• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

Tea, and lots of it today.

I've established that Explorer, my cat, doesn't like tea, with or with out milk, hot or cold. What she hasn't figured out is that is only thing that is going to be in the cup on the computer desk. She checks it to see what is in it every time she gets on the desk, which has been about a dozen times today.

Still drinking my body weight, more or less, in tea every morning. 

Explorer is very interested in the make tea process, watches me do every step.  Maybe she thinks if she watches, she will get something other than tea when she hopes up on the desk to check the mug.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

So you'd get the joke here?

Yes, more or less. It's multi-level, about Sweden historically owning the region, and Denmark thrown in for a reference to allowing gay marriage.

Just for a data point, I do not think of Canada as a hat. It's a pile of snow. I think they grow ice cubes or something. "Summer" is several weeks of bad hockey, eh?

I've been making box "Casar's" pasta salad about 2-3 times a week as it's an easy one pot dish that fits in my life style.  I have been adding about a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar  to the oil and water that you mix with the seasoning pouch.  Today I didn't, for reasons, and now I know I need to do that next time I make it.  While not bad, it not as good as it is with the vinegar.

I made some loose leaf tea this morning, as a change of pace from my normal PG Tips teabag tea. Explorer the Cat spent much more time than usual sniffing my tea mug. She must like the aroma.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I made some loose leaf tea this morning, as a change of pace from my normal PG Tips teabag tea. Explorer the Cat spent much more time than usual sniffing my tea mug. She must like the aroma.

I made a mug of my normal PG Tips teabag tea. Explorer barely sniffed it, so she must really like the aroma of the loose leaf tea, or it's enough different that she was confused by what it was.  It does smell different enough that I can tell it's not my normal cup of tea, so I suspect to a cat it's major different.

16 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I've just ordered, via Door-Dash today's and tomorrow's lunch.  Carnitas for the win!

I'd never used DoorDash before. Really like it's near real time tracking of the delivery car.  And the carnitas were just as good as I remember them being.  I'm going to end up with 3, maybe 4 meals out of this run.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

And the carnitas were just as good as I remember them being.

I'm feeling a bit like Grace after she ate the Pancakes of Doom.  I may take a nap this afternoon.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm going to end up with 3, maybe 4 meals out of this run.

Just had my second meal out of that order.  Mainly spanish rice but enough chunks of pork as to make it interesting, 

Tea, with reconstituted heavy cream.  Not quite the same as tea with half and half, which is not the same as tea with milk.  Not sure which one I like more, but it is a change.

Today I'm drinking, in addition to my normal half dozen mugs of black tea, some Genmaicha or green tea with toasted rice.  It's really good and the toasted rice adds enough sweetness that I don't add any sugar to it.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Steamed cauliflower with blue cheese dressing.

Had the second half of this, but with bacon ranch dressing instead of the blue cheese.

I had a box pasta "caesars" salad with some balsamic vinegar added.  That pretty much my go to fast one pot meal of late.  

I just recived a new rice maker, one that has a setting for making steel cut oatmeal.  Just finished making it and it's near perfect.

Yesterday, when I made the steel cut oats in my new machine, I didn't know there was a line for steel cut oats on the pot, so I made them using one of the rice lines. This resulted in a almost no fluid oatmeal. Today I used the oat line to make the oatmeal and it ended up being closer to porridge, which is to say it was slightly soupy. Not sure which version I like better.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Was it too hot, too cold, or just right?

Well, when it came out of the cooker it was too hot, but it fairly quickly cooled down to being not to hot.  I ate all of it before it got too cold.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, when it came out of the cooker it was too hot, but it fairly quickly cooled down to being not to hot.  I ate all of it before it got too cold.

OK Goldilocks :D

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Was it too hot, too cold, or just right?

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

OK Goldilocks :D

Well, he asked.  So I answered with the facts.  Not my fault, I didn't steal it from a family of bears.

For a change of pace today I started my tea with some Genmaicha (green tea with toasted rice). Explorer the Cat seemed to really be interested in the smell of it, in that she spent a lot of time sniffing the mug. Didn't try to drink any but really sniffed it a lot.

57 minutes ago, mlooney said:

For a change of pace today I started my tea with some Genmaicha (green tea with toasted rice). Explorer the Cat seemed to really be interested in the smell of it, in that she spent a lot of time sniffing the mug. Didn't try to drink any but really sniffed it a lot.

... like the AI robots in Questionable Content.