• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday August 26, 2016

68 posts in this topic

For some reason, this cheers me immensely. Particularly these verses, which I am dedicating to our dear friend Colonel Sanders.

 

You keep lyin' when you oughta be truthin'
You keep losing when you oughta not bet
You keep samin' when you oughta be a'changin'
What's right is right but you ain't been right yet
These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

You keep playing where you shouldn't be playing
And you keep thinking that you'll never get burnt (HAH)
Well, I've just found me a brand new box of matches (YEAH)
And what he knows you ain't had time to learn
These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

 

Ser Pentrose likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does "Do you want to save all magic?" sound a lot like "Hey, would you mind to kill an aberration for us?"?

"But Pandora, isn't there people in the goverment, or even other civilians, able to do whatever you need to be done?" "I've deemed that option as 'boring'"

RainbowWizard and Drasvin like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, this makes me happy as well, Maybe it's just nice to see Sarah again. Susan next!

(Pandora in cheerful mode when talking of a serious topic is also pretty hilarious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad thing about this is Sarah needed the excess magic to be around for her to exercise her "magic muscles" to keep using magic on her own.  If she pulls this off will that be it for her ability to use that spell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ChaosSepher said:

Sad thing about this is Sarah needed the excess magic to be around for her to exercise her "magic muscles" to keep using magic on her own.  If she pulls this off will that be it for her ability to use that spell?

Perhaps Tedd can create a magic power storage device for Sarah like his own glove?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChaosSepher said:

Sad thing about this is Sarah needed the excess magic to be around for her to exercise her "magic muscles" to keep using magic on her own.  If she pulls this off will that be it for her ability to use that spell?

Unless Pandora's plan is to somehow let Sarah use the spell a great lot and thus use up all the excess magic, which might make her awaken in the meanwhile.

Dan says it's possible to guess what Pandora wants Sarah to do, with one assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh buoy.  When Pandora said she needed help, I thought she would go to Adrian, Edward, Tedd, Magus, or maybe even Mama Kitsune.

I never thought Sarah would be her tool for this plan.

And the important question.  When Sarah quoted "These Boots", was she referencing Nancy Sinatra, or one of the later remakes?  Puss in Boots from Shrek might be ok, but please don't tell me she was thinking of the Simpson's version from the haphazard dukes.

RainbowWizard likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2231

You. Monster.

You kiddie monster.

  Hide contents

You sang to the tune of a song in Frozen!

 

I first thought Pandora's line was to the tune of "Do you believe in magic?" which totally made sense to me because she was in her "young girl" form. But you just had to mention Frozen*

*I've never watched Frozen, but there is a livestreamer that I watch occasionally that sings that particular song a lot.

2 hours ago, exterminator said:

Why does "Do you want to save all magic?" sound a lot like "Hey, would you mind to kill an aberration for us?"?

"But Pandora, isn't there people in the goverment, or even other civilians, able to do whatever you need to be done?" "I've deemed that option as 'boring'"

Probably not kill an aberration, Pandora's not likely aware of Sirleck's involvement in this, she's only been made aware of the events at the Mall so it's more likely she wants Sarah to do some recon work for her.

I'm guessing she'll ask Sarah to try to get a hold of everything that Carol filmed plus whatever cell phone videos she may have taken for her report so that Pandora can see everything unedited, not just what ended up on the news.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2231

You. Monster.

You kiddie monster.

  Hide contents

You sang to the tune of a song in Frozen!

 

At first I thought you were referring to what Sarah was singing, took me a minute to get what you really meant!

55 minutes ago, ChaosSepher said:

Sad thing about this is Sarah needed the excess magic to be around for her to exercise her "magic muscles" to keep using magic on her own.  If she pulls this off will that be it for her ability to use that spell?

Sarah is one of the few members of the group who might benefit from a major change in how Magic works, given that she has very limited magic power under the current system but, being friends with Tedd, would be first in line for learning how the new system works and how best to exploit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
1 hour ago, ChaosSepher said:

Sad thing about this is Sarah needed the excess magic to be around for her to exercise her "magic muscles" to keep using magic on her own.  If she pulls this off will that be it for her ability to use that spell?

Sarah is one of the few members of the group who might benefit from a major change in how Magic works, given that she has very limited magic power under the current system but, being friends with Tedd, would be first in line for learning how the new system works and how best to exploit it.

