• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday August 17, 2016

51 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

humans needs to keep their physical body where it is when astral traveling.

We don't know that astral travelling works that way in the Moperverse. I'm only familiar with the GURPS Magic version of astral travel; I never owned or read through the D&D Manual of the Planes. 

Forgot to mention it was just hypothesis. Not sure why would GURPS or D&D be relevant to Moperverse.

52 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

We've never seen Nanase use a doll outside Moperville. However, Susan's doll spell has an awesome range, unless she hauled her "treasure chest" along on the eight-hour drive to Jerry's cave.

True, we didn't. And she might omitted such limit when speaking about the spell. On the other hand, she WAS in France, so it's POSSIBLE she can create doll there.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:
55 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Assuming Catalina went home, what she tells her parental units about her date should be interesting, especially if they've seen Carol Brown on Channel Four. And, of course, way more interesting if she isn't home yet...

I honestly believe that Catalina will keep quiet about it, she considers Elliot a friend and after what happened earlier in the week, she'll probably want to think before leaping. My guess is she'll want to talk to Elliot on Monday.

I honestly believe she'll try. But, unlike Ashley, Catalina isn't good at keeping secrets ...

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I honestly believe she'll try. But, unlike Ashley, Catalina isn't good at keeping secrets ...

Thanks for linking that, because the previous page, Catalina asks "so how's hero boy working out" why would she refer to him as "Hero Boy"? Well she probably is well aware of his fight with the goo and and the "evil monkey" plus all the bullies he's fought. Now Elliot didn't seem to go out a Cheerleadra much during the 6 month timeskip aside from showing up at the video store for Tensaided. But when Catalina saw Cheerleadra with Ashley, she could have started putting 2 and 2 together "Ashley's supposed to be on a date with Elliot right now but is with an unknown girl, girls just transformed into a superhero, Elliot acts like a hero in school, what if he can transform?"

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
49 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Thanks for linking that, because the previous page, Catalina asks "so how's hero boy working out" why would she refer to him as "Hero Boy"? Well she probably is well aware of his fight with the goo and and the "evil monkey" plus all the bullies he's fought. Now Elliot didn't seem to go out a Cheerleadra much during the 6 month timeskip aside from showing up at the video store for Tensaided. But when Catalina saw Cheerleadra with Ashley, she could have started putting 2 and 2 together "Ashley's supposed to be on a date with Elliot right now but is with an unknown girl, girls just transformed into a superhero, Elliot acts like a hero in school, what if he can transform?"

Would sound even more obvious if we add that Catalina herself probably can transform.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Would sound even more obvious if we add that Catalina herself probably can transform.

If she can transform, she's certainly been able to keep that a secret.

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure why would GURPS or D&D be relevant to the Moperverse.

Well, Fallout was originally supposed to use the GURPS system. While I don't know if The Shive ever played GURPS, I do know he plays Fallout. Also, GURPS and D&D comprise most of my knowledge of astral planes and such; I am not an occultist.

45 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, she WAS in France, so it's POSSIBLE she can create a doll there.

Maybe, if she has met the person she's creating the doll for and there isn't already a doll created for that person unless Nanase can change her own form enough...

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure why would GURPS or D&D be relevant to the Moperverse.

Well, Fallout was originally supposed to use the GURPS system. While I don't know if The Shive ever played GURPS, I do know he plays Fallout. Also, GURPS and D&D comprise most of my knowledge of astral planes and such; I am not an occultist.

I'm not occultist  either, but I read too much to remember where I get which piece of information.

It's true that Dan doesn't seem such type, based on his recent question about what he should read ... but that would actually make MORE likely he will base Moperverse rules on something which is not widely known.

11 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, she WAS in France, so it's POSSIBLE she can create a doll there.

Maybe, if she has met the person she's creating the doll for and there isn't already a doll created for that person unless Nanase can change her own form enough...

