• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I just broke my Bodum tea pot.  Fortunately I have a back up, but I was using that for ice tea, will need to get a tea pitcher when I can afford it.  I suspect that will be after Pennsic.

28 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I pitty the fool without Mr. Tea.

I've still got Mr. Tea, I just don't have two pitchers, so I guess I'm at half tea. 

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

I just broke my Bodum tea pot.  Fortunately I have a back up, but I was using that for ice tea, will need to get a tea pitcher when I can afford it.  I suspect that will be after Pennsic.

I would suggest that a Bodum tea pot find its way to your Amazon wish list. Strange things happen there... :)

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I would suggest that a Bodum tea pot find its way to your Amazon wish list. Strange things happen there... :)

One has found it's way there.   :-) 

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I never considered this before.  What if Arthur's sword was stuck in a loaf of banana bread that was rock hard stale or burned on the outside & ultra taffy sticky inside?

... and why did Monty Python not address this in the movie ...

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Well, to be fair, they didn't touch on the sword in the stone at all, claiming that The Lady of the Lake giving Arthur Excalibur is why he was king.  Some versions of the story have Excalibur as also being the sword in the stone, most don't.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

They had to leave something for the prequel staring Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They had to leave something for the prequel staring Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Well, there is a problem that Sir Not Appearing In This Film is a child, so a prequel might be tricky.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, there is a problem that Sir Not Appearing In This Film is a child, so a prequel might be tricky.

Just tell JJ Abrams that it was George Lucas's idea.

He will come up with a solution that sort-of makes sense in a way that no body likes

. . . . . 

As to what I am ingesting?  A Ruben

There was no deli in the small town where I grew up.  So other than burgers and hot dogs, sandwiches were only made and eaten at home.

And pressed sandwiches were simply unknown.

Except on camping trips.

My dad had long handled, cast iron, sandwich presses ( I think they originally belonged to his parents ) that were only useful for making grilled & pressed sandwiches and pies in an open camp fire.  His favorite sandwich to make with these was a Ruben.  Corned beef, sauerkraut & Swiss cheese on rye bread.  I never knew until decades later that they were supposed to be served with Thousand Island Dressing.

I like thousand island on a tossed salad, but it still seems unnecessary on a Ruben to me.

I've ingested 1 liter of sweet milky tea, 2 glasses of limeade, 2 everything babels with butter and a whole package of thick sliced bacon.  8 slices I think, might have been 10.  That's not really a good diet, but it's not really all that much food.  About 600 calories from the bagels, 200, if that from the tea (mainly the milk) 70 from the sugar in the limeade and 600 from the bacon.  That's roughly 1470 for the day.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As to what I am ingesting?  A Ruben

There was no deli in the small town where I grew up.  So other than burgers and hot dogs, sandwiches were only made and eaten at home.

And pressed sandwiches were simply unknown.

Except on camping trips.

My dad had long handled, cast iron, sandwich presses ( I think they originally belonged to his parents ) that were only useful for making grilled & pressed sandwiches and pies in an open camp fire.  His favorite sandwich to make with these was a Ruben.  Corned beef, sauerkraut & Swiss cheese on rye bread.  I never knew until decades later that they were supposed to be served with Thousand Island Dressing.

I like thousand island on a tossed salad, but it still seems unnecessary on a Ruben to me.

I'm pretty sure you can still get the sandwich presses. It has been a couple of decades since I've looked for them, but when I looked they were not hard to find. I think we picked up a couple in Wally World (Walmart).

The sandwich end is aluminum, and it is possible to melt them if you neglect them; I've done it. In fact, if I recall correctly, that's why we were looking for them. 

Proper Reubens are supposed to have Thousands Islands dressing, I always order mine without. They are widely known and available in the Northeast; I suspect the availability of sauerkraut is somewhat ethnically connected. You can probably find it anywhere, but you may have a more difficult search.

I have been ingesting over a month's worth of hospital food. Some of it - not all, but some - has been quite depressing. On the other hand, some of it has been quite good. Most of it lands in the somewhat-mediocre range.

46 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Watch your doorstep say, Friday or so. :lol:

I and my brother have a lot of packages coming before Pennsic. I check my doorstep daily, but thanks for the heads up!

The problem with getting a major amount of your daily calories from bagels and jam is that you end up washing your face a lot more often than if you didn't.  Actually not my face as such, but my mustache and beard.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:50 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:
On 6/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, mlooney said:

One has found it's way there.   :-) 

Watch your doorstep say, Friday or so. :lol:

And they got here.  Both a Bodum and a really cool glass tea pot.

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Both of which were on your wish list. Enjoy with your favorite beverage. :P

Ah, yeah I was looking at the not a Bodum for being an ice tea pitcher.  It's a bit small for that, but it will make an excellent pu'reh tea pot.

Cheese grits. Not normally on my menu (I prefer butter and salt to cheese as a grits topping), but Mrs. Prof decided to use cheese instead of salt to cut down on sodium per doctor's orders. It was rather good and served the purpose well.