Also, according to Pandora, Sarah was born with her talent, so it's probably not like she'll lose the spell itself completely, she'll just need to power it differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Probably not kill an aberration, Pandora's not likely aware of Sirleck's involvement in this, she's only been made aware of the events at the Mall so it's more likely she wants Sarah to do some recon work for her.

I'm guessing she'll ask Sarah to try to get a hold of everything that Carol filmed plus whatever cell phone videos she may have taken for her report so that Pandora can see everything unedited, not just what ended up on the news.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not saying she's going to ask Sarah to kill an aberration, I'm just saying whatever Pandora's going to ask her is worrying. "We'll pick two underage girls unaware of magic to make them kill a aberration. What could possibly go wrong?" worrying. You know the incident I'm referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that Sarah has always wanted to be a wizard, she is the perfect choice for Pandora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, exterminator said:

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not saying she's going to ask Sarah to kill an aberration, I'm just saying whatever Pandora's going to ask her is worrying. "We'll pick two underage girls unaware of magic to make them kill a aberration. What could possibly go wrong?" worrying. You know the incident I'm referring to.

This is kinda different, Sarah's aware of magic existing and vampires and such. Yeah, it's likely dangerous, yeah Pandora could have gone to Edward and come clean with what she's been doing. But chances are, Edward likely wouldn't be able to act fast enough, and with a magic system change looming, Pandora needs to work fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since even Pandora can't see what Sarah is doing when using her magic, no other Immortal can--including Voltaire. The Assumption: Sarah can perceive Immortals in her created worlds. Sarah is going to be Pandora's ace-in-the-hole for dealing with Voltaire. Remember, Immortals are only supposed to be visible to one another if they want to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indrid Cold said:

Dan says it's possible to guess what Pandora wants Sarah to do, with one assumption.

My first thought is that it involves Carol. and the sister in the title is referring to their relationship. 

If Pandora wants to stop a change in Magic, the first thing to do is "debunking" the evidence of Magic she helped create, and manipulation the reporter involved is probably a good angle to pursue along that path, I doubt it would solve everything, but it would probably by time to fix other problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ohh buoy.  When Pandora said she needed help, I thought she would go to Adrian, Edward, Tedd, Magus, or maybe even Mama Kitsune.

What if it turned out that Pandora is scared of Mama Kitsune? She might be an incredibly powerful immortal, but Mama Kitsune is not only from a family known for their monster hunters, but she's got Mom powers on top of that. Her frown is enough to cause thunder...

Yea... Not likely, but it would be hilarious seeing Pandora on her tippy toes trying to avoid annoying Mama Kitsune...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Since even Pandora can't see what Sarah is doing when using her magic, no other Immortal can--including Voltaire. The Assumption: Sarah can perceive Immortals in her created worlds. Sarah is going to be Pandora's ace-in-the-hole for dealing with Voltaire. Remember, Immortals are only supposed to be visible to one another if they want to be. 

So we know that if, in her spellspace, Sarah touches another human, her consciousness shifts into that human's body.

What if she touches an immortal?

What if she picks up a baseball bat and delivers a firm blow to an immortal's head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

So we know that if, in her spellspace, Sarah touches another human, her consciousness shifts into that human's body.

What if she touches an immortal?

What if she picks up a baseball bat and delivers a firm blow to an immortal's head?

what she does in her "spellspace" doesn't affect anything in reality, so she wouldn't actually be taking control of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

what she does in her "spellspace" doesn't affect anything in reality, so she wouldn't actually be taking control of people.

...and the more she plays with her environment, the more it will be contaminated by Sarah's thoughts, feelings and ideas and the less it will resemble a reality snapshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stature said:

You kiddie monster.

  Reveal hidden contents

... was gonna ask if someone else is hearing it on same melody ...

12 hours ago, exterminator said:

Why does "Do you want to save all magic?" sound a lot like "Hey, would you mind to kill an aberration for us?"?

"But Pandora, isn't there people in the goverment, or even other civilians, able to do whatever you need to be done?" "I've deemed that option as 'boring'"

I don't think this is about aberration. But, yes, I see some similarities ... unless what Pandora want Sarah to do is to cast her spell in specific location to make a hole through the clog with it's gigantic power requirements ...

11 hours ago, ChaosSepher said:

Sad thing about this is Sarah needed the excess magic to be around for her to exercise her "magic muscles" to keep using magic on her own.  If she pulls this off will that be it for her ability to use that spell?

Even if she stops the magic build up it can still take some time before it gets back to normal.