... so, not Noriko probably. :)

If it would be just question of testing the range, she could create doll for receptionist of that hotel they were in or someone like that. Sure, the way Susan is telling it seems the vampire and immortals are only people they met in France, but I find it improbable.

(That person with all france stuff with price tags was probably fellow student.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

If Susan met Noriko in France, it would have to have been after she killed the vampire. Now, up until New Years Eve, Nanase didn't know Aunt Noriko had magic, so she could have met up with her and Susan would have met Noriko too. But since Susan didn't know Tedd's parents were divorced until less than a year ago (from the morning after the mall madness) she couldn't have known Noriko was Tedd's mother before then.

12 minutes ago, ijuin said:

In http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2222  Disco Wizard implies that he would not even recall who Grace is without the spell, so I think that speaks for the notion that he does not know Grace in his waking life.

Ooh, good point!  That would rule out not only Edward, but Greg as well.

Who do we know of that has no idea who Grace is?  Nanase's mom, maybe?  She'd probably have heard Grace's name, though.  Same with parents of any of the Main Eight.  Perhaps a teacher at the other high school?  Yes, I know it could be someone we haven't seen yet, but there's nowhere to speculate from there.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Who do we know of that has no idea who Grace is?  Nanase's mom, maybe?  She'd probably have heard Grace's name, though.  Same with parents of any of the Main Eight.  Perhaps a teacher at the other high school?  Yes, I know it could be someone we haven't seen yet, but there's nowhere to speculate from there.

Nanase would have told her mom about Grace since she's already mentioned her being Tedd's girlfriend. I imagine Mama Kitsune would have wanted details after Nanase got back from their double date.

Of course, if you meant Mama Kitsune has no idea that Grace is a shapeshifting hybrid alien/human/squirrel/lespuko, that still remains to be seen, but we know that she knows more than she's letting on.

On 8/17/2016 at 5:31 PM, hkmaly said:

Considering how useless he was in guiding her and how angry Tara still was, I don't think it would be THAT bad.

Yes. With Voltaire disappearing at wrong moment, it might become necessary for Helena to show herself (instead of how it happened where they would reach the conclusion themselves), but that isn't really problem, it will be just guiding.

She probably predicted something newsworthy will happen with Elliot and Ashley, but didn't know about Tara ...

Now, question is: did he just guessed it correctly, or does he have some informations about magic reset?

Tedd fixing things like actually reverting the change would be weird.

Either they somehow prevent the change, or the change happens and it wouldn't be as bad as we were led to believe, possibly due to Tedd quickly helping with rediscovering magic ... at least to main "eight", or maybe also DGB.

... well, better idea than that it's Pandora. But I think there are lot more fathers who understand the "to give your son a better future". And mothers of course, but we have no reason to assume Disco Wizard is changing gender.

I see that the idea it's Mamase has already been suggested...

22 hours ago, Scotty said:

And Elliot's place from Susan's place.

Other spells? Oh, let's see.

Long-range spells: Nanase: fairydoll; fairy self-scrying; clothing swap. Susan: summon magical copy of object from box; distance from her a (semi-independent) fairydoll can fly (maybe - it definitely isn't restricted to line-of-sight). Sarah: distance she can travel in spell-space (maybe, since it isn't determined). Grace: telekinesis (maybe, depending on exactly how she flies - does she push the planet away from herself, from at least a couple thousand feet up?).

Short-range spells: Nanase: fae punch. Ellen: at least two beams. Tedd: TFG.

Touch-range spells: Justin: whatever you want to call the blow he hit the fireguy with.

Self spells: Nanase: hair change; illusions; hovering; Guardian form. Tedd: genderswap; shapeshift. Grace: shapeshift. Elliot: genderswap; superheroine (has lots of aspects just by itself). Justin: illusions. Ellen: Guardian form (maybe).

Area effects centered on self: Nanase: how many are looking? Elliot, Ellen: Tamashii Gekido

Did I forget any?

