• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

A single leftover Usinger's wiener with currywurst ketchup. Got the Usinger's from my local Sprouts. Not bad, but have given up on convincing Mrs. Prof to enjoy traditional German sausages. (Get your mind out of the gutter, there.)

Got a small shipment from GermanDeli.com. Included was a pack of Asendorfer "sour cream" butter. Very good stuff. Had some on a Club cracker. The only problem with it is that they use Comic Sans for the label.  :doom:

Also in the shipment, and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with this one, was a pack of smoked goose breast meat. From the pictures, you'd think it'd be sliced, but it wasn't, and I'm no expert meat carver. At least it's boneless and "fully cooked," thank goodness.

Having another smoked goose breast sandwich, this time warmed. Mayo and Muenster cheese again.

Warm smoked goose breast rocks! I've always heard that duck fat is king when it comes to frying other things. I hope goose fat is close, because I've never had duck fat.

Sam's Club salad: spinach, feta, almonds, strawberries, blueberries, and pear vinaigrette. With thinly sliced smoked goose breast.

Not even the wonderfulness of smoked goose breast can overcome the meh-ness of a Sam's Club salad. :(

Scrambled eggs.  The "I want some thing to eat"  to "food in the bowl" time on them is down to under 4 minutes and that includes washing the pan.

I just figured out that my standard cup of coffee with hazelnut cream is just shy of 300 calories.  That makes it higher in calories than the 4 scrambled eggs I had just before I made the coffee.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

I just figured out that my standard cup of coffee with hazelnut cream is just shy of 300 calories.  That makes it higher in calories than the 4 scrambled eggs I had just before I made the coffee.

Ok, we start feeding coffee beans to chickens and produce Caffeinated Eggs.

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
22 hours ago, mlooney said:

Ok, we start feeding coffee beans to chickens and produce Caffeinated Eggs.

That won't work. All you'll get is very hard to catch chickens.

For lunch, mostaccioli in garlic and olive oil, with spinach, mushroooms, roasted red pepper, and strips of grilled chicken.  It's my standard/favorite order from the choose-your-own pasta place near me.  For dinner, a suture company rep hosted a continuing education talk on sutures and they served Italian beef, fried chicken, and some sort of penne red sauce, of which I had the first two, plus some garlic bread,  Got a few free samples of suture to try, at least!

Filing away my CE certificate....Ye gods, this puts me at 72.5 hours of Continuing Education credits for this year, so far.  It's only August.  There's a six hour Trauma day I'm already signed up for, and at least one more six hour ChicagoVMA CE day.  I could well break 100 hours this year!  (The license requires 40 hours every two years.)

LOL, nope.  Current renewal is until 1/31/19, after that the count resets to zero.  And if you hadn't guessed, I love CE!  It's fun to learn new stuff, and it helps make me a better vet.  If I won the Powerball, I suspect I'd go to half a dozen CE conventions every year.

Gel cup with fruit in it. I don't even want to think about what the gel is made out of at the moment.

Pity the monarchs of the Tudor era. You REALLY don't want to know what made their gelatin green.

Got a cup of tea, made with PGTips and Celestial Season's apple spice.  I started to do this combo when I ran out of milk/half-n=half for the tea.  I've gotten where I like it enough I might do it even if I have dairy to go in the tea.  I suspect, however, it's one or the other because the apple taste is strong enough that I think it might curdle the milk if mixed.

Just finished off a cup of what has become my favorite coffee blend as of late: a mixture of Fresh Roasted Coffee's Organic Bali Blue Moon (Single Serve) (8oz) and their Black Knight Dark Roast (Single Serve) (6oz). My reviews, posted here and here respectively, have both been no higher than 3 stars. However, you mix the two in the indicated proportions, apply creamer and sweetener, and by jovy, old lad! You've got a blend that is positively astounding! From my Black Knight review:

Blam! Chocolaty, rich, smooth, and just the right darkness. Give it an extra star, perhaps two for that blend. If Fresh Roasted Coffee would do that, they would have a winner on their hands.

I am to be enjoying this very much, thank you.

On the "not to be enjoying this very much front" please to note that while Apple/spice herbal tea with real tea is good, "Lemon Zinger" with real tea is Bad.  Very much Bad.

12 minutes ago, mlooney said:

On the "not to be enjoying this very much front" please to note that while Apple/spice herbal tea with real tea is good, "Lemon Zinger" with real tea is Bad.  Very much Bad.

I dunno. I don't think I'd want to add my iPhone to spiced herbal tea.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Got a cup of tea, made with PGTips and Celestial Season's apple spice.  I started to do this combo when I ran out of milk/half-n=half for the tea.  I've gotten where I like it enough I might do it even if I have dairy to go in the tea.  I suspect, however, it's one or the other because the apple taste is strong enough that I think it might curdle the milk if mixed.

Hmmm, tea plus spices plus milk?  You've reinvented Chai!