• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Pinup: Thursday September 1 2016: Dan's choice 2 (Badges)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/my-choice-badges-6665826

This was rather unexpected, considering Susan's involved, and Larry and Rich (I'm assuming the orange shirt is Rich) are dangerously close, thankfully Susan can use the hammers again.

Also, I'm pretty certain the security lady there is the one that was using the crystal ball in the original EGSCon NP.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My guess?  Susan is having the dream where she is naked and annoyed in a familiar place.  If you spend enough time at the security checkpoint, it can be that familiar.

I don't see her expression as annoyed, more like "There's absolutely nothing unusual about this, here's my badge."

Heck, this could be their third convention, after the second one seemed to be successful, and Susan got more comfortable with the idea of turning heads, they decided to see if they could push even farther.

Before I saw her chest in the full picture, I thought it was a cameo from Tai in Questionable Content!

Perhaps this is just from the security guard's perspective, and she's got magic (mark or wand) which allows her to make clothes disappear?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I don't see her expression as annoyed, more like "There's absolutely nothing unusual about this, here's my badge."

Heck, this could be their third convention, after the second one seemed to be successful, and Susan got more comfortable with the idea of turning heads, they decided to see if they could push even farther.

Or fifth convention.

But, yes, very surprising, especially if you consider that the badges offer almost no protection from other angles than ours.

Yet, the security guard seem to be only paying attention to the badges ...

8 minutes ago, partner555 said:

A naked Susan, what are the odds?

Given it's happened? Unity.

Happening in canon?  Not so close to unity.

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Or fifth convention.

But, yes, very surprising, especially if you consider that the badges offer almost no protection from other angles than ours.

Look at the security guard.  Nothing there that she doesn't see in a mirror...

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Happening in canon?  Not so close to unity.

Was relatively close on start of Playing with Dolls.

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
On 09/02/2016 at 2:21 AM, hkmaly said:

Look at the security guard.  Nothing there that she doesn't see in a mirror...

(Comparing the size of security guard and Sarah ...)

... wait. What I meant isn't that the security guard will be ogling them. I just think that wearing nothing except the badges will be against some rules and enforcing those rules will be part of job of that security guard. Problems Jennie Breeden have with her kilt blowing comes to mind.

Security didn't seem to have any problem with the pirate girl wearing nothing but a couple of Xs of tape above the waist.  We can assume that there is similar tape beneath the badges, and something behind the towels too.

Either that, or this is a different alternate universe, one with much healthier attitudes towards nudity and the human body.

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Security didn't seem to have any problem with the pirate girl wearing nothing but a couple of Xs of tape above the waist.  We can assume that there is similar tape beneath the badges, and something behind the towels too.

Either that, or this is a different alternate universe, one with much healthier attitudes towards nudity and the human body.

Maybe Susan has a new spell that makes people oblivious to certain things, like her and Sarah walking around naked, or an Illusion making them look like they're wearing an outfit. The security guard, if she is the same one that had the crystal ball, might be resisting the effects a bit and is thinking "there's something odd about their appearance."

20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

... right. That makes sense as a solution. Although that "something behind the towels" would need to be very cleverly attached ...

20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Doesn't seem so based on Susan and Sarah being the only ones naked.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe Susan has a new spell that makes people oblivious to certain things

Or SARAH does. Would make much more sense especially considering Susan may be affected as well.

or an Illusion making them look like they're wearing an outfit.

Wouldn't that defeat the point of being out naked? Well, at least one of the points, but the one which prompted Susan and Sarah to talk about going to convention FV5 in first place.

Unless, of course, the illusion is of some cosplay outfit from anime which is basically impossible to make or at least wear in reality.

Wasn't the crystal ball just for fun? At least back then ... she MIGHT get something real later, of course, especially if she visited Moperville and met Pandora.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or SARAH does. Would make much more sense especially considering Susan may be affected as well.

That's assuming Sarah awakens and gets more spells, which could be possible, if other spells Sarah could potentially gain are mental based, she could pull a Jedi "nothing out of the ordinary here" trick.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wouldn't that defeat the point of being out naked? Well, at least one of the points, but the one which prompted Susan and Sarah to talk about going to convention FV5 in first place.

Unless, of course, the illusion is of some cosplay outfit from anime which is basically impossible to make or at least wear in reality.

There is probably much to be said about the ability to walk around naked without anyone noticing, would certainly explain why Susan doesn't seem embarrassed this time around, like "They don't even know."

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wasn't the crystal ball just for fun? At least back then ... she MIGHT get something real later, of course, especially if she visited Moperville and met Pandora.

Well yeah, the crystal ball was for fun, but it was still functional, allowing her to view the convention floor and call out people running around. It probably worked a lot better than the security cameras and personnel.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well yeah, the crystal ball was for fun, but it was still functional, allowing her to view the convention floor and call out people running around. It probably worked a lot better than the security cameras and personnel.

Why do you think so? By "just for fun" I meant that it WASN'T functional. What her colleague said points to this - in fact, HE might've been the one informing her about Susan.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That's assuming Sarah awakens and gets more spells

Sketchbooks are allowed to explore the "what-if" territory. So this may easily be based on such assumption even if we later finds out it won't happen (and I still hope it will).

There is probably much to be said about the ability to walk around naked without anyone noticing, would certainly explain why Susan doesn't seem embarrassed this time around, like "They don't even know."

Hmmmm ... or, maybe the security are only people affected by that illusion.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Why do you think so? By "just for fun" I meant that it WASN'T functional. What her colleague said points to this - in fact, HE might've been the one informing her about Susan.

The EGS Con NP isn't considered canon so anything could be possible, including a security staff member having a magical artifact that gave her an omniscient view of the convention.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They are cosplaying "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Or to make it a little more modern, "The Emperor's New Groving Clothes"