• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
exterminator

NP Friday, Aug 26 2016

8 minutes ago, exterminator said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=504

Is Liz going to get retroactively a spell? All bets are off.

Whoa. And somehow, nothing about that spell will get mentioned for months ... but, yes, it still wouldn't be as weird as Carol retroactively being made Sarah's sister.

Note: Unfortunately, we missed opportunity to see non-aberration vampire or at least Pandora explaining what the problem with that is.

Wait ... "not big on being something I'm not" ... will she get ability to see through illusions? Or some anti-magic defense?

Hmm....Dan's holding back on what Pandora's saying here, definitely makes it a Friday comic but I still gotta wonder. Is she referring to what she gives Liz helping achieve her goal of making magic mainstream? Or helping someone else?

31 minutes ago, exterminator said:

I would just question, as long as both of them acquires, if Liz' spell will have an effect on Ashley's (in any way possible).

Wild guess: Liz gets a permanence spell. Nobody noticed for months because there are special conditions on when she can use it: she has to be near an enchantment or summon. Then she can make that enchantment or summon permanent.

Wild guess is probably wrong because it's pretty much the opposite of conspicuous. At this time, our favorite Faux University psychology student wants conspicuous magic.

55 minutes ago, exterminator said:

EDIT: Goddammit Friday was 26. Meh, third one's the charm all that...

All bets were off the moment Dan revealed/confirmed Good Tom's ability to detect puppies in danger was because of Pandora handing out marks like Oprah Winfrey.

Pandora: You get magic! You get magic! Everyone gets magic!

Magic: Not if I can help it.

20 minutes ago, Stature said:

I would just question, as long as both of them acquires, if Liz' spell will have an effect on Ashley's (in any way possible).

I am kind of expecting Ashley to not get anything due to "boring" options (That and I want to see Pandora come up to Ashley and openly give her a mark after the Mall Date), and Liz to get something but have not shown anyone (even Ashley) yet due to fear of MiB scenarios, we have only seem her what twice in comic after this chronologically. 

Since Pandora was looking for spells that are not subtle and difficult to hide, I am guessing this is the opposite of both, I am guessing some kind of stealth or disquise spell

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Hmm....Dan's holding back on what Pandora's saying here, definitely makes it a Friday comic but I still gotta wonder. Is she referring to what she gives Liz helping achieve her goal of making magic mainstream? Or helping someone else?

Magic mainstream. She didn't started thinking about being nice until the tournament.

... except the puppies, of course.

30 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Wild guess: Liz gets a permanence spell. Nobody noticed for months because there are special conditions on when she can use it: she has to be near an enchantment or summon. Then she can make that enchantment or summon permanent.

Ooooor dispell it.

14 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

I am kind of expecting Ashley to not get anything due to "boring" options (That and I want to see Pandora come up to Ashley and openly give her a mark after the Mall Date)

Openly? I don't think so. But yes, I also hope even with the "stopping marking people now" Ashley WILL get some spell ...

and Liz to get something but have not shown anyone (even Ashley) yet due to fear of MiB scenarios

She MIGHT've got something hard to show. Also, she might be so meh she actually will take long time before noticing the spell herself.

I am guessing some kind of stealth or disquise spell

Nanase was getting disquise spells ...

I'm not big on getting a taste for something and getting cut off from it either.  One day's just a tease if I like it.

- Liz

Maybe you'll wanna give me kisses sweet
But only for one night and no repeat
And maybe you'll go away and never call
And a taste of honey's worse than none at all

- Smokey Robinson

Pandora will give Liz the power to transform herself and all her friends into the Miracles.

46 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:
49 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase was getting disquise spells ...

and hated them, we need a master spy on the team ;)

I'm sure she loves Fox :)

She also liked her hair spell.

But, yes, she would prefer another role in the team. DPS, likely.

Pandora says Liz's possible spell is "not what I was looking for."  She was looking for things which would be nice and obvious and help in making everyone realize magic is real.  More specifically she was looking for outlandish transformation spells.  Which one is she referring to here, I wonder?  If it's just not an outlandish transformation, it could be almost anything.  If it's not obvious, and yet still helps with her ultimate goal, that gives us a bit narrower range of speculation.

23 hours ago, exterminator said:

EDIT: Goddammit Friday was 26. Meh, third one's the charm all that...

Never worry. I edited the title, if it becomes a problem again please poke me.

19 hours ago, mlooney said:

Liz is not a David Bowie fan it seems.

"We can be immortal, immortal, just not for long, for long..."

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

It just dawned on me. Liz and Sydney Scoville go to the same hair salon.

Not unless one of them can travel between universes. Twilight council in Grrrl power contains vampires. If those would be EGS-style aberrations, they wouldn't be accepted - and they probably wouldn't really WANT to be accepted to it anyway.

Alternatively, it's the owner of the hair salon who can travel between universes. He opens in Grrrl power every Monday and in EGS every Wednesday. DGB of course knows. Arc-Light did found the building is only there for one day in week but they didn't found why yet.

25 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:
8 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

How has nobody yet expressed the desire to transform into a dragon for a day?

She has not met any furries, yet...

Dragons can be furry?

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I take it you haven't seen any of the commercials for the new Pete's Dragon yet?

::googles:: Hmmmm....

Well...

That's a furry dragon.

2 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Are you going to tell one it can not be?

Didn't say they couldn't be. Just that I had spent many years in games gathering dragon scales and never once had to get dragon fur.

4 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

She has not met any furries, yet...

They don't have to be scalies, they can also have watched Game of Thrones or played Skyrim to express such a desire. Whether Pandora would be able to give them such a spell would be extremely unlikely unless they were a scaly, because most of them would have blocks against wanton property destruction.

Why am I thinking about this?