• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Wednesday August 24, 2016

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, Pandora said/thought that she could only give Ashley the most minor of healing spells (healing small scratches and such) to start with.

It's possible the more effective healing spells are hard and not something usable as first spell (possibly with exceptions like Sarah).

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's possible the more effective healing spells are hard and not something usable as first spell (possibly with exceptions like Sarah).

Sarah was the exception because she had an innate talent for the spell. If Ashley had an innate talent for healing rather than just a desire for it, Pandora would likely have been able to give her access to a stronger spell and let the ambient energy do the work. Also if I'm reading panel 1 of August 22nd's strip correctly, Pandora could have given Ashley transformation magic despite Ashley's goodness if she happened to have an affinity for transformation magic.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sarah was the exception because she had an innate talent for the spell. If Ashley had an innate talent for healing rather than just a desire for it, Pandora would likely have been able to give her access to a stronger spell and let the ambient energy do the work. Also if I'm reading panel 1 of August 22nd's strip correctly, Pandora could have given Ashley transformation magic despite Ashley's goodness if she happened to have an affinity for transformation magic.

Yeah. Seems to be that innate affinity trumps everything. Doesn't matter what kind of person you are or what you want, if you have a natural affinity you could be given a spell matching that affinity.

4 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Yeah. Seems to be that innate affinity trumps everything. Doesn't matter what kind of person you are or what you want, if you have a natural affinity you could be given a spell matching that affinity.

I wouldn't necessarily say it always trumps everything, I mean, the affinity would have to be detected for it to trump other possible factors. Jerry could have given Sarah a spell based on her desire because he couldn't see that she had a affinity for something else. Pandora is much more powerful than Jerry was and could look deeper.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I wouldn't necessarily say it always trumps everything, I mean, the affinity would have to be detected for it to trump other possible factors. Jerry could have given Sarah a spell based on her desire because he couldn't see that she had a affinity for something else. Pandora is much more powerful than Jerry was and could look deeper.

The key word here is you COULD be given a spell matching that affinity.

Note that Pandora mentioned multiple option for Ashley. While lot of people are lucky to have one possible spell, some have multiple based on desire alone AND natural affinity just add another possibility ... or maybe MULTIPLE possibilities, if one has multiple affinities (if that's even possible).

If Pandora met Sarah before she though about how the transformation wouldn't really help, she would likely mark her with the transformation, just noting that there is another, more boring possibility.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note that Pandora mentioned multiple option for Ashley. While lot of people are lucky to have one possible spell, some have multiple based on desire alone AND natural affinity just add another possibility ... or maybe MULTIPLE possibilities, if one has multiple affinities (if that's even possible).

I too wonder if multiple affinities are possible but in the case of Ashley, she apparently doesn't have any natural affinity, she has a strong interest in transformations that runs into fetish territory which would normally be more than enough for Pandora to mark her with, but Ashley's good nature overrides that instead making it possible to get minor healing magic. If Ashley happened to have been born with an affinity for accelerating the growth of plants, that would take precedence over the other two.

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If Ashley happened to have been born with an affinity for accelerating the growth of plants, that would take precedence over the other two.

No, I don't believe that. Because the idea that requirements for marking someone with desire-based spell is to not notice natural affinity makes no sense.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

No, I don't believe that. Because the idea that requirements for marking someone with desire-based spell is to not notice natural affinity makes no sense.

The response you're looking for is in another cast....er thread. ;)