• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
exterminator

NP Friday, Aug 26 2016

4 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

Whether Pandora would be able to give them such a spell would be extremely unlikely unless they were a scaly, because most of them would have blocks against wanton property destruction.

... remember that good people like Elliot, Ashley and Good Tom are rare.

17 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

How has nobody yet expressed the desire to transform into a dragon for a day?

I did. And for reference, I don't think I'm furry or scaly: for the "transform for one day" it wouldn't be important, but I'm basing my desire to be dragon on dragons who can transform to human (or humanoid) shape. Like the Ryath from Riftwar Saga, Filia from Slayers or Tyrygosa from Sunwell Trilogy and all those examples being females definitely has nothing to do with it shut up you know that dragons have charisma over 30 ...

(I actually once found nice "motivational" image "Number one reason for half-dragons - What? Did you think the Charisma 34 went away when she took human form" ... unfortunately, after "how to train your dragons" I wasn't able to find it again.)

EDIT: Found it:Number one reason for half-dragons

Hmm, I don't think I've ever even heard a story about a dragon encounter which properly gave them the effects of a high Charisma, let alone experienced one myself.  I'd expect a DM to start out describing how beautiful the dragon is, how irridescent her scales, how sleek and muscular her body, how melodious her voice....then the dragon would be charming and erudite and have eyes you just want to fall into and get lost in....  I hadn't even realized dragons were supposed to have inhumanly high charisma!

29 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, I don't think I've ever even heard a story about a dragon encounter which properly gave them the effects of a high Charisma, let alone experienced one myself.  I'd expect a DM to start out describing how beautiful the dragon is, how irridescent her scales, how sleek and muscular her body, how melodious her voice....then the dragon would be charming and erudite and have eyes you just want to fall into and get lost in....  I hadn't even realized dragons were supposed to have inhumanly high charisma!

There ARE cases of people getting lost in dragon eyes - although usually it's blamed on hypnosis - and the dragon's high charisma is mainly to describe their force of personality, persuasiveness etc., not physical attractiveness. On the other hand, Sapkowski describes the Borch Three Jackdaws as "the most beautiful" (in dragon form - BTW, example of dragon capable to turn human who is not female :)) and the dragons with human form in comics are usually attractive (but so are most other women with more-than-background role).

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Being good to the degree that they are is rare, but being good enough to not want to go on a highly destructive rampage is probably common enough.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I hadn't even realized dragons were supposed to have inhumanly high charisma!

There is, for some unfathomed reason, something almost unbearably sexy about having huge fire-breathing magical dragons flying low about the sky on moonlit nights which were already dangerously on the sweet and fragrant side.

Why this should be so, the romance-besotted people of Brequinda in the Foth of Avalars could not have told you, and would not have stopped to discuss the matter once the effect was up and going, for no sooner would a flock of half a dozen silk-winged leather-bodied Fuolornis Fire Dragons heave into sight across the evening horizon than half the people of Brequinda were scurrying off into the woods with the other half, there to spend a busy breathless night together and emerge with the first rays of dawn all smiling and happy and still claiming, rather endearingly, to be virgins, if rather flushed and sticky virgins.

Douglas Adams - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

18 hours ago, ijuin said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Being good to the degree that they are is rare, but being good enough to not want to go on a highly destructive rampage is probably common enough.

But being good enough to the "not wanting to go on a highly destructive rampage" preventing you from getting the spell IS rare enough.

I mean, if the highly destructive rampage is not the reason you want the spell for but "just" most probable result of using it.

Also ... demolition derby: lot of people would totally go on a "highly destructive" rampage if the destruction would be limited to something they don't consider valuable enough.

... not speaking about demolitions of old stuff. People pay for demolition in some cases.