• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I didn't have anything much healthier. I had a Bumble Bee Tuna "Snack On The Run" tuna salad kit, with a few sprinkles of fleur de sel  on top of it. I've also moved the HoWe Nuremberg Bratwurst Premium Breakfast Links out of the freezer and into the fridge, since it says to just keep below 40°F (my fridge is set at 37°F). They should be thawed out by Sunday, so we can have eggs and imported Nuremberg Bratwurst for breakfast.

If my son is up for it, we're gonna have a sausage party next week. Not that kind of sausage party. He's coming over so we can watch the IndyCar Race from the Texas Motor Speedway on TV. Before it comes on, I'm gonna try and talk him into cooking the other Brats, the Weisswurst, and the potatoes. I'm also going to try and get him to pick up some sauerkraut from one of his local high-end stores before he comes over. Once he's done cooking, we'll have four imported Brats, four Siegis Tulsa Weisswurst for currywurst, plus potatoes and sauerkraut.

Mrs. Prof will probably just snack. I think the whole idea scares her.

I took a pair of salmon filets that had been frozen for at least 3 years, maybe 8.  Depends.  Any rate, Not Good.  Tossed after 2 bites.  Now eating leftover pasta and chili. 

55 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I took a pair of salmon filets that had been frozen for at least 3 years, maybe 8.  Depends.  Any rate, Not Good.  Tossed after 2 bites.  Now eating leftover pasta and chili. 

This is why I suggested to Danish Crown that they change their name to Danish Meat Antiquities.

21 hours ago, mlooney said:

20 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

This is why I suggested to Danish Crown that they change their name to Danish Meat Antiquities.

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does Denmark produce the same degree of freshness in salmon that they do in butter cookies?

I don't think you understand me.  Those salmon were in my or my mother freezer for either 3 or 8 years.  I have a similar package, but its salmon is vacuumed sealed.  I have hopes for it.  I think it's the Obama-era, not the Bush-era salmon and the Bush-era salmon is what I had issues with.  Any rate will be cooking them some other way.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I don't think you understand me. 

Unfortunately I do understand you. Danish Crown was caught selling meat they had had in their freezers for YEARS. Stein's Labs (our food quality control) was not pleased. The customers tricked into buying it neither.

20 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Unfortunately I do understand you. Danish Crown was caught selling meat they had had in their freezers for YEARS. Stein's Labs (our food quality control) was not pleased. The customers tricked into buying it neither.

That sounds pretty close to illegal.  No, change that.  That sounds illegal.  

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

That sounds pretty close to illegal.  No, change that.  That sounds illegal.  

Yes. It is. Very much so. There was a reason for the media storm Danish Crown was desperately trying to weather at the time. And my suggestion for a new name was by no means the only comment or suggestion they received. Many of them had to do with exactly which orifice they could shove the meat they tried to sell into, and how hard.

Doesn't Denmark have institutional cafeterias where dull, grey, overcooked slabs of mystery meat are the only things that they serve no matter what it may say on the menu?

As long as a civilized people have that or similar outlets, the regular commercial retailers should never see the "expired" food.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Doesn't Denmark have institutional cafeterias where dull, grey, overcooked slabs of mystery meat are the only things that they serve no matter what it may say on the menu?

We do. They are called Army cafeterias.

I have been ingesting over the course of several days a serving of Moo Shi Pork. The "pancakes" that came with it got used to wrap Greek salad burritos, since they're useless for containing their intended dish. Instead, I've been using flour tortillas. Works and tastes better, IMHO. I'm just glad I got extra hoisin sauce. :) 

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

We do. They are called Army cafeterias.

I got lucky.  During my 10ish years in the Army I only had one bad mess hall, and it was at the battery I spent the least time at.   C-2/1 ADA, on the other hand was freaking great.  The mess sergeant was planning on opening a fine dining place and was using us as menu testers.  Some fails, but all in all, very freaking good Breakfasts and Dinner.  Lunch, depends on which E-6 was in charge.  I don't remember "SSG Red" real name, but if you knew he was on duty, you didn't eat lunch. 

Oops. Forgot I needed to eat and take my pills before getting sleep.

I am ingesting @The Old Hack's Parmesan sausage on Lemongrass-Ginger Triscuits. Good stuff.

Will be ingesting a shoebox full of pills with fly-free Crystal Light lemon tea after that. Not so good stuff, except for the fly-free tea.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Jasmine oolong again. I keep waking up tonight, so I thought it was time I revisited an old friend. Plus, my sinuses have been acting up. Good for what ails ya.

Green tea.  Because I'm out of sugar.

Chicken Yaki Udon from the mostly-sushi place in our strip mall.  Yummy, but too messy to try to eat noodles with a fairly runny sauce, while wearing the scrub top I'll be seeing clients and patients in the rest of the day.  I finally just tucked a towel into my collar, telling the girls to laugh if they wanted to.  Nobody did, they've all been in the same boat!

Hmm, if only the empty restaurant next door would open up as....hmm, let's see....a place with a really good salad bar, healthy stir fries with lots of choices of sauce, and Japan-sized servings of ice cream.  Yeah, that'd do it!

Churros

Crispy fried cake rolled in cinnamon and sugar.

I remember when Doughnuts used to be like that.  Now they're a puffy delivery vehicle for glaze and/or frosting.  Used to be that the puffy rolls were at least filled with something.