• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday August 31, 2016

7 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Though it was more Grace letting that slip then Catalina. Elliot only knew that Catalina had a girlfriend, it was Grace's reaction to the kiss that led them to realize it was Rhoda. 

Ellen knew too because of her reaction when Elliot asked if Catalina's girlfriend was Rhoda, like I said, the secret was being kept from Diane only and even I suspect that Diane knows anyway, she knows Rhoda's made friends with someone named Catalina, she's seen Catalina as part of Rhoda's IM avatar, and Rhoda's been skittish when Diane asked about the possibility of meeting Catalina. Rhoda's worried about what Diane would think if she found out Rhoda was a lesbian but frankly, I think Diane already knows and doesn't have any issue with it, Diane probably just hasn't pushed the subject because she might not know that anyone else knows and doesn't want to out Rhoda.

15 hours ago, Wrothmonk said:

Or Dan's laziness

The Moderator: Being routinely insulting to other people and/or creators may fly in other fora you frequent. It does not do so here. I recommend you read the posting FAQ.

One warning point.

~tOH.

10 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Ellen's knowing was based on Grace knowing, it is Grace who let things slip. 

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1767

Ellen has a history of teasing Elliot though, she believed she was witholding information from Elliot but then he guessed correctly and ruined her fun.

6 hours ago, exterminator said:

Blasphemy.

C'mon, Pandora, give Catalina a spell! She'll be the purrfect pawn in your plan, you know she'll make the meowst of it!

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I'm just not feline it.  I'm beginning to think Pandora is only kitten.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

(Wow, this many stray cats running around the forums, I may have to start a Trap-Neuter-Release program....)

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Remember to help control the game show host population.

Have your game show host spayed or neutered.

/me pulls out The List and starts adding names, stars, underlines and a few elder signs for good measure.

/me glares.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

/me pulls out The List and starts adding names, stars, underlines and a few elder signs for good measure.

/me glares.

*bats eyes*

Shouldn't threatening to neuter punsters get me *off* the list, or at least remove a couple of checkmarks?

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

*bats eyes*

Shouldn't threatening to neuter punsters get me *off* the list, or at least remove a couple of checkmarks?

Making threats might get you on another list, and possibly glared suspiciously at. So mind the trade off! :demonicduck:

Pandora, give up and mark her. Overtaunting universe is impossible, you only taunt us.

9 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

Gee, I wonder why Pandora, who shares a name with the woman who released all the evils in the universe from containment, isn't a big fan of people being empowered based on a name.

She CHOOSE that name. Although originally she wanted to be named Box.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ellen knew too because of her reaction when Elliot asked if Catalina's girlfriend was Rhoda, like I said, the secret was being kept from Diane only and even I suspect that Diane knows anyway, she knows Rhoda's made friends with someone named Catalina, she's seen Catalina as part of Rhoda's IM avatar, and Rhoda's been skittish when Diane asked about the possibility of meeting Catalina. Rhoda's worried about what Diane would think if she found out Rhoda was a lesbian but frankly, I think Diane already knows and doesn't have any issue with it, Diane probably just hasn't pushed the subject because she might not know that anyone else knows and doesn't want to out Rhoda.

I think Rhoda overestimates how well she is keeping the secret. And, yes, Diane already knows and doesn't want to push the subject ... because she only PRETENDS to be person who might stop being friend with Diane for stuff like that.

21 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Considering diane's girl crush on nanase, and her interaction with Elijah and Rick, I kind of think it is more that it has to be kept from Lucy then Diane

Deductive reasoning, yes; actual gaydar, unproven. Diane seems to have some jealousy toward Elijah; she doesn't list Elijah with Rhea and Rick among the people she's concerned about when discussing whether or not to kill not-Tengu. And her remark about "lovebirds"  might indicate jealousy over Ellen's relationship with Nanase. But jealousy isn't limited to objects of sexual attraction, is it?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Deductive reasoning, yes; actual gaydar, unproven. Diane seems to have some jealousy toward Elijah; she doesn't list Elijah with Rhea and Rick among the people she's concerned about when discussing whether or not to kill not-Tengu. And her remark about "lovebirds"  might indicate jealousy over Ellen's relationship with Nanase. But jealousy isn't limited to objects of sexual attraction, is it?

The "lovebirds" were Elijah and Rick; Ellen and Nanase are referred to in the same word bubble as the Meddlers.  (Sounds like a good name for a band!)  Mentioning Rhea and Rick but not Elijah tells us she probably has a long-time (family?) relationship to Rick, and Elijah is a relatively new relationship, but I don't think it necessarily means she doesn't like him, just that second-hand relationships don't mean as much to her as her own primary ones do.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

The "lovebirds" were Elijah and Rick; Ellen and Nanase are referred to in the same word bubble as the Meddlers.  (Sounds like a good name for a band!)  Mentioning Rhea and Rick but not Elijah tells us she probably has a long-time (family?) relationship to Rick, and Elijah is a relatively new relationship, but I don't think it necessarily means she doesn't like him, just that second-hand relationships don't mean as much to her as her own primary ones do.

I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, CCCM89 said:

Oh my god, She can turn into a Bob!

Please clarify. I know of many Bobs, such as the Bob in What About Bob?, Bob the blob in Monsters vs. Aliens, and Bob McNamara in The Fog of War. Also I know a mother of three who refers to herself as "B.O.B" as in "Beast of Burden."

6 hours ago, Stature said:

I could have sworn she wanted to be named Jar.

*gasps* Jar-Jar!

Come to think of it, Pandora is a great name for somebody who goes around granting magical powers - it after all means something like all giver or all gifts.

On 9/1/2016 at 2:22 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Cut her some slack.

She obviously can turn into J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.

HCBOB.JPG

It's a joke, but it's a joke you can believe in...