• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday August 2, 2017

On Wednesday, Aug 2, 2017 Dan Said:

yes, I know Tedd sorta looks like Ellen or Elliot in the last panel

Is this because Pandora specified Ellen's FV5 beam?  Not A FV5 beam?

At the very least, that might have put Ellen sufficiently on Tedd's mind to influence the outcome. Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

I'm kinda sad Tedd didn't try the beam on Pandora. I understand there are numerous reasons not to, not least of which is that it's rude to zap someone without their permission. I just figure it would make for an amusing(ly awkward) scene. I don't think Pandora would mind, at least if Tedd asks first that is.

9 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

I'm kinda sad Tedd didn't try the beam on Pandora.

The only time we have seen a human successfully attack an immortal was when Sarah slapped Jerry.

Besides, Pandora is already a shape shifter.  She could counter Tedd's spell with another shift.

And Tedd still has questions.  Zapping her is probably not the best way to get answers.

Tedd does look happier, or excited?  Is it just because of using the FV5 spell on himself, or is it because he knows that no matter what, even when the ambient energy is normal, even if magic changes, he can figure out magic and essentially cast spells as well as change genders?  Honestly, that face looks so simply joyful, like a kid holding their eyes closed on a swing, that I am probably overthinking it.  He's casting the spell he created for himself on himself. 

Yer a Wizard, Teddy!

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

Try second star to the right and straight on until morning.

Truth in mixed mythologies: heading east across northern Idaho, you can achieve Golconda and go straight* on till Morning. In fact it only takes a few minutes.

* "straight" as defined by Interstate 90. It's a mountainous area, so actually-straight is hard to find.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At the very least, that might have put Ellen sufficiently on Tedd's mind to influence the outcome.

That seems like the case.

7 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Yer a Wizard, Teddy!

Yes, he is, however it seems that he has a limitation of "Obvious Accessible Focus", plus the limits "Need to see the spell in use" and probably "needs extra time".

Why doe EGS make me think in Hero System terms when I spend roughly 1% of my gaming time, if that much, playing it?

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

That seems like the case.

Yes, he is, however it seems that he has a limitation of "Obvious Accessible Focus", plus the limits "Need to see the spell in use" and probably "needs extra time".

Why doe EGS make me think in Hero System terms when I spend roughly 1% of my gaming time, if that much, playing it?

Granted, but able to shrug off enchantments so really high spell resistance, plus apparently a wealth of energy to pull from.  And honestly, in a wizard battle, he would use prepared wands or staves, not as versatile, but beware if pulls out a wand of fireballs, or wow, imagine if he gets a staff, powers it up and uses Ellen's chain transformation spell on your party, but links the transformation to shrinking.  Actually, would shrinking make an opponent easier to fight?  Would a shrunken wizard casting a spell be less effective?

Ack, getting off track.  Sure, being a Seer has drawbacks; but I think tactically he could work within those drawbacks quite well given his own Gaming Background.

50 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Tedd does look happier, or excited?  Is it just because of using the FV5 spell on himself, or is it because he knows that no matter what, even when the ambient energy is normal, even if magic changes, he can figure out magic and essentially cast spells as well as change genders?  Honestly, that face looks so simply joyful, like a kid holding their eyes closed on a swing, that I am probably overthinking it.  He's casting the spell he created for himself on himself. 

Yer a Wizard, Teddy!

There's definitely some of that in there but I would posit that part of why she is so happy is because of unconditional support. She had that from other people but Pandora is kind of family.

That wand made a lot more noise, I wonder if it was enough to carry upstairs?  It still feels like Tedd's dad waking up and coming in should happen at some point.  Maybe not this visit, maybe another night, but before the night of Hell Rains Down seems more appropriate.  Only question is whether he'd come in wand blazing at the very idea of an immortal with his son, or whether he'll pause on the stairs long enough to overhear the conversation, perhaps just as Tedd is explaining that he doesn't want to tell his dad and why.  I can definitely picture Edward hearing that, and quietly backing up the steps again, needing time to digest this new information.  Hopefully not leading up to a tearful deathbed forgiveness for one of them.... :-P

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At the very least, that might have put Ellen sufficiently on Tedd's mind to influence the outcome.

I think it's more the case that the colours of Tedd's clothes are so similar to what Ellen and Elliot tends to wear, add the fact that the flash of the beam is making Tedd's hair look a couple shades lighter, which in grayscale would be similar to Ellen's and Elliot's hair as well, at least until the flash subsides. The hair may be as long as Ellen's but we can't tell if it's the same style though.

17 hours ago, partner555 said:

Tedd looks a lot happier now than before.

I suspect FV5 IS influencing your mental state so you are happier, or like less worried about stuff. Look at Susan.

5 hours ago, JainaEgo said:
6 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Yer a Wizard, Teddy!

There's definitely some of that in there but I would posit that part of why she is so happy is because of unconditional support. She had that from other people but Pandora is kind of family.

... although this may help too.

6 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Granted, but able to shrug off enchantments so really high spell resistance, plus apparently a wealth of energy to pull from.  And honestly, in a wizard battle, he would use prepared wands or staves, not as versatile, but beware if pulls out a wand of fireballs, or wow, imagine if he gets a staff, powers it up and uses Ellen's chain transformation spell on your party, but links the transformation to shrinking.  Actually, would shrinking make an opponent easier to fight?  Would a shrunken wizard casting a spell be less effective?

Ack, getting off track.  Sure, being a Seer has drawbacks; but I think tactically he could work within those drawbacks quite well given his own Gaming Background.

