• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

14 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If you are that desperate for speed, you might as well use the instant stuff made of oat fragments and powder

The make 5 minute steel cut oats, so even the time factor is limited.

On October 3, 2019 I ordered a bag of 1100 PGTips teabags.  I just used the last of them.  As it happens earlier this month I got my 2nd bag of 1100 teabags so there was no interruption of my 6-10 mugs of tea per day habit.  I freely admit to being a caffeine addict, but my drug of choice is legal, cheap and doesn't make you where you can't drive you car or ride your bike in public. 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, mlooney said:

On October 3, 2019 I ordered a bag of 1100 PGTips teabags.  I just used the last of them.  As it happens earlier this month I got my 2nd bag of 1100 teabags so there was no interruption of my 6-10 mugs of tea per day habit.  I freely admit to being a caffeine addict, but my drug of choice is legal, cheap and doesn't make you where you can't drive you car or ride your bike in public. 

It can screw up your sleep if you have it late in the day. Supposedly takes your body hours to purge it.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It can screw up your sleep if you have it late in the day. Supposedly takes your body hours to purge it.

I normally stop drinking things with caffeine at or about 2:00 PM.  Other than Sundays where I'll have 2 sodas during the D&D game.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I normally stop drinking things with caffeine at or about 2:00 PM.  Other than Sundays where I'll have 2 sodas during the D&D game.

I don't do sodas any more. After a while, I no longer miss them.

Could not do that if our water was no good. I've lives places that were marginal.

I've been using honey in my tea. Last one I bought had a nice dark color. When I used it, what came out was light colored. ??? WTF ???

They used an amber container.

2 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

They used an amber container

I know you can preserve mosquitos in amber for millions of years
How long will amber keep tea?

As I sit here swatting assorted vampyric insectoids, I ask myself "why would anyone want to preserve mosquitos?"

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I've been using honey in my tea. Last one I bought had a nice dark color. When I used it, what came out was light colored. ??? WTF ???

They used an amber container.

While not illegal as such, that's dirty pool.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:26 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As I sit here swatting assorted vampyric insectoids, I ask myself "why would anyone want to preserve mosquitos?"

To save the dinosaur DNA, obviously.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:26 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They are an important part of the food chain.  Too bad that they think humans are part of the chain as well.

For the love of God, do not try Wensleydale with bits of apricot. It looked interesting, it was on sale; "I'll try that", I thought, ... so tonight I cut a small piece, ... "mmm, this is good", ... and within minutes, I've cut three more. Make that four. 

Don't do this to yourself. This stuff is too good, it's freaking addictive. Dare I say it? It's better than Yancey's Gouda with bacon bits.

I wound up ordering $90 of barbecue delivery from Pecan Lodge in the Deep Ellum section of Downtown Dallas tonight. It's Mrs. Prof's fault, really. She went off for a dinner with some of her cat trap-neuter-return cohorts and told me to "fend for myself," and O did I most assuredly fend. I ordered a pound of brisket, a half pound of burnt ends, two sausage links, and a peach cobbler. The food total came to $63, but with all of the delivery, tax, and tip charges, it hit $90. The barbecue was worth it - I only ate a bit of the burnt ends and part of a sausage link before I was almost too full to eat the peach cobbler. We have well over a pound of leftovers, of which Mrs. Prof will be able to partake.

She does not know how much I spent. It's better that way for now. I kind of feel bad, because just the other day I spent $78 on a spice refill order through Penzeys, most of it on a 2 cup jar of Four Peppercorn Blend which will last a good, long time. She doesn't know I did that, either, and won't until the order gets here.

I've been expensive this month. See my other thread about my new laptop incoming. That one's got sticker shock written all over it.

I've been more or less living on a mix of Aldi Bavarian bratwurst, Aldi Swiss cheese and tea with milk and sugar, with the occasional pasta salad.   I've been putting German currywurst sauce on the brats.

A bacon, mayo, and cheese sandwich. The bacon is Wright's Double-Smoked bacon. Not as impressive as their Applewood-smoked bacon, but anything Wright's does is above average. They've got a knack for making great thick-cut bacon. Mayo is Duke's, cheese is Velveeta Slices. Nothing fancy about this sandwich.

Oh, a good pu-erh. My lady found a deal on a 1968 brick... I save it for special occasions, my everyday tea currently is from 2006-2008. The '68 is much smoother.

I have no idea on what year these are from.  From what I have been able to tell about them they are "new" pu-erh so I suspect they are 2020 or maybe 2019.

At least look for paper wrappers. Sealed plastic wrapping is only for shipping, not for storage. The one plastic-wrapped brick I bought (it was cheap!) I drank one cup and then threw out (it was terrible!).

Then the paper wrapper will probably have the year on it in standard western digits. Somewhere. First look for a rubber-stamped year probably in large red digits, and if you can't find that then look through the tiny black print.

17 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

At least look for paper wrappers. Sealed plastic wrapping is only for shipping, not for storage. The one plastic-wrapped brick I bought (it was cheap!) I drank one cup and then threw out (it was terrible!).

Then the paper wrapper will probably have the year on it in standard western digits. Somewhere. First look for a rubber-stamped year probably in large red digits, and if you can't find that then look through the tiny black print.

This tea has paper wrappers, but doesn't seem to have any date on them.  I'll look next time I make some.

For health reasons (Kidney function) I've been reduced to 2 cups of tea with caffeine a day.  Decaf black tea taste familiar but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. It's not tea.