• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday August 29, 2016

Hypotheses:

They could be clones using separate host mothers (or one natural mother and one host).

Diane could be a clone of Susan using an Uryuom egg. Diane was then adopted out.

There is something similar to the TF gun floating around, but it was used to make one baby permanently identical to the other.

Diane is the Susan equivalent from a parallel universe and somehow got sent to Susan's universe as an infant.

21 minutes ago, tuoteg said:

They may not be twins, but perhaps half-sisters is a possibility?

LIke her father had an affair with another woman(except the one Susan caught him with) and had a child with her? Could be possible.

18 minutes ago, inqntrol said:

Like her father had an affair with another woman(except the one Susan caught him with) and had a child with her? Could be possible.

If Edward's information is correct, yes. However, it does seem to be a bit of a coincidence for them to be born twenty minutes apart if they are not twins.

Just now, Arcanimus said:

This feels like a massive red herring.

There's definitely far too much setup here for there not to be some cause behind their near-identical-ness, whether it be blood relation, parallel world shenanigans, or what-have-you.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

I am refraining from further speculation at this point. I will say that I really like panel four. It appeals to my Buffy fan side.

I love the back-to-back poses and expressions in the first and fourth panels.

The speculative theories on how Susan and Diane could be twins in the same town and yet not know each other have been prolific.  Among them were some of the wildest conspiracies and most unlikely coincidences I have ever read.

I am sure now that Edward has definitively confirmed Susan's lack of sibling we will be spared any more insane guesswork and calmly wait for the rest of the story to be revealed.

Unless, of course, Dan keeps us waiting an unreasonable time before providing more details.

Ok, that's enough waiting.

Susan was a Fairy produced changeling baby who was intended to replace Diane, but was discovered before the switch could be made.

3 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Hypotheses:

They could be clones using separate host mothers (or one natural mother and one host).

Diane could be a clone of Susan using an Uryuom egg. Diane was then adopted out.

There is something similar to the TF gun floating around, but it was used to make one baby permanently identical to the other.

Diane is the Susan equivalent from a parallel universe and somehow got sent to Susan's universe as an infant.

I always thought the twin scenario boring and prefered the possibility that one of them became orphan in an alternate universe.

Firstly, i'm going with the parallel universe theory so far, or something like that.

Also, the 'abberation/vampire' in panel 3 looks like their head is that of a llama to me, and shall henceforth be dubbed 'Llamaration'!

K^2    2

I choose to remain skeptical. Edward has been shown not to be infallible as far as his information goes. Of course, that would imply Dan very deliberately making a red herring out of a red herring in some sort of red heringception (would that make it an infrared herring?) And it seems unlikely that this would be done without a very significant, yet unrevealed plot reason pertaining to Edward and his knowledge of characters involved. But that still keeps it under the bar I have for skeptical.

But...if she hadn't awakened, Susan would be the same height as Diane.

If Susan didn't dye her hair, she'd be blonde like Diane.

If Susan didn't didn't catch her dad cheating and live through the nasty divorce afterwards, she'd be chasing after Elliot like Diane.

There's gotta be more to it than this. The people involved at Diane and Susan's birth might have been just as if not more thorough at covering up the girl's origins than Edward's checks. Maybe Mrs Pompoms is pulling a Mama Kitsune on us?

Oh BTW, panel 4 was pretty much what I had in mind a while back for a 2 character pinup suggestion that sadly didn't make the cut.

Hm...... This further peaks my interest.

I already had a theory that Susan wasn't adopted, but this makes it more interesting.

The Reason I didn't think Susan was adopted, was because I had believed that she was still living with one of her biological parents. In this case, her father. Then again, I don't actually have any proof that she's not living with her biological mother.

8 minutes ago, Darkxemjas said:

Hm...... This further peaks my interest.

I already had a theory that Susan wasn't adopted, but this makes it more interesting.

The Reason I didn't think Susan was adopted, was because I had believed that she was still living with one of her biological parents. In this case, her father. Then again, I don't actually have any proof that she's not living with her biological mother.

The only other explaination would be that Susan's parents are her biological parents, but, this is probably a long shot... we know Mrs Pompoms has a sister, maybe Mr Pompoms got them both pregnant at some wild party on night and Mrs Pompom's sister never came forward with it? Or maybe she did and Mrs Pompoms knows, wait, I've heard this story before.

1 hour ago, K^2 said:

I choose to remain skeptical. Edward has been shown not to be infallible as far as his information goes. 

Edward is looking at Hospital records, but Hospital records do not show everything. 

There are things that would make them related but not necessarily show on the records. 

• One could have been switched at birth and it would not be in the records. 
  • They could be half-siblings, and the mistress did not list the real father. 
  • Orphan Black shenanigans, or just a mix-up at a in vitro clinic
Edited by Sjmcc13
Typo

26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

What the bloody hell Dan?

By now I am convinced that the whole Diane/Susan being twins setup is a huge Dan troll that he has spent more than a decade setting up because he wanted to annoy fans who like to grow epileptic trees. I move that we create a new trope based on this: Troll of God.

1 hour ago, K^2 said:

Of course, that would imply Dan very deliberately making a red herring out of a red herring in some sort of red heringception

Red herrecursion, I would think.

I love the smash cut from panel 4 to 5.