• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

40 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Don't feel bad. Comfort food for my son is Japanese curry. I taught him the basics of how to make it, and he took it and ran with it.

To make my bad day worse, the delivery place has issues with my card.  Falling back on pizza.  I have got to get a non Direct Express card.  Too many places act weird with it.

500 degree roast beef.  That is such a simple fool proof way of making rare roast beef it's made it so I think of doing roast beef as a way of having 4 or 5 meals done all at once.  I'm still working on the rub for it. I think I need a little more garlic on it.

Pasta with Italian Sausage and Marinara from Domino's.

The lid was printed with the following phrase.

"A penne saved is a penne earned."

Is the world really in such a state that big business is compelled to use the jokes I would tell?

Various high fiber things.
I'm really thinking about added metamucil wafers to my daily "drugs" list.  I should have done that years ago.

I was up north a few suburbs, and next to the bookstore I went there for was a rather nice Italian restaurant which I realized I had a gift card for rattling around in my back pocket.  I got it from a different branch of the same chain, I forget why, at least as far south of me as this one was north.  It had apparently been there amongst my other cards, waiting to be used, for at least five years, but they said it was still good.

So, I treated myself to Chicken Marsala, which came with a side of spaghetti in olive oil, and a Double Chocolate Brownie for desert.  The brownie comes with a separate dish with strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream.  Unfortunately, some idiot decided that ice cream should have a balsamic vinaigrette topping, one of the most disgusting choices I've come across, but after the face I made when I tasted it, they got me a fresh ice cream without the salad dressing, which was pretty good.  :-)

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Unfortunately, some idiot decided that ice cream should have a balsamic vinaigrette topping, one of the most disgusting choices I've come across,

I think that beats my canned mandarin oranges  in oatmeal as a Bad Idea.

On 1/17/2017 at 0:00 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Thin mints.

With tea.

You know, the local Garland brewery I keep talking about released a version of their "Temptress" Imperial Milk Stout that had Thin Mint flavor added. Called it "Sin Mint Temptress," they did. I called it "bleh." The first thing of theirs that I really didn't like.

Well, the coffee went down and didn't make me nauseous.

It made me sleepy.

Maybe more accurately, it didn't keep me awake. Might have something to do with the fact that I only got under 6 hours of sleep overnight. That, plus all of my morning pills ... gah. In any case, I crashed out for about 2 hours. I'm up now.

I think I need more coffee.

9 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Well, the coffee went down and didn't make me nauseous.

It made me sleepy.

Maybe more accurately, it didn't keep me awake

Not sure if it's related or not but I seem have developed a tolerance for low dosed of caffeine.  One mug of tea seems to have little, if any, effect on my wanting to stay awake nor any effect of in fact falling asleep.  Normal doses of caffeine containing analgesics behave the same way.

Mrs. Prof hasn't come home yet from her tasks at the Garland Pet Adoption Center. She usually brings something, so I wait.

Hopefully she doesn't bring home a pet or two from each of these occasions...

11 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I think the coffee is fighting an uphill battle against both our medications. One cup has little chance of winning with my pill menagerie.

Yeah, but my go to mid level migraine pills have caffeine in them, so you would think that they would combine forces.

One the gripping hand, every thing else I take, other than literal "speed" has "may cause drowsiness" as a side effect, one of the ones that goes on the yellow label on the pill bottle.

Making "steel cut oats" which is a fancy way of saying porridge.

[edit]
I a pleased to report that following the instructions on the can, it resulted in exactly the right thickness for me.  Given my history with oatmeal, this is surprising.    With butter, sugar and raspberry jam, quite tasty.

[note 2] Where is says "stir into boiling water, it means it.  Not quite complete stir resulted in one or two "lumps" of sorta under cooked oats.  Still not bad and I don't see my self buying normal oatmeal again for a while.