• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

Story: Monday, August 22, 2016

Yeah, I think we all figured Pandora never really intended on talking to Grace in her dreams, just get Disco Wizard's attention.

Pandora's mad, but she's still holding herself together better than she did when she had her tantrum with Magus,

6 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

"So, I guess I'll just wait here while you go fix the problem..?"

"Do something else, like thinking of another way to remind Grace!"

But my guess is that the next strip will still focus on Pandora

Just thought of something (theory that I don't necessarily consider likely)... the way that magic contacted Grace, perhaps to actually contact Pandora, seems convoluted, like something that an old immortal (like Pandora) might do.  And if that's the case, if magic itself is (or was created by) an immortal, then he/she/they/it resetting would probably change how magic works.

42 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I think we all figured Pandora never really intended on talking to Grace in her dreams, just get Disco Wizard's attention.

Pandora's mad, but she's still holding herself together better than she did when she had her tantrum with Magus,

She may be holding back because they are still inside Grace's mind and she doesn't want to hurt Grace needlessly.

Speaking of Grace, since this conversation did take place within Grace's dreamscape, who here thinks that she may have overheard some of it and may remember bits of it later?

1 hour ago, chridd said:

Just thought of something (theory that I don't necessarily consider likely)... the way that magic contacted Grace, perhaps to actually contact Pandora, seems convoluted, like something that an old immortal (like Pandora) might do.  And if that's the case, if magic itself is (or was created by) an immortal, then he/she/they/it resetting would probably change how magic works.

This right here makes me believe even more strongly that Pandora is the will of magic. I'll expand the the theories thread.

I'm trying really hard to take this strip seriously bur no mater how hard I try I can only get two things from this comic, Pandora gets really hot when she's mad, and that awesome steven universe reference in the commentary 

Pandorra: tl;dr  version

I will fix or Bad Things will happen. Keep it the way it is Or Freaking Else

Pandora exits dreamscape stage left, Disco Wizard is stunned

Also, angry but not eldrich horor Pandora is sorta hot.  But that's sorta given from me abour her.

Reaction time.

Panel 1: So, in the meatspace, you're safe, but she's totally giving you nightmares.

Panel 2: Scene's about to end.

Panel 3: "You already hit the activation sequence and it can't be stopped? Stop it anyway." "Nope." Exit, stage up.

Panel 4: beat

Panel 5: Wizard's not fooled.

Meh. I'm tired. Save the better reactions for tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Reaction time.

Panel 1: So, in the meatspace, you're safe, but she's totally giving you nightmares.

Panel 2: Scene's about to end.

Panel 3: "You already hit the activation sequence and it can't be stopped? Stop it anyway." "Nope." Exit, stage up.

Panel 4: beat

Panel 5: Wizard's not fooled.

Meh. I'm tired. Save the better reactions for tomorrow.

1. Agreed, Also she'll R.Y.N.O. in the astral plane.
  2. Yup
  3. More like "I can pass it along but I don't really have any say."
  4. Awkward pause
  5. He's likely thinking, "I bet that was why magic set things up the way it did." and may even be expressing that verbally as an acknowledgement to Magic that he understands now.

While Disco Wizard definitely does not look to much like Tensaided or Greg, certain things about him remind me of each of them.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Pretty sure Disco Wizard was talking to the Will of Magic, not Pandora. We already knew Pandora was not trying to talk to Grace, she said as much. I'd be willing to bet that what Dan's giving cookies about is guessing that the Will of Magic sent Disco Wizard to Grace in order to get ahold of Pandora, not to actually talk to Grace.

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

Is what Disco Wizard saying in reference to Pandora, or The Will of Magic?

Will of Magic, I'd be willing to bet.

Looks like Pandora is effectively declaring war on Voltaire. I thought one of the major reasons for Immortal law was to prevent them from getting into fights with each other?

22 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

Looks like Pandora is effectively declaring war on Voltaire. I thought one of the major reasons for Immortal law was to prevent them from getting into fights with each other?

The ability to phase to different layers of reality was supposed to keep them from fighting with each other over personal space. But not when 2 or more Immortals take interest in the same mortals.

7 hours ago, PSadlon said:
  1. Agreed, Also she'll R.Y.N.O. in the astral plane.

While Disco Wizard definitely does not look to much like Tensaided or Greg, certain things about him remind me of each of them.

R.Y.N.O. = "Rip You a New One"?

Anyway, I think that the similarity between Tensaided, Greg, and Disco Wizard is because they are all the same sort of Genre Savvy.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

R.Y.N.O. = "Rip You a New One"?

Anyway, I think that the similarity between Tensaided, Greg, and Disco Wizard is because they are all the same sort of Genre Savvy.

Yes; Yes I have played Ratchet & Clank.

And their general sense of propriety... not to mention I can imaging Greg & Tensided at a Disco, anyone else not so much.

It just occured to me many things.

1, Pandora can seemingly shapeshift at will and do so freely. That has strong Prototype-style morphing possibilitied... Are immortals limited by their biomass or can they draw more flesh from magic? Could she plausibly stretch herself big enough to form a planetary shield in a crisis (arguably maybe doesn't break any rules if she just so happens to be that shape whilst an attacker comes I reckon)? If everyone was magic, couldn't she engulf everyone into her mass since they're less mortal potentially?

2... The Emissary isn't Tensaided, is he? I'm thinking now because super classic wizard design, but... hmm. Both have majestic hair...

3. Emissary totally unintentionally copped a good look at her nether regions by how her skirt flowed in the third panel. Not trying to be a creeper but he probably saw more than he ought to.

