• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

Skipping the onions for now. Just finished off the last of a pack of Black Forest Tim-Tams. Nom.

Mrs. Prof gave them a "meh." I swear, if we ever do go to Australia, she's going to die of starvation once we're there, since everything I've bought from http://www.aussieproducts.com has received a "meh" from her, with one exception: Continental's Rich Beefy Mince, which the company doesn't make anymore.

40 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Skipping the onions for now. Just finished off the last of a pack of Black Forest Tim-Tams. Nom.

Mrs. Prof gave them a "meh." I swear, if we ever do go to Australia, she's going to die of starvation once we're there, since everything I've bought from http://www.aussieproducts.com has received a "meh" from her, with one exception: Continental's Rich Beefy Mince, which the company doesn't make anymore.

She needs to get into the spirit of it. Tell her that she should give them a "no worries, she'll be right."

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

She needs to get into the spirit of it. Tell her that she should give them a "no worries, she'll be right."

Incidentally, I got curious and pulled up Continental's website last night. Guess what I found? Rich Beefy Mince! It's in a new packet, which means they may have temporarily stopped making it and then restarted. In either case, I shot off an e-mail to AussieProducts.com and asked them to order some the next time they do an import container (that's how they get their stock from Australia into the United States). I said I'd buy at least half a dozen.

I'm not trying to plug their site, but I am encouraging the adventurous among us to go to Continental's Recipe Bases website and see if there's anything there that appeals to you. If so, send an e-mail to AussieProducts.com and ask them to bring some over. Don't bother telling them I sent you—they wouldn't know me from a hole in the ground, and they don't give out "referral points" or anything like that.

There, tOH. I'll shut up now. I hope I didn't overstep the bounds of the Off Topic forum.

Edited by ProfessorTomoe
Grammar idiocy.

I've got the last of my leftover city chicken from Easter for lunch today.  Very much looking forward to that.

For Reasons, I'm not getting to do my weekly shopping trips.  This has resulted in me running out of liquid dairy products.  To fix this I bought a pound of dried heavy cream.  I added 1 teaspoon (what it said was a serving) to a mug of tea that I would normally put about 1/8th cup of milk or half and half in.

Result?  Tasty, but a bit to much dairy.  Looks like I'll be trying a half teaspoon next time.

I remember, back in my youth, chocolate flavored Malt-O-Meal. Grits are close to the plain version.  So I decided to try grits with my Nutella.  Result, not bad, will do again, but need to add a little more for the full effect.

Grits made with Cream of Mushroom with garlic soup.  I think I will stick to steel cut oatmeal as the thickness agent.  Grits were, well gritty.

Jasmine oolong to try and soothe some of this sore throat that the nebulizer has given me. I'm not sure if the nebulizer is working or not—it might be, if it weren't for the fact that I start coughing like crazy when I roll onto my back. Otherwise, the coughing doesn't seem as constant as it used to be.

Tonkotsu flavor Ramen.  It's a large instant bowl that I originally bought at Epcot when I was expecting to be staying in the hotel at least three more days and wanted something to eat other than PB&J.  When I made my hurried exit, I tossed it into the shopping bag I'd tossed a few other things that didn't fit either the suitcase or the official carry-on, figuring I could always throw it out if I had to, and they let me get away with it.

It was pretty good, nothing to drive an hour out of your way for but definitely worth eating if it's handy.

For Reasons I'm freaking starving right now.  So I'm doing "baked" bacon.  A whole pound of it.  Took two things to fit it all.  I expect the normal effect of too much grease come dawn or so.

Important safety note:
Oven bacon in a metal thing cooks faster than bacon in a glass thing.  The bacon in the metal thing, after 16 minutes is just about to crispy, pushing burnt.  Glass bacon, just right on the chewy scale.

I'm making 3.5 servings of black-eyed peas (1 can) with four "servings" of bacon left over from the baked bacon.

In what human inhabited universe is 1 slice of bacon a serving?

It was good, but what do you expect from Trappy's black eyed peas with four slices of bacon added.

I'm having some mushroom flavoured Mr. Noodles, 2 packs, with some of that herb and lotsa garlic seasoning mix as well as 3 slices of Kraft cheese. The cheese pretty much completely dissolved in the water so it kind of looks like a watered down cream of mushroom soup with noodles, but it still tastes good. ;)

On 4/30/2017 at 2:33 AM, mlooney said:

I expect the normal effect of too much grease come dawn or so.

Yes, that is a thing that happened.  Pills taken.

Just had a sub with Datil Pepper sauce.

The peppers themselves are too hot for me to enjoy.  But just this year I have found several varieties of Datil Pepper Sauce that have almost the perfect blend of sweet and spicy for me.

How have I not known about this potion for so long?

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, mlooney said:

It all depends on the size of the pork belly from which the rashers are cut.  Maybe Rhoda can give Oscar Mayer a hand?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It all depends on the size of the pork belly from which the rashers are cut.  Maybe Rhoda can give Oscar Mayer a hand?

Or...

To give an idea of the size of the pig, the girl standing next to it is thirty feet tall.

(Even though she claims to only be twenty-nine feet tall. She is a little embarrassed by her height.)

I just had the "Cream of Shrimp" soup I mentioned up thread.  I know why they called it that instead of Shrimp Bisque.  It wasn't a Bisque is why.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great either.  May or may not buy again.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I just had the "Cream of Shrimp" soup I mentioned up thread.  I know why they called it that instead of Shrimp Bisque.  It wasn't a Bisque is why.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great either.  May or may not buy again.

I asked Mrs. Prof to try and find some Cream of Shrimp at our local wherever-she-went store. She was unsuccessful, and spendthrift that she is, she wasn't about to go searching for anything labeled "Pepperidge Farm" or similarly high-falootin'.

Bless me older religious person, for I have sinned.

I ordered a bottle of Dr Pepper with my monthly pizza.  It's the first HFCS Dr Pepper I have had in about two years now.  This two liter bottle may last a while, it is too sweet, in a different way than the sugar version and way more carbonated.  Will not do again.

I was drinking the cold cup of coffee that mlooney despises so much, but that was hours ago. Now drinking Crystal Light Lemon Tea. Can't stomach anymore caffeine at the moment. If I need more, I'm gonna have to get it via IV.

On 5/1/2017 at 6:50 AM, mlooney said:

Probably in the same universe where customers want to hear that bacon is only 100 calories per serving.

Sucking down another cup of coffee to try and combat epidural headache symptoms. Bad brain freeze today.

Am I the only person here who gets a lot of gas (burping) after drinking coffee? Yes or no?