• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Don't pennies cost way more that 1 cent to make?

Yeah, one of the reasons why Canada doesn't make pennies anymore.

Though things still cost like pennies still exist which is either good or bad depending on what you buy, because it'll round to the nearest nickel, so something that's $4.97 will get you 5 cents back if you pay $5, but it it was $4.98 then you gotta pay $5.

Having coffee (my vanilla/hazelnut/french dark roast blend) right now, but when I had finished my EI information seminar (which only ended up taking an hour instead of an hour and a half), I decided to stop by the mall on my way home and have some food court Manchu Wok. For $13.50 (canadian) I had a plate of noodles, stir fried vegetables and honey garlic chicken. It was sooooo good, the chicken had a light, crispy tempura coating and it wasn't completely drenched in honey garlic sauce, and the veggies weren't overcooked although they could have cut the broccoli a little smaller because I only had a plastic fork to eat with and the veggies were in big chunks. I managed though and was completely full by then end.

Just had another bag of salad with bleu cheese dressing.

I don't normally like iceberg lettuce, but some times I sort of want that watery sort of tasteless crunch.

Pizza Hut pizza: pepperoni, Italian sausage, red onions, and mushrooms, with extra cheese. Plus quepapas. Shared with Mrs. Prof, who's working from home today.

Glad to be back to eating "normalish" food after yesterday. Went through a whole bottle of cranberry juice, mixed with lemon tea yesterday. Haven't cracked open the jasmine oolong yet.

Tea.  And I am about to make anouther mug.  This one didn't fully wake me up.  Just enough to get out of bed, but not enough to make dealing with LaTeX easy.

Dr Pepper, made with real cane sugar, but in a green can.  Dr Pepper should be in a red can.  This bothers me more than it should.

58 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Dr Pepper, made with real cane sugar, but in a green can.  Dr Pepper should be in a red can.  This bothers me more than it should.

Have you had the original recipe hot, with thin lemon slices? Preferably at 10am, 2pm, or 4pm? Most refreshing.

Seriously, I've actually tried the stuff that way. It's good.

4 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Have you had the original recipe hot, with thin lemon slices? Preferably at 10am, 2pm, or 4pm? Most refreshing.

Seriously, I've actually tried the stuff that way. It's good.

Yes, I have.  I like lime slices better than lemon, but that is but a quibble.

Drinking jasmine oolong tea again, in an attempt to soothe this damned cough that won't go away.

I'm going to start a course of Nexium tomorrow, just in case reflux/GERD is involved. I'm getting desperate now.

I'm making a Cream of Mushroom with Garlic soup with some leftover steak mushrooms.  I also noticed that at least one of the cans of "Cream of Mushroom" soup I have, is in fact, Cream of Shrimp.  Not sure how I feel about that.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm making a Cream of Mushroom with Garlic soup with some leftover steak mushrooms.  I also noticed that at least one of the cans of "Cream of Mushroom" soup I have, is in fact, Cream of Shrimp.  Not sure how I feel about that.

I would feel more comfortable with that being labeled "shrimp bisque" or similar. Campbell's?

1 minute ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I would feel more comfortable with that being labeled "shrimp bisque" or similar. Campbell's?

Yep.

Can't say I've ever seen Campbell's Cream of Shrimp. Cream of Oyster, yes, but not shrimp.

Currently ingesting small portions of a Sam's Club Chicken/Berry/Feta/Almond/Spinach salad w/Pear Vinaigrette, trying to avoid the chicken bits so that Mrs. Prof can have it when she eats her half (okay, more than half).

I just tried the Kentucky Fried Chicken "Georgia Gold" today.  A mustard-based sauce on the chicken.  A nice variation on the Colonel's traditional style.

However, I am wondering about the name.  I thought mustard-based sauces were a Carolina tradition.  Not Georgia.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

However, I am wondering about the name.  I thought mustard-based sauces were a Carolina tradition.  Not Georgia.

Obviously, they felt that 'Carolina Copper' did not sound nearly as good as 'Georgia Gold.'

Drinking jasmine oolong with two intents in mind. First, I'm coughing again, and my inhaler didn't really help. Second, I've got stomach cramps for some unknown reason, and I'm hoping it'll calm them down.

Have you ever noticed that tea with no additions doesn't hold its heat as long as coffee with creamer does? I remember seeing something on TV about the coffee side of the equation, a long time ago. The creamer, even stirred in, acts as an insulator at the surface, keeping the heat inside the cup. Their conclusion? If you really want to keep your coffee hot, put whipped cream on top of it.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

...put whipped cream on top of it.

This is a way to deal with many of life's little problems.

Obligatory The Whiteboard comic

autotwb1777.png

My third half of a sub sandwich and the technicolor blood of my enemies. 

I'll leave you to guess the context. 

Drove out to a little dockside restaurant for some real seafood.

Had the Grouper Sandwich.  Also, Stone Crab Chowder because they are in season.

Lets hear it for Stone Crabs.  Give them a hand.  They gave their hands to us.

A Tex-Mex place I like which has a totally original and unique special.  Taco Tuesday.

They have cartoon like paintings on the acoustic ceiling tiles.  Today, I was intimidated by the message "Ceiling Cat is watching you masticate".

Dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's.  And before that, Coq au Vin from Trader Joe's.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They have cartoon like paintings on the acoustic ceiling tiles.  Today, I was intimidated by the message "Ceiling Cat is watching you masticate".

Now I want to go eat there both to see the ceiling and to support a business with a sense of humor and the knowledge and willingness to play with the English language like that.  :-)