushing the "guide and empower" rule as far as it would bend, so it's likely that Voltaire is doing the same as Pandora in that if he believes he's not breaking the law, then he isn't.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Pissed off Demigoddess of Chaos vs Scheming Liar who Lies, only on Pay for View!

This harks back to the days of The Goo.

Both this story strip and the NP strip seem to me like Friday strips. I hope this doesn't portend a five-day-and-maybe-more delay.

And doesn't this strip seem co-ordinated with the NP strip? Hint: Is there a character in the NP strip who we know was at the mall when the incident Chaos is just about to learn about happened?

I wonder if Ashley is up yet...

I'm not too concerned at this time that magic will change the rules. I figure Tedd would reasonably quickly get people back and able to use it - considering what his power is, I'm gonna call "foreshadowed all over the place" on "it will change, Tedd will fix things, and (almost) everyone will end up happy"

36 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Emissary: All of this was to give your son a better future?

Pandora: Yes.

Emissary: Now that I can understand.

I'm going to be very disappointed if the Emissary isn't Edward.

I'm more inclined to believe that Disco Wizard was pushing Pandora through several excuses for wanting magic for everyone and now got to the truth of why she did it.

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Considering how useless he was in guiding her and how angry Tara still was, I don't think it would be THAT bad.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think Tara was already questioning Voltaire's motives just prior to his appearance there. If not, I would think that Helena would have still made her appearance to make sure Tara was informed of Voltaire breaking Immortal law and being forced to reset. Helena did say that Voltaire was pushing the "guide and empower" rule as far as it would bend, so it's likely that Voltaire is doing the same as Pandora in that if he believes he's not breaking the law, then he isn't.

Yes. With Voltaire disappearing at wrong moment, it might become necessary for Helena to show herself (instead of how it happened where they would reach the conclusion themselves), but that isn't really problem, it will be just guiding.

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yup, Pandora was busy with Sarah while all of this was going down, and since she didn't bother paying attention to Carol when the elder sister left, or to the news broadcast made by Carol, she remains unaware of the events at the Mall.

She probably predicted something newsworthy will happen with Elliot and Ashley, but didn't know about Tara ...

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

Anyway, it seems that Arthur J. Arthur was correct in his assessment way back when the Masquerade was blown open--it was the method of getting Magic that is the true secret that must be kept from the general public.

Now, question is: did he just guessed it correctly, or does he have some informations about magic reset?

7 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm not too concerned at this time that magic will change the rules. I figure Tedd would reasonably quickly get people back and able to use it - considering what his power is, I'm gonna call "foreshadowed all over the place" on "it will change, Tedd will fix things, and (almost) everyone will end up happy"

Tedd fixing things like actually reverting the change would be weird.

Either they somehow prevent the change, or the change happens and it wouldn't be as bad as we were led to believe, possibly due to Tedd quickly helping with rediscovering magic ... at least to main "eight", or maybe also DGB.

1 hour ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I'm going to be very disappointed if the Emissary isn't Edward.

... well, better idea than that it's Pandora. But I think there are lot more fathers who understand the "to give your son a better future". And mothers of course, but we have no reason to assume Disco Wizard is changing gender.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'm more inclined to believe that Disco Wizard was pushing Pandora through several excuses for wanting magic for everyone and now got to the truth of why she did it.

I don't think the excuses are false but this one rings the truest of all.

Latest crackpot theorizing: Edward is the Disco Wizard

Supporting Evidence:

Pandora entered Grace's bedroom before entering her dreams. This suggests that the spell for entering dreams has a short range. It doesn't mean Pandora had to be at short range, but we do know that some spells (i.e., Ellen's copy spell) have limited ranges. 

Grace is in Edward's house.

Edward is probably also asleep.  when he is using his spell. Being asleep and dreaming himself would be a better explanation than "Use this spell which you don't know what does."

Disco Wizard says "Now that I can understand" after Pandora tells him she's trying to expose magic to make a better world for her son. That is spot-on Edward.

Okay. I wonder how soon The Shive will shoot this one down?

22 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Latest crackpot theorizing: Edward is the Disco Wizard

Supporting Evidence:

Pandora entered Grace's bedroom before entering her dreams. This suggests that the spell for entering dreams has a short range. It doesn't mean Pandora had to be at short range, but we do know that some spells (i.e., Ellen's copy spell) have limited ranges. 

Grace is in Edward's house.

Edward is probably also asleep.  when he is using his spell. Being asleep and dreaming himself would be a better explanation than "Use this spell which you don't know what does."

Disco Wizard says "Now that I can understand" after Pandora tells him she's trying to expose magic to make a better world for her son. That is spot-on Edward.

