• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday August 19, 2016

Trouble is, Voltaire can always just vanish so that Pandora can't sense him.  She's got to figure out a way to get her hands on him without warning.

People have been speculating about Edward being Disco Wizard, which triggered me wondering....how the heck has Elliot not gotten a call from Edward the minute word of the incident at the mall got out??

27 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Trouble is, Voltaire can always just vanish so that Pandora can't sense him.  She's got to figure out a way to get her hands on him without warning.

People have been speculating about Edward being Disco Wizard, which triggered me wondering....how the heck has Elliot not gotten a call from Edward the minute word of the incident at the mall got out??

Edward doesn't watch much TV, I'd wager. He got a call from Agent Cranium to watch Arthur's interview.

From Pandora's reaction in the second panel, I think that we can safely assume that she has an interest in the welfare of Tedd's friends, if for no greater reason than because they are his friends and allies.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

From Pandora's reaction in the second panel, I think that we can safely assume that she has an interest in the welfare of Tedd's friends, if for no greater reason than because they are his friends and allies.

I wonder why the line was cut short though? Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I can't help but wonder if she was gonna say soulmate. Hear me out. In every universe we've seen but one Elliot and Tedd have been together, in universes where Elliot was a woman they were also dating. Finally, that one universe without Elliot, that is the one with LORD Tedd. All of this seems to imply that Elliot is a central figure in Tedd's life, perhaps even mire so then Grace.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

In the comic, we have only seen a short amount of time from Elliot's point of view since he was outed. The last time we saw Elliot, it probably hadn't hit the news yet. I imagine that Edward did call Elliot, though, before the two of them turned if for the night.

11 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

In the comic, we have only seen a short amount of time from Elliot's point of view since he was outed. The last time we saw Elliot, it probably hadn't hit the news yet. I imagine that Edward did call Elliot, though, before the two of them turned if for the night.

Yes, that's what set off the thought -- if it were Edward, which I was already pretty skeptical about, then you can be sure he wouldn't have gone to sleep only knowing what had been on the news!

So, last panel.  Just a reminder that the EGS fandom's latest waifu has sharp pointy teeth and claws.
Also on who the Disco Wizard is. I don't believe in conservation of detail, and based on the size of the cast of EGS, neither does Dan. I am willing to bet 10 of whatever it is there we bet with that he or she is no one we know about as yet.

So far, the entire arc has been a partial redemption of Pandora. I'd say she has anti-villain status by now. Actually, outside that stuff with Magus and the end of Sister II, we haven't seen her do anything too "evil". Except for some of her more violent outbursts, she doesn't even seem as crazy as you'd expect her to be: this conversation has been downright reasonable at times.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Also on who the Disco Wizard is. I don't believe in conservation of detail, and based on the size of the cast of EGS, neither does Dan. I am willing to bet 10 of whatever it is there we bet with that he or she is no one we know about as yet.

I agree.  It was pretty obvious back when Disco Wizard said he didn't know Grace in his waking life that he was someone who doesn't know Grace in his waking life.  :) 

Panel-by-panel analysis time!

Panel 1: You missed it! That's what happened! Aw man, it was pretty great. There was a cheerleader and a cat thing... You really had to be there.

Panel 2: Seems like Pandora knows that Cheerleadra is Tedd's friend. She has been keeping an eye on Tedd, so this probably isn't news.

Panel 3: So... "So A Date at the Mall", TL;DR version.

Panel 4: Pandora facepalm.

Panel 5: Can't react. The giant words in the next panel are distracting me.

Panel 6: Er, Pandora... You got something going on with your eye. And teeth. It's... You know, whatever, it's fine.

Commentary: T-shirt and boxers, no, no, yes, no, yes, Gandalf robes, magic, glasses arms, more magic, Quebec City.