He has both high spell resistance and high enchantment resistance. In any wizard battle, he will likely just ignore anything the other wizard casts on him.

No, shrunken wizard will still cast dangerous spells. And shrunk people are more resistant to damage, so even for physical opponents it's not so useful. The main eight don't have any truly offensive spell yet. Except Susan's fairy unsummoning and Nanase's fairy punches, and both seems relatively weak.

(Sure, Susan can summon hammers and other weapons, but she needs to HIT someone with them then.)

9 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I don't think Pandora would mind, at least if Tedd asks first that is.

I think she might be unable to let herself get hit even if asked.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I think it's more the case that the colours of Tedd's clothes are so similar to what Ellen and Elliot tends to wear, add the fact that the flash of the beam is making Tedd's hair look a couple shades lighter, which in grayscale would be similar to Ellen's and Elliot's hair as well, at least until the flash subsides. The hair may be as long as Ellen's but we can't tell if it's the same style though.

Generally, FV5 makes people very similar, and Tedd isn't that much different from Ellen when the flowing hair prevents us from using hair style for recognition. I think Dan tried few times to make her look more like Tedd, then resigned and just hanged a lampshade on it.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

No, shrunken wizard will still cast dangerous spells. And shrunk people are more resistant to damage, so even for physical opponents it's not so useful. The main eight don't have any truly offensive spell yet. Except Susan's fairy unsummoning and Nanase's fairy punches, and both seems relatively weak.

(Sure, Susan can summon hammers and other weapons, but she needs to HIT someone with them then.)

So for Tess' battle staff, she should use a different spell to add to Ellen's chain transformation spell.  Friendly catgirl/catboy transformation?

As for lack of offensive spells, if Pandora will facilitate the re-introductions, Tess could try to glean some from Adrian's inventory.  Though I don't see her as the type to use Murder Shroud.

Actually, can wizards and seers learn spells from Immortals? Do immortals utilize magic that way?  Would Immortals be affected by the Will of Magic upgrading the operating system?

4 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

So for Tess' battle staff, she should use a different spell to add to Ellen's chain transformation spell.  Friendly catgirl/catboy transformation?

While Tedd probably CAN use mind-bending aspects of Elliots secret identities in combination with emotional changes of FV5, I doubt she would be the type to make actually useful offensive spell from that.

6 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

As for lack of offensive spells, if Pandora will facilitate the re-introductions, Tess could try to glean some from Adrian's inventory.

She can also use some of EDWARD's spells. I'm sure Edward does have strong offensive spells, yet possibly non-lethal.

Though I don't see her as the type to use Murder Shroud.

Are we talking before or after the vampires attack Moperville and <spoiler>?

Actually, can wizards and seers learn spells from Immortals? Do immortals utilize magic that way?  Would Immortals be affected by the Will of Magic upgrading the operating system?

Good questions, although I suspect answer is "no" on all.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She can also use some of EDWARD's spells. I'm sure Edward does have strong offensive spells, yet possibly non-lethal.

Good point, but I think that would require Edward to make the transition from overly-protective parent to reasonably-protective parent, one who would be willing to teach Tedd to protect himself instead of just protecting Tedd himself.  I think it would be good for Edward to get to that point, but I don't think he's there yet.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Are we talking before or after the vampires attack Moperville and <spoiler>?

Oi!  Yeah, now we are talking the path of revenge, like Noah or, given the alt history speculation, like Lord Tedd (shudder).  Yeah, if the coming Vampocalypse goes badly, I can see Tedd churning out war-staves with Murder Shroud or Sword Storm or other dark, goth magic.  Let's hope not.  I would prefer a Tedd who's primary offensive staves temporarily transmute opponents to friendly bunnygirls/bunny boys or project pacify spells complete with illusionary carrots.

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The main eight don't have any truly offensive spell yet. Except Susan's fairy unsummoning and Nanase's fairy punches, and both seems relatively weak.

Tamashii Gekido.

Justin's fire-fists.

The heightened combat skills that come with Guardian Form.

Still... not a lot.

7 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Good point, but I think that would require Edward to make the transition from overly-protective parent to reasonably-protective parent, one who would be willing to teach Tedd to protect himself instead of just protecting Tedd himself.  I think it would be good for Edward to get to that point, but I don't think he's there yet.

That, or to pay attention while Edward will be doing the protecting, like in the vampire attack.

Oi!  Yeah, now we are talking the path of revenge, like Noah or, given the alt history speculation, like Lord Tedd (shudder).  Yeah, if the coming Vampocalypse goes badly, I can see Tedd churning out war-staves with Murder Shroud or Sword Storm or other dark, goth magic.

Even if it goes just little bad, he may, similarly as Grace with the ASMA training, realize that having some serious battle spells which he may never use would be better than nothing.

Neither Noah nor Susan went the full revenge route.

I would prefer a Tedd who's primary offensive staves temporarily transmute opponents to friendly bunnygirls/bunny boys or project pacify spells complete with illusionary carrots.

Oooooh, Jerry's serenity spell ... that would certainly be useful. Although not in case of vampires.

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Tamashii Gekido.

Justin's fire-fists.

The heightened combat skills that come with Guardian Form.

Still... not a lot.

.... well, ok, those are offensive, but it's like boost to physical attack. Someone like Tedd, not trained in physical combat and hardly able to run a mile, wouldn't get much from them. I was talking about spells Tedd could use for offense.

38 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I was talking about spells Tedd could use for offense

Do you think he ever saw his dad use the lightning wand?

No, I don't think he did.