• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

What Are You Doing Right Now?

That Pokemon Phylogeny project? Just put up what I did on mammals onto the Brawl in the Family forums. Here it is, if anyone wants to take a look.

Waiting on my Adderall and caffeine buzz to kick in and trying to decide which of 3 projects I will be working on.   Two are writing projects and one is cleaning the kitchen.   I'm leaning toward writing with a promise to clean the kitchen on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Also turning the AC way down so I don't end up pigging like a sweat all day.

Going back to bed.  Even if tonight is the night my check gets deposited right now I really don't feel like paying all my bills at midnight.  See y'all in the morning.  Around 10

Checking to make sure the weird borderline insulting posts to here and Grrl Power forum were in fact dreams or hallucinations.  They seem to have been. Going back to sleep.

Freaking out.  Got to call the shrink ASAP.  Having a hard time telling dreams or hallucinations from reality.  Not quite bad enough to call 911 but damn sure bad enough to call the clinic when it opens.

57 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Freaking out.  Got to call the shrink ASAP.  Having a hard time telling dreams or hallucinations from reality.  Not quite bad enough to call 911 but damn sure bad enough to call the clinic when it opens.

Definitely not good. Take good care of yourself. Keep hydrated, try to avoid sugar crashes. I am not sure what else to do, only that you need as few extra stressors as possible and that low blood sugar never seems to help.

And keep us posted, please?

50 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Definitely not good. Take good care of yourself. Keep hydrated, try to avoid sugar crashes. I am not sure what else to do, only that you need as few extra stressors as possible and that low blood sugar never seems to help.

And keep us posted, please?

What tOH said. Take care!

Trying to pay my bills via phone, other than rent, which I do on line.  My phone has decided to give me "no service".  Didn't do that an hour ago.

Going back to bed.

[edit]

OK phone working.  Payed Electric company.  On first try Cox "stable? you want that?" Cable's over the phone system crashed on me.  Oddly it spoke out the error, which was weird.  2nd try worked.  Paying Drop box caused Dropbox and Yandisk to get into a fight over files, because drop box reversed which folder of theirs was the real folder and which one was the symlink, which confused Yandisk, who is taking 5 to hassle this out.

Taking an Ativan and going back to bed.  Again.

The limitations of my 11" tablet as both a writing device and a web browser have forced me to get a lap top.  Got a Grade C Dell e5430 from New Egg for $107.  I eat cheap for the month.  Meh.  Should arrive on Monday.  With any luck Monday night I'll have Ubuntu loaded on it and I will have a portable (read bedroom and shrinks office) machine for writing and web browsing.  I has a (provisional) happy.

Earlier tonight, my several-years-old iPad2 dropped about a foot and a half onto the floor, cracking the screen significantly more than the last two times it fell hard enough to cause damage.  (The first time it fell the screen was fine but the volume button was permanently damaged.)  The worst damage was to the "home" button, which lost its little cover and, unlike the similarly-damaged power button on my laptop, it does not work to push the exposed mechanism beneath, despite being able to feel the little post in the center depress with a slight click.  There are a number of important things I can not do without that button, and the glass around it has sharp edges.

In other words, I can no longer just continue to use it any longer.  I am going to have to pony up for a new one.  My usual tactic with computer stuff is to get as good as I can reasonably afford, but not get useless (to me) stuff.  Thus, I want to get a relatively new model, but *not* spend the extra that Cellular versions would cost.  So far, Target is out of stock everywhere and can't ship, and Best Buy apparently only sells Cellular models with 12 to 24-month commitments, which don't include my cell company anyway.  I'm moving on to the Apple store site to see how much it would cost to just buy direct....

Not watching the this weeks show of "The Grand Tour."  I pulled my back out getting groceries out of the car and do not think I can deal with Clarkson, Hammond and May while on muscle relaxants and/or low grade pain meds.

Debating whether or not to call the power company to report a blackout.

On the one hand, it's a block-wide outage.

On the other hand, it's one-thirty in the morning. Nobody's at work, and I doubt their robots will be any help. 

I'm gonna call 'em. It's a block-wide black-out and I can at least leave a message. 

At least the stuff in the fridge won't freeze...

[Edit] Never mind. The robot told me to call the service provider.  Which is closed because it's one-thirty in the morning. This isn't something the robots can handle.  Guess it's waiting 'til morning,  then.

[Edit 2] Double never mind.  Power's back. 

Trying to decide if I want to actually get up or sleep some more.  If I sleep I suspect I will be asleep until noon or later.  Either way not happy about being awake at ought four thirty.