• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

Normally on the 3rd of the month I get a bag of cereal as my "treat food", normally raisin bran or shredded wheat.  This month I got a gallon of ice cream instead.  Just finished off half of it.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, mlooney said:

El Caballo de Oro, Pittsburg KS. I recommend this place. The "3 kings fajitas" rock. Beef, chicken and shrimp.

I almost always order fajitas at Mexican restaurants, and beef/chicken/shrimp combos are my favorite!

More veggies than expected.  Yesterday I went grocery shopping at Mariano's, and they sell pizza slices.  I got one "sausage" and one "italian beef", and ate the sausage one, which was exactly what you'd expect it to be.  Today, I had the "italian beef" slice, which did indeed have nice big strips of beef on top.  However, hidden under the cheese I identified not only green pepper bits, which I'm not fond of but can tolerate in small amounts, but also, of all things, cauliflour and carrot!  I am, as a certain someone puts it, less than gruntled, although only mildly so, as the pizza was actually edible.  It just was not at all what I was expecting!

Cauliflower, carrot, and green pepper?

I've seen pickled giardiniera (or sottaceti or "hot mix") on Italian Beef sandwiches.

I suppose it was inevitable that it would eventually make its way on to pizza.

One of the greatest, and most disturbing, aspects that accompanies the right of free expression is the ability to put ANYTHING on pizza.

Having said that, just because giardiniera MIGHT show up on an Italian Beef sandwich, that is no reason for the seller to assume that the customer expects that the vinegar salad would be part of an Italian Beef Pizza.

And now, I want an Italian Beef sandwich.  I'm going to the "Chicago Style" pizzeria down the street.

I just made grits in my rice cooker. I need to do that more often. Don't have think about it and they come out close to perfect. Add a little butter and sugar and I'm good for a while.

The spot next door, which was most recently a series of restaurants, is once again a restaurant, this time a pancake house.  They serve breakfast and lunch, opening at 6am and closing at 3pm.  They only just opened, so the only things I've tried so far were a mixed berry smoothie (good, not overly sugary) and a soup and sandwich combo (soup a rather bland alphabet soup of all things, sandwich a turkey on wheat with a big thick slice of turkey instead of thin deli slices which was quite good).  I'll have to get up early enough to try breakfast there, or maybe go with family next time they visit!

Once the rain is over I'm going to harvest about half of my chive pot and make some chive butter.  It's doing a lot better this year than normal.

Went to my local bar and grill and ordered a salad with out tomatoes.   

So, after picking the tomatoes out of the salad, it wasn't bad.  New waitress, so I'll chalk it up to that.

Making a 500 degree roast.  It's about 10 minutes into the high heat roast stage and smells just great.   Too bad I can't get at it for almost 3 hours now.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's about 10 minutes into the high heat roast stage and smells just great.   Too bad I can't get at it for almost 3 hours now.

fv00043.gif

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff100/fv00043.htm

Just to silence my inner Fourth Grader, are you talking about a 500 degree Fahrenheit roast?

A 500 degree Celsius roast could be incinerated at ten minutes.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Useless Detail Added

Stopped at the Wawa* on the way home for gas and ordered a toasted roll with cream cheese.

The girl at the counter actually asked if I was just going to eat that roll.

Today, I also put jelly on it.  But yes, I do eat rolls with cream cheese.

Is that really so unusual?

* Wawa has been brought up in this forum before.  If you don't know them, it takes too long to explain.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Stopped at the Wawa* on the way home for gas and ordered a toasted roll with cream cheese.

The girl at the counter actually asked if I was just going to eat that roll.

Today, I also put jelly on it.  But yes, I do eat rolls with cream cheese.

Is that really so unusual?

* Wawa has been brought up in this forum before.  If you don't know them, it takes too long to explain.

Maybe she knows something about the rolls there that you don't? :danshiftyeyes:

I forgot how much I really like good lime sherbert.  In other news, the person that set the size of a serving of sherbert has an eating disorder. 12 serving in a 3 pint box? Your kidding.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

I forgot how much I really like good lime sherbert.  In other news, the person that set the size of a serving of sherbert has an eating disorder. 12 serving in a 3 pint box? Your kidding.

Chapmans_Ice_Cream_Sundae_Strawberry_Sho

1 litre usually would give you 4 servings normally, though in reality, 2 servings if you're being generous, 1 serving if you're being selfish ;)