• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

25 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

But ... but ... Costa Rica!

*wince* It's especially bad there. The Caffeine Investigation Agency decided to place an embargo on strategic and weapons grade espressos and cappucinos from there. Anything you get from there is 99% likely to be decaf due to overzealous enforcement of the embargo.

Bought a bottle of the Datil Pepper sauce that I really like.

Read the label and the first ingredient is KETCHUP.

At first I was dismayed.  But then I thought, if just a few more ingredients can turn ketchup into something special, why do Heinz et al sell it as such a bland sauce?

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Bought a bottle of the Datil Pepper sauce that I really like.

Read the label and the first ingredient is KETCHUP.

At first I was dismayed.  But then I thought, if just a few more ingredients can turn ketchup into something special, why do Heinz et al sell it as such a bland sauce?

That is, well, odd.  I didn't think that "ketchup" was on the list of things that are and in themselves an ingredient.  Did it have a set of parentheses and then list what ketchup is?

All that aside, I'm having one or more bratwursts and a Dr Pepper and a half.

8 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Would it be wrong for me to say that I envy your sausage? o.O

Nope.  Would not be.

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:
13 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Would it be wrong for me to say that I envy your sausage? o.O

Nope.  Would not be.

Damn. I so much want to go to that place over in Colleyville (near the big D/FW airport) and do some serious German sausage/meat/food/whatever shopping. Only problem is Mrs. Prof always schedules either cat volunteer stuff or house cleaning stuff on the weekends, and it would be a good 90-minutes for a round-trip (or for one-way if the traffic is bad).

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Professor, you probably should wait until your toe's moe bettter.

You speak truth, good sir, but damn, I've been Jonesing for some good German food lately ...

Mrs. Prof agrees that my foot needs to be in better shape prior to a German Deli excursion. I did give fair notice that I am seriously interested in going and purchasing some of their wares, however. There's absolutely no time for it this weekend, and it's doubtful that there will be any time for it over the next month (minimum).

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Maybe add something appropriate to your Amazon wishlist and see what happens?

Ohmydearlord. (checks pulse, makes conscious effort to slow breathing) I hadn't considered invoking the hubris to ask for something like that. O.O !!!

(mind starts racing—will have to keep racing until I get back from the podiatrist's office)

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Maybe add something appropriate to your Amazon wishlist and see what happens?

I've added two items at both ends of the price spectrum to my Amazon Wish List. I'm now going to sit back and, as you suggest, see what happens. And go slightly mad in the process. ;)

I have an intense craving for a Euro-style ham and mushroom pizza and a large glass of Lambrusco wine.

That is because of a song that just came up on random play.  I think I'm going to make some squash.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I have an intense craving for a Euro-style ham and mushroom pizza and a large glass of Lambrusco wine.

That is because of a song that just came up on random play.  I think I'm going to make some squash.

Euro-style ham, mushroom pizza, lambrusco wine, and squash. must be one hell of a song. ;)

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Euro-style ham, mushroom pizza, lambrusco wine, and squash. must be one hell of a song. ;)

Sunday Girl. by Blondie, in French.  Got played a lot at the place down the street during my first tour in Germany. 

On 5/24/2017 at 5:41 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Just drank a cup of coffee. Now I feel sleepy. WTF?

We sometimes give a doggie a sedative and see what's called "paradoxical excitation" happen.  Current theory is that the sedative hit just the perfect dose for the part of the brain that puts the brakes on the rest to be put to sleep.

Coffee-as-sedative is reported a lot in people with ADHD.  Sort of like Ritalin, the coffee provides just enough stimulation to wake up the control centers of the brain, and they rein in everything else.

12 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Coffee-as-sedative is reported a lot in people with ADHD.  Sort of like Ritalin, the coffee provides just enough stimulation to wake up the control centers of the brain, and they rein in everything else.

That explains why, even though I drink a couple cups a day, I still tend to feel tired. Though if I happen to have a few mixed alcoholic beverages (like Rum and Coke) I get wired...

On 5/30/2017 at 7:37 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Coffee-as-sedative is reported a lot in people with ADHD.

By its self.  Maybe, with Adderall.  Hope you like zillion heart beat per minute morning.  Of course what I call a mug of coffee is what I think a coffee shop would call a quad shot.  I'm sure they would have a silly name of putting Nutella in it, with extra sugar and milk.

Mrs. Prof brought home Grandy's chicken fried steak tonight. First time in many years we've had Grandy's, for good reason. It's been bleaugh the last times we had it. Well, for some reason she decided to break our ... boycott? Not sure that's the right word, but my brain's not working right at the moment.

Believe it or not, it wasn't bad. Decent gravy, half-way decent steaks, just good in general. I ate too much. Had to take a Zofran afterward because I overate. That'll teach me.

I never did get a bite on my Amazon Wishlist sausage items, so I ordered some of my own stuff from GermanDeli.com over in Colleyville. Good stuff, too:

http://www.germandeli.com/Siegis-Weisswurst-4-Link-Pack

http://www.germandeli.com/HoWe-Nuremberg-Bratwurst-Premium-Breakfast-Links-7oz

http://www.germandeli.com/HoWe-Premium-Caramelized-Onion-Bratwurst-12oz

I also got another bottle of Currywurst sauce to go with the Siegis Weisswurst and a pack of fried potatoes and onions for the 12-oz brats (both bratwursts are imported from Germany, BTW). It's all supposed to get here tomorrow afternoon.

I could still use the two items on my Amazon Wishlist, if anyone is feeling charitable. :)

OK so not too long ago someone pointed out a drink involving orange soda and vanilla ice cream, I tried it and it's pretty good, like having and orange creamcicle.

Today I had a craving for an old fashion root beer float. I didn't have any regular root beer, but I did have a couple bottles of hard root beer (6% alcohol) and decided to give that a try with some butterscotch ripple, instead of just letting the ice cream stay clumped, I hand blended it with a spoon which gave it a really nice thick foam on top, by golly it's tasty.

Just finished off the second half of a Bacon Blue Cheese burger we brought home after the ultrasound from a local small chain called Island Burger. Not bad. Better when it was hot.

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

While we were away, FedEx delivered my wurst. Nom. I'm looking forward to some caramelized onion bratwurst and potatoes for dinner one night. Mrs. Prof is going to have to cook them, though, so that's not going to be easy convincing her to do it.

Hmm. Maybe my son? Lemme give him a call ...

Mrs. Prof brought home a Nissin Souper Meal from the pharmacy (chicken, of course) and is barbarically eating them with a large gaijin spoon. She's not even supposed to have ramen, since her diabetes is worse than mine (A1C = 7.1 or 6.7, she can't remember). However, I told her than our son could teach her how to use chopsticks to eat ramen. She then fell back on the cop-out that she's not supposed to have ramen because of her diabetes.

You see what I'm up against? o.O