Okay. I wonder how soon The Shive will shoot this one down?

My fun, off the wall theory about Disco Wizard is that it's Greg.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Pandora appeared to shrink herself down and physically enter Grace's dream though. Also, Nanase's fairy avatar spell seems to have a pretty good range on it since she's been able to reach Elliot/Ellen's house from the Dojo, Susan's house on the way to school, where ever it was that Abraham took Ellen, and more recently from Charlotte's apartment to the wooded area that Elliot and the griffins went to.

The spell Disco Wizard has been using to contact Grace was given to him, and Pandora said it wouldn't be difficult to locate his physical body, if it was Edward disguised as Disco Wizard, Pandora would know that and call him out on it.

The DW is not Edward.

Check the freckles, the DW is Catalina.

And on another point, just by typing DW, I now have the line "When there's trouble you call D W" stuck in my head.

I may need to break out my Dark Wing Duck DVDs.  Let's get dangerous.

If he was Edward, then likely whatever spell he is doing in his sleep is disguising him as a sagely figure to get the point across with the mission to get Grace off her bum to solve the mystery like the meddling teen she is friends with.

Or Edward thinks of himself as an old man who has seen some tough sugar honey iced tea in his career.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Nanase's fairy avatar spell seems to have a pretty good range on it

Clearly, all spells are not created equal. And there is sort of a range limitation on Nanase's fairy doll spell--to create one, she has to have been where she's creating the new one. Plus, the doll is "tuned" to only one recipient. Nanase was only able to make a new doll for Elliot because she had already been all over that patch of woods looking for a certain lockpicking gorilla.

There's another explanation for why we are shown Pandora in Grace's room: To make it clear that Grace is asleep and dreaming. Also to get in that ominious line about Grace's last dream. Pandora, like Magic Itself, also has a flair for the dramatic.

57 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Check the freckles, the DW is Catalina.

Catalina would be an amazon warrior catgirl.

28 minutes ago, RainbowWizard said:

Or Edward thinks of himself as an old man who has seen some tough sugar honey iced tea in his career.

Just being Tedd's dad sounds to me like some tough suger iced tea. 

16 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Nanase's fairy avatar spell seems to have a pretty good range on it

Clearly, all spells are not created equal. And there is sort of a range limitation on Nanase's fairy doll spell--to create one, she has to have been where she's creating the new one.

If she can create doll in France from US, that's pretty big range. Also, was she ever in Japan?

16 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's another explanation for why we are shown Pandora in Grace's room: To make it clear that Grace is asleep and dreaming. Also to get in that ominious line about Grace's last dream. Pandora, like Magic Itself, also has a flair for the dramatic.

Agree. Also, the "Enter Grace's dream" spell DW is using may have "astral travel" component - that would make him ALSO sort of entering Grace's head. (Pandora, as immortal, is completely on astral plane, but humans needs to keep their physical body where it is when astral traveling.)

53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

humans needs to keep their physical body where it is when astral traveling.

We don't know that astral travelling works that way in the Moperverse. I'm only familiar with the GURPS Magic version of astral travel; I never owned or read through the D&D Manual of the Planes. 

53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If she can create doll in France from US, that's pretty big range. Also, was she ever in Japan?

We've never seen Nanase use a doll outside Moperville. However, Susan's doll spell has an awesome range, unless she hauled her "treasure chest" along on the eight-hour drive to Jerry's cave.

And now I want to talk about Ashley. As of this Sunday morning, Ashley has:

• Seen magic used by Elliot, Voltaire, Tara, Helena, and Nanase.
  • Heard Tara say that Diane is a potential vampire hunter
  • Heard that Diane is Susan's sister
  • Been recognized by Catalina as being the girl she saw with Cheerleadra

Assuming Catalina went home, what she tells her parental units about her date should be interesting, especially if they've seen Carol Brown on Channel Four. And, of course, way more interesting if she isn't home yet...

9 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Been recognized by Catalina as being the girl she saw with Cheerleadra

I read Catalina's remark as more realizing that the girl with Ashley was Elliot, Dan's commentary of that did state that Catalina likely would have known about Ashley and Elliot's date, she'd probably seen Ashley around in school, and then when she saw her in the mall would have been like "Isn't she supposed to be on a date with Elliot? who's that girl that just turned into cheerleadra?"

18 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Assuming Catalina went home, what she tells her parental units about her date should be interesting, especially if they've seen Carol Brown on Channel Four. And, of course, way more interesting if she isn't home yet...

I honestly believe that Catalina will keep quiet about it, she considers Elliot a friend and after what happened earlier in the week, she'll probably want to think before leaping. My guess is she'll want to talk to Elliot on Monday.