11 hours ago, partner555 said:

Perhaps Tedd can create a magic power storage device for Sarah like his own glove?

He certainly can. Question is how long would take her to train that way.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ohh buoy.  When Pandora said she needed help, I thought she would go to Adrian, Edward, Tedd, Magus, or maybe even Mama Kitsune.

Adrian would be booooring. Magus is not on friendly terms with her now. Others never talked with her. I'm not actually that much surprised, Sarah makes sense.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also, according to Pandora, Sarah was born with her talent, so it's probably not like she'll lose the spell itself completely, she'll just need to power it differently.

Hmmm ... we aren't sure about that. Based on the description of change she will still have magic, but she might have different kind of magic. On the other hand ... yes, she may end up with something better.

8 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

If Pandora wants to stop a change in Magic, the first thing to do is "debunking" the evidence of Magic she helped create, and manipulation the reporter involved is probably a good angle to pursue along that path, I doubt it would solve everything, but it would probably by time to fix other problems.

... I don't think Pandora will actually try this angle. Too often attempts to "debunk" something backfire, and Carol is not nearly only one who confirmed magic ... more likely, she would hope that if nothing else will happen AND the magic stops piling up, the interest will fade to "safe" levels.

To summarize, there are following things she may want Sarah's help with:

1) Finding out what happened in Mall ... but she has other options for that she would likely try first.

2) Dealing with Voltaire ... but she has other options for that she would likely try first.

3) Unclog the clog ... which she explicitly said she CANT do herself.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

This is kinda different, Sarah's aware of magic existing and vampires and such. Yeah, it's likely dangerous, yeah Pandora could have gone to Edward and come clean with what she's been doing. But chances are, Edward likely wouldn't be able to act fast enough, and with a magic system change looming, Pandora needs to work fast.

Edward would be ABLE to act fast, but he wouldn't. He would first like to confirm what's happening, he will not believe her etc ... and all of that would slow him.

EDIT: Regarding comment: is there really someone who only reads the main story and not the NP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... we aren't sure about that. Based on the description of change she will still have magic, but she might have different kind of magic. On the other hand ... yes, she may end up with something better.

When Disco Wizard said "there will always be people born with magical talent..." along with "how magic power can be obtained beyond heredity..." suggested to me that the talent a person is born with cannot be changed, so even Susan and Diane would still have the talent for vampire hunters if the system changed, what would change would be be how they used those talents and how they would learn new spells, instead of just automatically leveling up and earning a spell, they might have to write the spells before they can use them or something.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Edward would be ABLE to act fast, but he wouldn't. He would first like to confirm what's happening, he will not believe her etc ... and all of that would slow him.

That's what I'm talking about, though I think he would believe Sarah...though....hmm maybe not if Sarah tells him that she was told this by the creepy girl that appeared on TV after the wizard attack on MSHS...I guess Pandora made things a bit difficult by creating a reputation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scotty said:
31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... we aren't sure about that. Based on the description of change she will still have magic, but she might have different kind of magic. On the other hand ... yes, she may end up with something better.

When Disco Wizard said "there will always be people born with magical talent..." along with "how magic power can be obtained beyond heredity..." suggested to me that the talent a person is born with cannot be changed, so even Susan and Diane would still have the talent for vampire hunters if the system changed, what would change would be be how they used those talents and how they would learn new spells, instead of just automatically leveling up and earning a spell, they might have to write the spells before they can use them or something.

While that makes sense, what he's actually saying is that people born with magical talent will still have SOME magical talent.

It's possible that the types of magic talent will change, they may become wider, narrower or just move somehow.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That's what I'm talking about, though I think he would believe Sarah

I meant he wouldn't believe Pandora. And he wouldn't be likely to believe her even if she didn't have the kind of reputation she have - although yes, with this reputation it would be even worse.

Talking about what Sarah will tell, though ... it IS possible Pandora will tell her to take Tedd and Grace with her and just be careful about what she tells them. Just because she talks to Sarah doesn't mean she assumes Sarah will do it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

While that makes sense, what he's actually saying is that people born with magical talent will still have SOME magical talent.

It's possible that the types of magic talent will change, they may become wider, narrower or just move somehow.

The fact that magical talents are hereditary, suggests that it's genetic, or at least something very similar to genetics, Diane and Susan are good examples, Nanase and her family lineage is a good example, Tedd, might just be the right combination of talents to produce something completely different. I just can't see it rewriting a portion of a person without possibly doing harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now