12 hours ago, ijuin said:

11 hours ago, animalia said:

I wonder why the line was cut short though? Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I can't help but wonder if she was gonna say soulmate. Hear me out. In every universe we've seen but one Elliot and Tedd have been together, in universes where Elliot was a woman they were also dating. Finally, that one universe without Elliot, that is the one with LORD Tedd. All of this seems to imply that Elliot is a central figure in Tedd's life, perhaps even mire so then Grace.

7 hours ago, Zorua said:

Panel 2: Seems like Pandora knows that Cheerleadra is Tedd's friend. She has been keeping an eye on Tedd, so this probably isn't news.

For Animalia's comment, she might have cut the sentence short because she didn't want to say exactly who Cheerleadra was, though that was made moot when DW finished the recap. It might also be that she wanted to get the rest of the details quickly.

For the rest, if Pandora does care about the well being of Tedd's friends, then that seems to throw a wrench in the idea that Pandora was behind the bulldog dragon. Unless she knew that it wouldn't kill Cheerleadra. Voltaire's attempt to kill Elliot using Tara was referred to as Plan A which would logically mean it was his first attempt to kill Elliot, of course maybe he had Plans 0-9 first, and then got into the alphabet?

Also, I believe this chapter should be nicknamed "The Many Faces of Chaos" because I think we just saw pretty much all aspects of her right here.

So Pandora pops into the security office of the mall, distracts the staff into leaving the room, and watches the security camera footage from last night.
She may recognize Voltaire and/or Les Immortels.  She will be impressed by Ashley.  She could have a few choice words about mall security.

Or is that too reasonable?

As for the Glasses, they probably stay in place the same way Teddy Roosevelt's glasses stay in place on Mt Rushmore.

And why the question about Quebec.  Les Immortels are not French.  They are Québécois who just happened to be in Paris when Nanase and Susan encountered the aberration.  I have no evidence to support this claim, so it may belong in the poly tics thread.

Things have just gotten serious.

On a side note, it's good to know that Pandora's more of a neutral person.... I need to explain more.....

She's not entirely Good, but she's also not Evil either. Just someone in between the two, with bigger goals in mind. Kind of like Dr. Universe from Spinnerette. There are other examples, but that's the only one I can think of at the moment.

I'm adding this because of last time someone replied to my post. I hope I didn't offend anyone this time...............

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And why the question about Quebec.  Les Immortels are not French.  They are Québécois who just happened to be in Paris when Nanase and Susan encountered the aberration.  I have no evidence to support this claim, so it may belong in the poly tics thread.

They haven't spoken french in a while so I doubt they're Quebecois.

32 minutes ago, Darkxemjas said:

Things have just gotten serious.

On a side note, it's good to know that Pandora's more of a neutral person.... I need to explain more.....

She's not entirely Good, but she's also not Evil either. Just someone in between the two, with bigger goals in mind. Kind of like Dr. Universe from Spinnerette. There are other examples, but that's the only one I can think of at the moment.

I'm adding this because of last time someone replied to my post. I hope I didn't offend anyone this time...............

So she is Chaotic Neutral?

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yes, that's what set off the thought -- if it were Edward, which I was already pretty skeptical about, then you can be sure he wouldn't have gone to sleep only knowing what had been on the news!

Yeah, this is a strong blow against my idea.

2 hours ago, Pippa's Ghost said:

I agree.  It was pretty obvious back when Disco Wizard said he didn't know Grace in his waking life that he was someone who doesn't know Grace in his waking life.  :) 

Eh, the idea is that both Grace and the Wizard are dreaming, so the Emissary doesn't actually know what he knows when awake.

Okay, Disco Wizard is probably not Edward after all, unless he is. I'm running out of suspects that are actually part of EGS. But here's one suspect who actually has a connection to disco! Who else?

Demonic Duck!

Yes, the demonic duck. He's worn sunglasses before, he knows illusion magic. He's probably (small i) immortal. He thinks he's cool. He is...

(pause for dramatic effect)

The Disco Duck!

