• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

As I said other thread, I almost didn't go out Thursday with David.  I'm glad I did however.  Went to a Korean Fusion place, Gogi Gui, and had Beef Bulgogi.  Damn that is good, first time in a month I ate the whole of my entrée.  I verified that I don't like most Korean side dishes however, of the 4 Banchans they offer, Kimchi Cabbage, Seared Tofu, Kongnamul, and Sesame Cabbage, I really only liked the Sesame Cabbage.  The Kongnamul, or bean sprouts, was meh, but I think that about sprouts in general unless they are part of something.

I had been there before, and remember it being pricey, but that was we had gone there for lunch and they didn't have a lunch menu.  Actually quite reasonable, we got out for just over $30 for two and that was with an appetizer of 6 pork pot stickers.  Will go again.

Moved on to Icelandic Provisions "SKYR" yogurt with strawberry and lingonberry. It's not very sweet, so I added a bit of honey. (Sorry, it's Texas honey - Icelandic Honey Week hasn't rolled around yet.) Good stuff.

6 hours ago, partner555 said:

Curry puffs made by my mom.

I would like to try curry puffs one day.

This morning, though, along with my pills (which I forgot to count but assume total the same as yesterday), I'm having Fage blueberry + açai yogurt with some Bonne Maman wild blueberry preserves added. Yes, I know I've been yogurt binging lately, but the stuff is in the house so rarely that I pounce on it whenever I can get my wife to buy it.

Cooked up some Jacques Pepin-style scrambled eggs (very small curd, almost like custard) with Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. One of my favorite "feel good" dishes when I'm physically able to cook it.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Just had some bratwurst with HP sauce instead of mustard and horseradish.  Liked it.  Will do again.

I've got a bottle of Daddies sauce in the fridge. I wonder if it'd taste the same with bratwurst.

BTW, have you tried Currywurst yet? Good stuff, as long as you get the right curry ketchup.

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

BTW, have you tried Currywurst yet? Good stuff, as long as you get the right curry ketchup.

Oh God yes.  Lived on the stuff during my first tour in Germany.  Siegi's sell the exact ketchup that the chicken and wurst stand in Grünstadt used.  Need to get a bottle next time I go there.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Oh God yes.  Lived on the stuff during my first tour in Germany.  Siegi's sell the exact ketchup that the chicken and wurst stand in Grünstadt used.  Need to get a bottle next time I go there.

It wouldn't happen to be this stuff, would it? Hela brand? That's what the German import place on the other side of the D/FW airport carries.

What kind of wurst do you use to duplicate the experience?

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It wouldn't happen to be this stuff, would it? Hela brand? That's what the German import place on the other side of the D/FW airport carries.

What kind of wurst do you use to duplicate the experience?

That would be it.

These are pretty close.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

These are pretty close.

I thought you were supposed to peel weisswurst, with there being about a half dozen methods of peeling it. Do you peel it, or do you cook it another way? (Sorry for taking shots in the dark here, but I really want to try and get as close to the authentic experience as I can.)

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I thought you were supposed to peel weisswurst, with there being about a half dozen methods of peeling it. Do you peel it, or do you cook it another way? (Sorry for taking shots in the dark here, but I really want to try and get as close to the authentic experience as I can.)

Boil for 10 minutes or so.  Actual that's not quite right. I put about 1/2 inch or so of water in a frying pan, set the timer for 10 minutes, put the wursts in it, put on high heat.  Remove after the 10 minutes is up. 

One of the suggested uses on HP sauce is on or in baked beans.  I tried it on black eyed peas based on that.  Result: Meh.  Not horrid, but not real good either.  Will not do again.

Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee, for starters. Plus my morning allotment of pills, which I forgot to count again. I'm just getting started here, having one of my arguments with the Nest thermostat (it says 73°F, but I'm feeling < 68°F). Not sure what breakfast will be, if I have breakfast at all—depends on whether or not my hydrocodone kicks in and controls my right-side back pain and my left-side pain from my arthritic knee and the Chronic Pain Syndrome from my ankle.

Breakfast gets complicated around here.