• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It seems that Iceland shares several people's here feeling on pineapple on Pizza.  And maybe bananas.

Didn't their president start the meme? Or, was he just asked about his preference by someone riding the meme?

Drinking jasmine oolong again for my cough. Had some Panera Baked Potato Soup from Sam's Club several hours ago for the same reason. It was less successful. Tasted good, but not so good for my cough.

Having Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup, with an herb and "lotsa"* garlic blend added to it. Pretty darned good I think. Also had a cucumber and cheese sandwich.

*The label actually does say "Lotsa Garlic" as there is a version of the blend with only half the amount of garlic, apparently there are some that think it's possible to have too much garlic. Anyway, there's a local person I know that makes her own seasoning blends and dip mixes and such and they aren't expensive either.

24 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I have a simple rule for seasoning blends: if salt is one of the first two ingredients, it stays on the shelf.

There's no salt in the "Lotsa Garlic" blend, the person does make a mediterranean sea salt blend that has, of course, sea salt, as well as garlic, dried sweet and hot peppers, lemon zest and other herbs, looking at the grinder the amount of sea salt might make up 10-15% of the blend, but it's something you'd use in place of just salt and pepper for most cooking.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

::grabs mlooney's list:: There's gotta be a special place for this sort of thing....

Not really.  Implied other uses isn't really a pun as such.  One the other hand, /me does have the rarely used "squick" list, which, to be honest, that doesn't really make it to.  Of course, you may add your entry, but, please, add an asterisk  to the entry.

Lists aside, I'm starting a 500 degree roast.  Due to the way it was cut, I can't do it "fat side up" but it's also not "fat side down" either, so it's sorta my test case any way.  Lots of oil and garlic for the rub.

42 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Lots of oil and garlic for the rub.

That makes it sizzle and smell like a steak being cooked.  This going to make the roughly 2 and half hour wait a real problem

Had one of my Pizza Hut "non-pizzas" tonight. It was built on a pizza crust, but it had garlic-parmesan sauce instead of tomato sauce. Put beef, meatballs, red onions, mushrooms, and extra cheese on that, and you've got a delicious nontraditional pizza. My son was here, trying to resurrect my eight-year-old laptop (which died with no warning and failed all resuscitation attempts), and he got a slice. Surprised him, it did—so much so that he went back for seconds.

Sweet corn with the last of my chive butter.  However the way the chives are growing I should be able to make some more in a week or two.

44 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Ooh, you grow your own chives? Nice.

Yes, that is one thing I can do even in an apartment.  Got a good sized pot of them out on the "lawn"

There may come a day when man empties the coffee grounds before they mold1, but today is not that day...

That aside, making hazelnut coffee with hazelnut cream, but with no cream.  Ran out of cream and milk.

1From the espresso machine.

As I mentioned, I'm out of liquid dairy products, so I added a dash of lime juice to the mug of tea I'm having now.  Not as good as tea with milk or half and half, but not bad.

On 4/17/2017 at 4:57 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Jasmine oolong. Again. Damned laryngospasms.

I'm doing some gunpowder green tea, because I have a bit of tickle in my throat and I don't want to lose any more hours to The Q than I have to.  I lost most of today for No Good Reason, and I'd like to be sort of functional Friday.  I have massive cut-paste-change projects planed for the next couple of days.

Steel cut oat porridge made with "Golden Mushroom" soup instead of water.  The porridge is the 5 minute type, for what it's worth.  Not bad, will do again.

The more I ate of it, the more I liked it.  Will do again for sure.

You know how you aren't supposed to go shopping while hungry?  I have found that cooking 500 degree roast is tricky when hungry as well.  At least with my rub about ten minutes into the cook stage I start getting really hungry from the sounds and smells.

On 4/20/2017 at 10:06 PM, mlooney said:

I'm doing some gunpowder green tea, because I have a bit of tickle in my throat and I don't want to lose any more hours to The Q than I have to.

I tried some Keurig-brewed Pinhead Gunpowder green tea today. Not as effective on my horking as jasmine oolong. Then again, neither is effective against the hydrocodone I'm on now. It tries to put me in a coma around three hours after I take it. I fought it with coffee today. Eighty percent success. I stayed awake, but I got nausea to the point where I had to dump a promethazine after it. Still stayed awake, though, even if the coffee didn't help my coughing.

In other news, Mrs. Prof announced yesterday that she was making a trip to the local Albertsons. I asked her to bring back soup—Campbell's—cream of something. I figured she'd know what a sane person would eat for a meal. Again, 80% success. Among the rational stuff, she brought home a can of Cream of Onion.

Let that sink in for a second. Cream of Smegging Onion. Who the hell eats that as a standalone meal? That's an ingredient, for cryin' out loud.

All I can think to do is mix it with a can of Cream of Mushroom and have a bowl of Cream of Onion/Mushroom soup. Geez. Cream of Onion.