(Now I'm going to go hide while you try to get that song out of your heads)

7 hours ago, animalia said:

Hmm, if Elliot were Tedd's soul mate (and come to think of it, that might have been a motivator for giving Elliot a girly transformation via the whole "Sister" plot), then I would have expected that Pandora would be trying to play matchmaker for them a bit . . .

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

For Animalia's comment, she might have cut the sentence short because she didn't want to say exactly who Cheerleadra was, though that was made moot when DW finished the recap. It might also be that she wanted to get the rest of the details quickly.

For the rest, if Pandora does care about the well being of Tedd's friends, then that seems to through a wrench in the idea that Pandora was behind the bulldog dragon. Unless she knew that it wouldn't kill Cheerleadra. Voltaire's attempt to kill Elliot using Tara was referred to as Plan A which would logically mean it was his first attempt to kill Elliot, of course maybe he had Plans 0-9 first, and then got into the alphabet?

On the other hand, if Pandora wasn't behind the bulldog dragon, then it's very likely that it WAS Voltaire . . . Perhaps he found out that Cheerleadra was too tough to withstand the bulldog dragon (being merely stunned by its direct blast which would have killed an ordinary unprotected human), and tried to up the ante by getting a more powerful being (like a griffin)? But then that raises the question of why it took him seven months to make his second attempt, given that Elliot's death was apparently a high enough priority to him that he wouldn't likely wait that long without trying anything.

1 hour ago, animalia said:

So she is Chaotic Neutral?

That has been my idea or at least a year in real time.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Okay, Disco Wizard is probably not Edward after all, unless he is. I'm running out of suspects that are actually part of EGS. But here's one suspect who actually has a connection to disco! Who else?

Demonic Duck!

Yes, the demonic duck. He's worn sunglasses before, he knows illusion magic. He's probably (small i) immortal. He thinks he's cool. He is...

(pause for dramatic effect)

The Disco Duck!

(Now I'm going to go hide while you try to get that song out of your heads)

Possible, but for some reason I have issues with that.  Primary reason? First time he was in Grace's dream that we know of, he put her clothes back on.  We know he's a bit of a perv that likes human women.  Given that I suspect that he would have left Grace nude.  But that might be my inner perv speaking.

37 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, if Elliot were Tedd's soul mate (and come to think of it, that might have been a motivator for giving Elliot a girly transformation via the whole "Sister" plot), then I would have expected that Pandora would be trying to play matchmaker for them a bit . . .

On the other hand, if Pandora wasn't behind the bulldog dragon, then it's very likely that it WAS Voltaire . . . Perhaps he found out that Cheerleadra was too tough to withstand the bulldog dragon (being merely stunned by its direct blast which would have killed an ordinary unprotected human), and tried to up the ante by getting a more powerful being (like a griffin)? But then that raises the question of why it took him seven months to make his second attempt, given that Elliot's death was apparently a high enough priority to him that he wouldn't likely wait that long without trying anything.

I meant soul mate as in they complete each other, not as in they are ALWAYS romantically bound together. After all in this universe incompatible orientation got in the way of that.

35 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Okay, no "I'm joking" sign for this one.

Elliot and Tess became a couple in the non-canon NP arc Oblivious Wand Waving, and Beta Ellen is Beta Tedd's canon soulmate, or at least she has the hots for him. But I think it's more likely that a secondary motivation for the creation of an Ellen in the Moperverse was to create a version of Elliot that would be acceptable to Nanase while retaining the original male Elliot for Tedd. And who could think this far ahead?

Pandora could.

Try this one on for size: Pandora arranged for Magus to be evicted from his own universe into her son's and her great godson Tedd's the same year Nanase and Susan went to France. Helen and Demetrius were following Nanase at that time--Helen almost says this at one point--and Pandora sets them up so that Nanase gets awakened. And Pandora diddles them into followng Elliot during or right after their reset. Why? Nanase has to already be awakened for the showdown with Abraham.

Gee, it's almost like pretty much everyone is Pandora's catspaw, doesn't it, even a couple of younger Immortals.