• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I've moved away from tea for the time being. I'm acting as the board coffee experimenter for the CounterSocial web site's #CaffeineClub hashtag. Some of my recent experiments have included the Primula Burke cold brew kit with different coarse grind coffees, K-Cups with Torani syrups, and illy Extra Dark Roast K-Cups. I'm now testing Torani Chocolate Milano syrup with the illy Extra Dark Roast, and I've got more coffee coming in from Laughing Man. Might want to tune in if you're interested in coffee taste tests.

I just noticed that the Bigelow Plantation Mint tea I have has a thing on the box bragging about 100% American Grown Spearmint. Was there a problem with imported mint I missed at some time? It's not like a tea with black tea as it's primary ingredient is any thing like "made in America" Color me confused.

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I just noticed that the Bigelow Plantation Mint tea I have has a thing on the box bragging about 100% American Grown Spearmint. Was there a problem with imported mint I missed at some time? It's not like a tea with black tea as it's primary ingredient is any thing like "made in America" Color me confused.

Maybe it is just some sort of advertisement mania. God knows Denmark has seen a lot of very odd things happen during our various "Buy Danish" frenzies. I mean, seriously? "Buy Danish bananas"? Where in Denmark do these banana plantations lie, and why did I never hear of them before?

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

"Buy Danish bananas"? Where in Denmark do these banana plantations lie, and why did I never hear of them before?

Danish Bananas?

Can't the Danes let Iceland have anything as their own?

https://satwcomic.com/never-say-never

I have taken up the mantle of resident coffee tester on a certain social media site. My test cup today is "Wake the Hell Up!" coffee. I'm using it to see if it can help me break through my morning oxycodone/gabapentin haze. We'll find out soon enough, since I'm still drinking it.

As far as drinking goes, it's not bad at all, despite it being an "ultra-caffeinated" coffee. There's a mild sweetness, and no bitterness at all. I recommend it on taste alone.

About 12 minutes have passed, and I feel a bit of a cone of focus surrounded by the haze of the oxycodone/gabapentin. Most importantly, I no longer feel the need to go back to sleep. I'd call this a successful experiment, and say that "Wake the Hell Up!" ultra-caffeinated coffee has its uses beyond giving someone a swift kickstart out of bed.

I've reviewed it earlier and found that its caffeine kick is a smooth one, with no hands shaking and no crash at the end. It's more of a crescendo of a lift, with a smooth fortissimo of a kick and a decrescendo to piano as it wears off. (Yes, I've just described several pieces of classical music.) It's a smooth experience, to be certain.

Highly Recommended. Try some.

After eating (and thoroughly enjoying) turkey & dressing with lingonberries at IHOP after Thanksgiving this year, I decided I would take lingonberries to the family get-together on Mrs. Prof's side as my contribution to Christmas dinner. Of course, I had to buy a test bottle from Amazon to make sure I'd be buying the right stuff. The bottle arrived today, so I opened it.

Whoops.

Not only are they the "right stuff," they're downright smegging addictive! I've gone through two thirds of the bottle by myself already, on things like English muffins, leftover stuffing, and just plain eating them from the jar. Thank goodness that they're only 34 calories per serving, with 20 servings per bottle. I've ordered two jars for Christmas, otherwise I'll eat all of the single jar myself. Now, the trick is going to be getting people to try them next to the cranberry sauce. :D

On 11/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Danish Bananas?

Can't the Danes let Iceland have anything as their own?

https://satwcomic.com/never-say-never

I made the mistake of clicking the link, then reading some of the comics. In the commentary for the second one, it says, "And it’s legal to have sex with animals in Denmark (and Norway), so we get sex-tourists from our surrounding countries, looking for some animalistic loving." Does that actually come up a lot? Does the critter have to be consenting?

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Does that actually come up a lot? Does the critter have to be consenting?

It is false. It was legal until recently but was outlawed at long last in 2015. At the time of the comic it was still legal, but fortunately Denmark has finally joined the ranks of nations that protect animals from this kind of abuse.

An animal definitionally cannot consent. And animal psychologists agree that it is psychologically harmful for the animal to be abused in this way.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

An animal definitionally cannot consent.

I meant it as snark.

Tell Denmark, "Thanks for that", the next time you see them. Norway as well?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I meant it as snark.

I don't think snarks can consent, either :danshiftyeyes:

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Tell Denmark, "Thanks for that", the next time you see them. Norway as well?

They outlawed it January 1, 2010. Way ahead of us Danes.

36 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I don't think snarks can consent, either :danshiftyeyes:

That was an unexpected response. I tracked down that one definition of snark is an imaginary animal and then recalled, "Oh that is a thing, isn't it?". Since it is imaginary, I suppose it would be whatever it was imagined to be, and would be technically legal.

I meant snark as in snide and sarcastic. TV Tropes has a plethora of entries.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Since it is imaginary, I suppose it would be whatever it was imagined to be, and would be technically legal.

Good point.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I meant snark as in snide and sarcastic. TV Tropes has a plethora of entries.

I know. I was being deliberately obtuse. Or as it is alternately called, an ass. :danshiftyeyes:

"Come, listen, my men, while I tell you again
     The five unmistakable marks
By which you may know, wheresoever you go,
     The warranted genuine Snarks.

"Let us take them in order. The first is the taste,
     Which is meager and hollow, but crisp:
Like a coat that is rather too tight in the waist,
     With a flavor of Will-o-the-wisp.

"Its habit of getting up late you'll agree
     That it carries too far, when I say
That it frequently breakfasts at five-o'clock tea,
     And dines on the following day.

"The third is its slowness in taking a jest.
     Should you happen to venture on one,
It will sigh like a thing that is deeply distressed:
     And it always looks grave at a pun.

"The fourth is its fondness for bathing-machines,
     Which is constantly carries about,
And believes that they add to the beauty of scenes--
     A sentiment open to doubt.

"The fifth is ambition. It next will be right
     To describe each particular batch:
Distinguishing those that have feathers, and bite,
     And those that have whiskers, and scratch.