• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

I just finished some bratwursts with both HP sauce and horseradish.  That was splendid.  I will do that again.

You live in one of the secret sausage Shangri-Las of the Americas. Recognize your luck in that matter.

2 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You live in one of the secret sausage Shangri-Las of the Americas.

I've been to a lot of barbecue places that claim to have a "Secret Sauce".
I've never noticed a place with "Secret Sausage".

On 3/11/2017 at 6:27 PM, Don Edwards said:

However, for a jasmine oolong, there are other sellers, such as this one (not an endorsement, I've never tried them): http://www.tenren.com/jasmineoolong.html

I looked at them, and whew! They are expensive! They're also geared to someone who is much more serious of a tea drinker than I am. I'm happy enough to get my hot water out of my Keurig machine after a rinse cycle, at 192°F, but they recommend 160° to 180°F for their Jasmine pearls. They also recommend using a lot more per cup than I'm using now, and at around $38 bucks a pop for a few ounces of dry stock, I think I'm gonna have to take a pass, lest Mrs. Prof take her vengeance out on me. ^_^

Thanks for the recommendation, though! There may yet come a day when I might try it. My son and daughter-in-law are into tea. They might be persuaded to let an old man into a ceremony, as long as I don't have to sit seiza.

2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Thank you for your report, citizen. The Illuminati will be contacting you shortly. Please do not attempt to leave your domicile, as our snipers can drop you at any time.

Have a nice day.

12 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You live in one of the secret sausage Shangri-Las of the Americas. Recognize your luck in that matter.

Yeah, between Siegi's, Perry's Meats, the weird guy that makes "novelty" sausages for Reasor's and Hebert's Specialty Meats (a Cajun place) we do have a lot of good sausage makers in town.

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I've been to a lot of barbecue places that claim to have a "Secret Sauce".

About half of the BBQ places in Tulsa make their hot links and sausages that they then do a hot smoke treatment to.  So, yeah, we have "Secret Sausages."

Hmm, the place I took the tea class that got me into white teas has switched to online-only.   Might be worth a look.  They had a pretty big variety.  I give them points just for naming one of their more yummy teas "Berry White Tea." :-)

49 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, the place I took the tea class that got me into white teas has switched to online-only.   Might be worth a look.  They had a pretty big variety.  I give them points just for naming one of their more yummy teas "Berry White Tea." :-)

This looked interesting:

https://www.sereneteaz.com/jasmine-dragon-phoenix-pearls-tea/

I might grab a couple of ounces and give 'em a try. Thanks!

I lost my dinner to a cat last night.

Allow me to explain.

My wife had a meeting with some members of one of the pet adoption groups here in Garland yesterday. After the meeting, she went out to dinner with the higher-ups of the group. She called me at around 7:00 p.m. to let me know and told me she'd bring me something back, probably around 9:00.

Fast forward to just after 9:00 p.m.—I get another phone call. She's been called back to the Pet Adoption Center to help catch a loose cat that's been prowling around indoors for three days. You see, the cat's been ignoring the regular feral cat traps (it's found a source of food somewhere, probably in storage), and my wife has one of the only "drop traps" in the city (picture a box on a stick, then make it a big fold-up device). She said my dinner (beef enchiladas) would probably get cold, but she wouldn't be gone too much longer.

I get on Facebook and find she's posted thermal imaging pictures from the adoption center's security cameras. I post a comment, saying I hope they've got a refrigerator, referring to keeping my dinner from spoiling.

Fifty-two minutes past midnight. I'm dead asleep. The phone rings, but I can't find it before it goes to voice mail. It's her, but she doesn't call back. I go back to sleep.

Sometime past 1:00 a.m., the door opens. She walks in with a Whataburger bag with a Monterrey Melt and onion rings inside. My beef enchiladas did *not* go into the fridge at the adoption center, because she didn't pick up on what I was trying to say. Instead, they went into the garbage. Whatever. At this point, I'll eat whatever she offers, which is half of the Monterrey Melt (all my gastric bypass stomach can handle—the rest goes in the fridge (insert cruel irony here)). She gets the onion rings to go with her chicken strips and gravy.

I thank her for the Monterrey Melt and go back to sleep. At least I got Whataburger.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Team Feline has another hard won victory.

It is amazing to think that Team Human keeps playing the game at this point.  It's not like we are deliberately trying to be the Washington Generals in this series.

Big talk from the Pharaoh whose kingdom STARTED the game several thousands of years ago. Did the Saqqara Mummies score even a single win back then?

18 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I just had one of those times when you know exactly what a link leads to without clicking it...

I did kind of give it away with the "KITTY!!!" statement.

Just finished the 500 degrees part of a roast beef.  So, yeah, beef chunks for meals for the next three or four days.

[Edit]  Finished cooking, just had a few slices.  I think I have the rub down now.  I might try fat side up next time to see what that does.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Hazelnut coffee, with hazelnut cream and cream.  Used the last of my hazelnut cream however.

I find hazelnut cream with hazelnut coffee too hazelnutty. I have my own blend of coffee that's a 3:1 mix of french roast:hazelnut vanilla that's pretty good IMO.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

too hazelnutty.

That is not possible.

I like hazelnuts. I like chocolate and hazelnuts. That's about my limit, though. I don't like it in coffee. The tastes clash, IMHO.

12 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I like hazelnuts. I like chocolate and hazelnuts. That's about my limit, though. I don't like it in coffee. The tastes clash, IMHO.

If you don't mix it well the last swallow is a bit weird, I'll grant that.

More Sam's Club stuff, in about 30 minutes or so. Stuffed bell peppers. Not really looking forward to it, but that's what happens when you're disabled and you let Mrs. Prof make most of the food buying choices.