4. Her ears get pointier as she gets angrier. Theory due to this comic's furry moments: immortals started off as animalistic deities. Some might have been beserkers (bear skinned) who ascended to immortality through magic, others were simply immortals formed of bel... Wait. Immortal not equals deity, does it? Nah. They're too demigoddish to be full deities... Greek? Pandora is mostly Welsh-Norse in style and nature, reminds me of the Pobl Teg/Sidhe style elves, but then you got whatshisname the Santaish immortal being super Germanic.

10 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I thought one of the major reasons for Immortal law was to prevent them from getting into fights with each other?

It seems more like immortals are bound by some limits that are inherent to the magic system and some limits that are agreed upon conventions.  The limits the immortals encounter when dealing with mortals such as "Can not lie" on the Griffon's side of reality or "Guide and Empower" on the Moperside seem to be of the mutually agreed variety.  If that is the case, the immortal rules aren't about keeping them from fighting.  It is about where the immortals may fight and how they may use mortals in the fight.

But if I'm right, then immortals could change their rules at any time.  All they would need to do is gather a quorum and debate the details with respect and restraint...

...The immortals are not changing their own rules any time soon.

17 hours ago, partner555 said:

Is what Disco Wizard saying in reference to Pandora, or The Will of Magic?

The Will Of Magic sent Disco Wizard into Grace's dreams to serve as bait for Pandora, so that he could warn her about The Great Magic Reset so that Pandora could fix the problem. There are no coincidences where The Force is concerned.

18 hours ago, Howitzer said:

"So, I guess I'll just wait here while you go fix the problem..?"

He will be thrown out soon because of Grace stopping dreaming.

18 hours ago, chridd said:

Considering how important seem for immortals to reset around 200 years, I don't think so ; it's implied last change of magic happened LONG time ago and yet noone is worried that if the magic WONT reset there will be problems.

8 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I can't wait to see what Pandora does to that smarmy Voltaire Immortal.

You will need to ; it's obvious Voltaire is prepared for this and will have some way to avoid this fate at least for a while.

3 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

Are immortals limited by their biomass or can they draw more flesh from magic?

Do they have flesh in first place? Oh wait: Pandora totally had at least once.

3. Emissary totally unintentionally copped a good look at her nether regions by how her skirt flowed in the third panel. Not trying to be a creeper but he probably saw more than he ought to.

Her skirt is literally magic. I think if the emissary saw more than we did, it was because Pandora didn't mind.

(Also, I think Emissary have more important things to think about ; it's possible he wouldn't notice if she were naked.)

Greek? Pandora is mostly Welsh-Norse in style and nature, reminds me of the Pobl Teg/Sidhe style elves, but then you got whatshisname the Santaish immortal being super Germanic.

In EGS universe, yes, greek gods, norse gods, Sidhe elves ... all were immortals. And lot of others as well.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But if I'm right, then immortals could change their rules at any time.  All they would need to do is gather a quorum and debate the details with respect and restraint...

...The immortals are not changing their own rules any time soon.

I don't think they would even THINK about it unless something really catastrophic will happen (or will be predicted to happen).

Note: magic reset is not catastrophic enough, obviously.

2... The Emissary isn't Tensaided, is he? I'm thinking now because super classic wizard design, but... hmm. Both have majestic hair...

Not likely, Tensaided has first hand knowledge of what happened in the mall, he's the one that called Elliot about the cloaked figure looking for him. Disco Wizard stated he only knew what he saw on the news, though I wonder who Carol ended up interviewing. Will Edward do another replay when Elliot and Nanase go to inform him of what they learned?

5 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

1, Pandora can seemingly shapeshift at will and do so freely. That has strong Prototype-style morphing possibilitied... Are immortals limited by their biomass or can they draw more flesh from magic? Could she plausibly stretch herself big enough to form a planetary shield in a crisis (arguably maybe doesn't break any rules if she just so happens to be that shape whilst an attacker comes I reckon)? If everyone was magic, couldn't she engulf everyone into her mass since they're less mortal potentially?

Immortals are magical beings, not super-viruses. And EGS magic has demonstrated multiple times that it doesn't particularly care about the conservation of mass, as seen with Nanase's fairy doll spell, Rhoda's size manipulation spell, the hair length spell, and the plethora of other transformation magics. No idea just how big Pandora could make herself, though she's been rather big in her chaos monster form when talking with Magus.

As has been stated, Tensaided has first hand knowledge of the incident at the mall. He also knows Grace in the waking world (he's invited her to play rpgs with his group at the end of the Duel of the Discs arc)

Wait. Immortal not equals deity, does it?

That depends. What is a god?

22 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, on her way into Grace's dreamspace she said she was looking to see who was meddling there - no mention of wanting to talk to Grace herself, other than if needed for that purpose.

2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

And EGS magic has demonstrated multiple times that it doesn't particularly care about the conservation of mass, as seen with Nanase's fairy doll spell, Rhoda's size manipulation spell

Actually, Rhoda's size manipulation spell was sweet, not spicy, meaning it wasn't THAT bad.

Conclusion: magic does care. It doesn't STICK to the rules but it pays attention to how much they are broken.

2 hours ago, Drasvin said:
7 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

Wait. Immortal not equals deity, does it?

That depends. What is a god?

Got a several thousand years to discuss it in enough deep? :)

In EGS cannon, there are only two entities which might be (depending on definition) closer to god than immortals.

Magic itself.

And Dan Shive.

Outside EGS cannon, I mean, if we want to take it more generally, it would need really long time, as philosophers didn't agreed on single answer for last two thousand years.