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If Susan met Noriko in France, it would have to have been after she killed the vampire. Now, up until New Years Eve, Nanase didn't know Aunt Noriko had magic, so she could have met up with her and Susan would have met Noriko too. But since Susan didn't know Tedd's parents were divorced until less than a year ago (from the morning after the mall madness) she couldn't have known Noriko was Tedd's mother before then.

Sooo ... after they kill the vampire, they will just by chance meet Noriko and somehow neither the vampire nor Nanase having magic nor Noriko's divorce won't get discussed ? Crazily unlikely.

It would actually make more sense for Nanase to meet Noriko earlier, like years before France, still in US. But she was probably too young when Noriko left to remember her good enough. Also, with her mum not liking Noriko ...

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Tedd: genderswap; shapeshift.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Did I forget any?

Tedd can shapeshift others on touch.

54 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
2 hours ago, ijuin said:

We haven't seen that demonstrated yet, though Ashley might volunteer . . .

If Sam finds out about it, I'm pretty sure he'll be an eager volunteer.

Ashley have headstart. She may end up being transformed before Sam's date.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Other spells? Oh, let's see.

Long-range spells: Nanase: fairydoll; fairy self-scrying; clothing swap. Susan: summon magical copy of object from box; distance from her a (semi-independent) fairydoll can fly (maybe - it definitely isn't restricted to line-of-sight). Sarah: distance she can travel in spell-space (maybe, since it isn't determined). Grace: telekinesis (maybe, depending on exactly how she flies - does she push the planet away from herself, from at least a couple thousand feet up?).

Short-range spells: Nanase: fae punch. Ellen: at least two beams. Tedd: TFG.

Touch-range spells: Justin: whatever you want to call the blow he hit the fireguy with.

Self spells: Nanase: hair change; illusions; hovering; Guardian form. Tedd: genderswap; shapeshift. Grace: shapeshift. Elliot: genderswap; superheroine (has lots of aspects just by itself). Justin: illusions. Ellen: Guardian form (maybe).

Area effects centered on self: Nanase: how many are looking? Elliot, Ellen: Tamashii Gekido

Grace's telekinesis is multi-range, it can be self to allow her to fly, short to long to move objects, definitely short range projection for the shield.

Justin's spell is more of a self buff with a visual effect, he might even be able to turn that off like Nanase could with the glow when she first used the fairy avatar spell.

Tedd's genderswap spell, is both a self spell, and a touch spell since he can transform others by touching them.

Ellen's guardian form was gained by using the copy spell on Nanase, and the copy spell is short range spell that affects herself.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ellen's guardian form was gained by using the copy spell on Nanase, and the copy spell is short range spell that affects herself.

Maybe Ellen can use her copy spell on Cheerleadra. But...it might have the same limit as Nanase's guardian spell. It was very hard for Ellen to copy that, and to be a convincing Cheerleadra, Ellen has to copy not only the form but the powers.

If Ellen can do it, though, she can solve the "Elliot Dunkel" problem...for awhile. Of course, then people might notice later that Ellen kinda looks like Cheerleadra...

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe Ellen can use her copy spell on Cheerleadra. But...it might have the same limit as Nanase's guardian spell. It was very hard for Ellen to copy that, and to be a convincing Cheerleadra, Ellen has to copy not only the form but the powers.

If Ellen can do it, though, she can solve the "Elliot Dunkel" problem...for awhile. Of course, then people might notice later that Ellen kinda looks like Cheerleadra...

A "copy Cheerleadra" plan has been mentioned on the forums before, but it wouldn't do anything to draw attention away since even though it would make people look at Ellen instead of Elliot, the main 8 as a whole would still likely have to deal with the fallout.

A better plan would be to get someone they know, but aren't always seen hanging around with them, to play the part of Cheerleadra. Greg might be a good candidate for it, we know he's cosplayed as Chun-Li, so he might not be opposed to getting zapped with a Cheerleadra form. The real trick would be making sure he acts the part well enough.